Antihistamines Can Treat Anxiety-based Disorders Like PTSD

Kray

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that about your nephew. I can certainly understand your hesitancy about antihistamines. I really hope you find some real answers. I think it is a wake-up call that we don't underestimate or minimize effects of drugs simply because they are OTC.

I have used antihistamines off and on for many years. So this discussion, especially your comments, piqued my interest. I had recently purchased Cyproheptidine, which I have never tried, and meanwhile have Ketotifen eye drops wihch I sometimes apply topically or sublingually to help with allergy symptoms. Earlier this year I had taken an herbal antihistamine orally for about a week and had to stop because I felt like a zombie. Now I'm not sure if I want to continue using them at all if there is any chance of becoming dependent on them.

I apologize saying Ketotifen is not anticholinergic-- it is anticholinergic. I was reading on another thread and may have confused it with some others that are not, such as Claritin and Zyrtec, I believe.

I appreciate your sharing your story, and I hope your hard work will pay off to help your nephew out of this distressing situation. Sadly, the conventional route that medicine offers is not very promising. I wish you the best outcome.

Lynne

Does anyone know how long Periactin/Cyproheptidine is still effective beyond the use by date?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals