Antihistamines That Doesn't Increase Serotonin?

nostalgic

I'm aware that benadryl and hydroxyzine increase it, and that cyproheptadine decreases it, but cyproheptadine reduced my dopamine too much. I suffer from allergies from food and need to give an antihistamine a shot, and I need to know which one won't make my high serotonin levels worse. Thanks in advance.

ddjd

I thought Serotonin and dopamine oppose one another, in a see saw like effect. So impossible to have both low

OP
N

nostalgic

I thought Serotonin and dopamine oppose one another, in a see saw like effect. So impossible to have both low
I'm pretty sure cypro reduces both serotonin and dopamine but I could be wrong. Any tips on antihistamines I could use?

biggirlkisss

i found Cetirizine but some say it could be toxic for the liver. It didnt hit the brain with histamine so it wont mess you up with fatigue like the first generation ones. I tried singular the drug and didnt notice anything.

OP
N

nostalgic

i found Cetirizine but some say it could be toxic for the liver. It didnt hit the brain with histamine so it wont mess you up with fatigue like the first generation ones. I tried singular the drug and didnt notice anything.
Thanks for the suggestion. I picked up loratadine and hope that it works as well.

sladerunner69

I'm aware that benadryl and hydroxyzine increase it, and that cyproheptadine decreases it, but cyproheptadine reduced my dopamine too much. I suffer from allergies from food and need to give an antihistamine a shot, and I need to know which one won't make my high serotonin levels worse. Thanks in advance.

The studies posted on this forum indicate that benadryl lowers serotonin, though not by as much as cypro.

kayumochi

The studies posted on this forum indicate that benadryl lowers serotonin, though not by as much as cypro.

That's my understanding as well. I recently stopped taking 4 mg of Cypro at bedtime and went back to the .05 - 1.0 mg Peat protocol because it was making me hungry. I think I will be saving the larger dose for times when I feel stressed ...

Peata

Benadryl won't raise serotonin until you get to around 150 mg. per day and then it starts working as an SSRI, at least that was the word in a post back in 2013.

OP
N

nostalgic

Benadryl won't raise serotonin until you get to around 150 mg. per day and then it starts working as an SSRI, at least that was the word in a post back in 2013.

I didn't know Benadryl lowered serotonin, the question is how small of a dose is required for me that suffers from chemical sensitivity, at the same time I need enough to fight my histamine intolerance.

Any idea if Loratadine affects serotonin in any way?

sladerunner69

I didn't know Benadryl lowered serotonin, the question is how small of a dose is required for me that suffers from chemical sensitivity, at the same time I need enough to fight my histamine intolerance.

Any idea if Loratadine affects serotonin in any way?

Might you describe this "chemical insensitivity" you claim to suffer from?

Mayhaps you would be better off lowering the source of serotonin release, by minimizing gut inflammation from foods and eating carrot salads and taking activated charcoal or niacinimide. It seems that serotonin and histamine are somewhat intimately related through NO production.

OP
N

nostalgic

Might you describe this "chemical insensitivity" you claim to suffer from?

Mayhaps you would be better off lowering the source of serotonin release, by minimizing gut inflammation from foods and eating carrot salads and taking activated charcoal or niacinimide. It seems that serotonin and histamine are somewhat intimately related through NO production.
I get drugged from 1mg Oxascand when I used to tolerate 10mg without a problem the first time, I get bradycardia from low doses of betamethasone and I never did before from high doses, and the list goes on.

I've tried lowering serotonin by using BCAA and cypro but they made me too depressed, but the carotene salad I really should give a try. Activated charcoal sounds like something I could try if the carrota don't work. Cheers.

sladerunner69

I get drugged from 1mg Oxascand when I used to tolerate 10mg without a problem the first time, I get bradycardia from low doses of betamethasone and I never did before from high doses, and the list goes on.

I've tried lowering serotonin by using BCAA and cypro but they made me too depressed, but the carotene salad I really should give a try. Activated charcoal sounds like something I could try if the carrota don't work. Cheers.

Yeah I got very flat and miserable on BCAA as well. High anxiety too. I think BCAA lowers serotonin but also lowers dopamine. It is a strange combination and I don't ever want to take it again after that. I have never tried cypro... and I probably never will because I am afraid to put on any more weight.

biggirlkisss

im trying to understand dopamine you can take drugs that increase dopamine but its better to use progesterone

ray peat says

progesterone and its derivatives in the brain, allopregnanolone, for example, are important for keeping the balance in the right direction. Estrogen increases serotonin, and stress progesterone tends to reverse that and increase the balance towards dopamine.

so moderation amounts of cocaine is very stressful and increases dopmaine too much maybe then you go into crash like what medical says psychosis but ray says a small amount of cocaine can be of benefit so increasing dopmaine helps decrease serotonin but it's better to take progesterone to increase thyroid function because the body can better balance the dopmaine is that right?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals