Antidepressants (SSRI) Make Females Unattractive, Provoke Male Aggression

Vinero

This could reflect the huge increase these last few years in the MGTOW(Men Going Their Own Way) movement. Basically men who feel women aren't worth marrying or having relationships with. Maybe the increasing bad behavior of women exposed to Serotonin and Estrogen is what causes this hostility towards women.

Vinero

i do love this forum, but it really is on the cutting edge of innovative misogyny
I didn't mean I agree with MGTOW, I just observe it as a rising phenomenon in society and the internet (If your statement was in reaction to me).

What-a-Riot

@Jackrabbit nah not really :)
@Vinero that wasn't meant as a response to you directly, though it did set off my thoughts on the matter again. I just get exasperated, i feel like a lot of guys are really about maximizing their physiological masculinity and end up seeing it as masculinity as synonymous with notfemininity or something. and in my mind masc/femm are basically ideas to be used for fun, and if people wanna take something seriously it should be notions of character and physiological optimization. ahhgg, i could ramble on and end up saying nothing at all, and actually @Jackrabbit i knew i shouldn't have said anything at all to begin with because i wan't gonna wanna go and find examples to cite and refute. i really don't mean any offense, and i barely mean to be a jackass, think i've got a kind of OCD where that's concerned though

Catcream

Whore moans ?
What does this mean ? Comments like these are why I find myself less and less on this forum . Yuck.

LUH 3417

Whore moans ?
What does this mean ? Comments like these are why I find myself less and less on this forum . Yuck.
What does “cat cream” mean?

whore (n.)
1530s spelling alteration (see wh-) of Middle English hore, from Old English hore"prostitute, harlot," from Proto-Germanic *hōran-, fem. *hōrā- (source also of Old Frisian hor "fornication," Old Norse hora"adulteress," Danish hore, Swedish hora, Dutch hoer, Old High German huora"prostitute;" in Gothic only in the masc. hors"adulterer, fornicator," also as a verb, horinon"commit adultery"), probably etymologically "one who desires," from PIE root *ka- "to like, desire," which in other languages has produced words for "lover; friend."

moan (n.)

c. 1200, "lamentation, mourning, weeping; complaining, the expressing of complaints; a complaint; lover's complaint; accusation, charge," probably from an unrecorded Old English *man "complaint," related to Old English mænan "complain, moan," also "tell, intend, signify" (see mean (v.1)); but OED discounts this connection. Meaning "long, low inarticulate murmur from some prolonged pain" is first recorded 1670s, "with onomatopoeic suggestion" [OED].

Waremu

i do love this forum, but it really is on the cutting edge of innovative misogyny

Then leave if you don't like it. Some of us don't care about overly used buzzwords like 'misogyny', often pushed by overly emotional people who don't like anything that goes against their fluffy utopian world view.

Waremu

I didn't mean I agree with MGTOW, I just observe it as a rising phenomenon in society and the internet (If your statement was in reaction to me).

I actually agree with the more intellectual side of MGTOW philosophy. I have found much of it agrees with my experiences as guy who has had quite a lot of experiences with women of today. Five men in my life that I know were all accused falsely of rape by different women (all of them were caught in lies, etc.), so I always knew something was wrong many years ago, but couldn't quote put my finger on it. I also have met too many guys who I find that when I share some of the concepts with, it clicks with their experiences too. As you said, that may be why MGTOW ideas are getting popular. It just seems to 'click' when you really dive through many of the concepts with an open mind. Unfortunately you have the crazy parts in any group, so I tend to focus on the philosophy more, but I dont see MGTOW as a group either, but more of a philosophy. It sure does offend a lot of people because it seems to challenge their world view of how they want things to be rather than how they are or may be in reality. But I stopped caring about what offends people long ago too, so that helps as well.

Last edited:

Jackrabbit

@Jackrabbit nah not really :)
@Vinero that wasn't meant as a response to you directly, though it did set off my thoughts on the matter again. I just get exasperated, i feel like a lot of guys are really about maximizing their physiological masculinity and end up seeing it as masculinity as synonymous with notfemininity or something. and in my mind masc/femm are basically ideas to be used for fun, and if people wanna take something seriously it should be notions of character and physiological optimization. ahhgg, i could ramble on and end up saying nothing at all, and actually @Jackrabbit i knew i shouldn't have said anything at all to begin with because i wan't gonna wanna go and find examples to cite and refute. i really don't mean any offense, and i barely mean to be a jackass, think i've got a kind of OCD where that's concerned though
No worries, I actually wasn’t trying to make you feel bad I was actually curious what your thoughts were on the misogyny on this forum. I think a lot of it is subtle, as in the males ignoring comments by women or dismissing them out of hand. And the title of this thread actually gave me pause as I thought it was interesting that the females were specifically “unattractive “ whereas males it just provoked aggression (and we women are ALL attracted to aggressive men, of course!). Perhaps it’s a commentary on the biases of the research community, were they actually testing for male attractiveness in this study? Perhaps they focus studies on what they think will be more marketable. The media is so hyper focused on the way women look whereas with male celebrities it seems to be much more about what they do.

Waremu

What does “cat cream” mean?

whore (n.)
1530s spelling alteration (see wh-) of Middle English hore, from Old English hore"prostitute, harlot," from Proto-Germanic *hōran-, fem. *hōrā- (source also of Old Frisian hor "fornication," Old Norse hora"adulteress," Danish hore, Swedish hora, Dutch hoer, Old High German huora"prostitute;" in Gothic only in the masc. hors"adulterer, fornicator," also as a verb, horinon"commit adultery"), probably etymologically "one who desires," from PIE root *ka- "to like, desire," which in other languages has produced words for "lover; friend."

moan (n.)

c. 1200, "lamentation, mourning, weeping; complaining, the expressing of complaints; a complaint; lover's complaint; accusation, charge," probably from an unrecorded Old English *man "complaint," related to Old English mænan "complain, moan," also "tell, intend, signify" (see mean (v.1)); but OED discounts this connection. Meaning "long, low inarticulate murmur from some prolonged pain" is first recorded 1670s, "with onomatopoeic suggestion" [OED].

Jackrabbit

I actually agree with the more intellectual side of MGTOW philosophy. I have found much of it agrees with my experiences as guy who has had quite a lot of experiences with women of today. Five men in my life that I know were all accused falsely of rape by different women (all of them were caught in lies, etc.), so I always knew something was wrong many years ago, but couldn't quote put my finger on it. I also have met too many guys who I find that when I share some of the concepts with, it clicks with their experiences too. As you said, that may be why MGTOW ideas are getting popular. It just seems to 'click' when you really dive through many of the concepts with an open mind. Unfortunately you have the crazy parts in any group, so I tend to focus on the philosophy more, but I dont see MGTOW as a group either, but more of a philosophy. It sure does offend a lot of people because it seems to challenge their world view of how they want things to be rather than how they are or may be in reality. But I stopped caring about what offends people long ago too, so that helps as well.
What makes men think they’re so desirable to be around? If women are becoming “less attractive “ due to SSRI, what about the whole aggression thing that males are more prone to? Does that just get overlooked? Trust me, us ugly ladies are not crying in our rooms just dreaming about the men who are punching holes in the walls and giving their girlfriends black eyes!

Waremu

What makes men think they’re so desirable to be around? If women are becoming “less attractive “ due to SSRI, what about the whole aggression thing that males are more prone to? Does that just get overlooked? Trust me, us ugly ladies are not crying in our rooms just dreaming about the men who are punching holes in the walls and giving their girlfriends black eyes!

LOL. You've wrongly assumed I think most men are desirable to be around. The fact that you are so quick to jump to "but men too" as an argument tells a lot. Anyway, honestly, most men I don't find desirable to be around either. So no. Not just many women I find have issues, but this thread was talking about problems relating to women and SSRI's, so of course it what I said will pertain to women. But in general, this society just seems 'sick' to me, in many ways. But there clearly has been a trend over the decades where women are becoming more masculine in their traits and how they act in general. SRRI's I think may be part of this, but I think there are other factors here as well. Data suggests women keep growing unhappier compared to decades ago as well. Just the number of middle class western women who are on anti-depressants is shocking and should tell that there is something very wrong here.

Many of the men these days (in my experience) here act like they have something to prove and are so desperate for validation and are way too thin skinned and act like a lot of the women do as well. I think a large percentage of people I come across in my life I don't like being around for extended periods of time, lest I feel dumber. That said, biological differences in both sexes will have some different outcomes insofar as behavioral traits in general are concerned. I think a part of my experience is the result of having a relatively healthy mind and society in general encourages and is full of toxic people putting toxic things in their minds and bodies and, as a result, producing toxic energy, and in general I personally think too many people who shouldn't be reproducing are reproducing in this world, which I think is contributing to the declining IQ average. I mean, things that used to be part of an SNL or onion piece 15 years ago now makes for normal and 'intellectually stimulating' debate/conversation today. When I first came to the US I was quite surprised at how thin skinned and soft many people were. I don't think many of them would last more than a week in my country where the hardships are so much harsher and real.

Men are more prone to aggression, yes, because biologically evolutionary pressures selected for that, as men were after all the providers and defenders of the tribe. But I would say women are capable of aggression as well, but they are just not taken as seriously because they're on average smaller and weaker than men are. Women tend to be more passive aggressive too. So both sexes are aggressive in their own ways.

And despite what feminists may claim, most men aren't dreaming of punching out womens eyes either. But women are the natural sexual gatekeepers and they very often keep going back to the abusive men they choose to be with. This is a very common thing most marriage and relationship counselors see. That said, women should assume responsability for choosing poor quality mates just as men assume responsability for violence on women, but in the current gynocentric society, women will get lesser sentences if they attack their spouse or falsely accuse of rap/sexual assault. And society seems to encourage womens poor choices in selecting bad men. No matter what happens, it is always the mans fault. You always hear that the man did not 'man up', or whatever. Even on talk shows when the woman cheats, she always guilts the guy into feeling like it was his fault why she cheated. I think men are just beginning to see through the gynocentric conditioning, which is why ideas such as MGTOW is spreading. It's like society encourages women to have freedom of choice but without the responsability when consequences for bad choices come. Like all the silly excuses for why single mothers choose to have babies with bad fathers whom they know are bad. Lame excuses like forgetting to take birth control. Or most of the time when a woman falsely accuses a man of rape, she walks away with a small prison sentence or community service time at worst, but often they don't go to prison for it. Yes some how we should just get rid of innocent until proven guilty and believe any claim. I think many of the indoctrination western feminists have pushed on women over the decades is backfiring on women and making women unhappier. That is probably partly why they are, according to the CDC, almost twice as likely to use SSRI's. But lets not point out these obvious inconsistencies because 'muh sexism.' SMH.

Last edited:

Ashoka

LOL. You've wrongly assumed I think most men are desirable to be around. The fact that you are so quick to jump to "but men too" as an argument tells a lot. Anyway, honestly, most men I don't find desirable to be around either. So no. Not just many women I find have issues, but this thread was talking about problems relating to women and SSRI's, so of course it what I said will pertain to women. But in general, this society just seems 'sick' to me, in many ways. But there clearly has been a trend over the decades where women are becoming more masculine in their traits and how they act in general. SRRI's I think may be part of this, but I think there are other factors here as well. Data suggests women keep growing unhappier compared to decades ago as well. Just the number of middle class western women who are on anti-depressants is shocking and should tell that there is something very wrong here.

Many of the men these days (in my experience) here act like they have something to prove and are so desperate for validation and are way too thin skinned and act like a lot of the women do as well. I think a large percentage of people I come across in my life I don't like being around for extended periods of time, lest I feel dumber. That said, biological differences in both sexes will have some different outcomes insofar as behavioral traits in general are concerned. I think a part of my experience is the result of having a relatively healthy mind and society in general encourages and is full of toxic people putting toxic things in their minds and bodies and, as a result, producing toxic energy, and in general I personally think too many people who shouldn't be reproducing are reproducing in this world, which I think is contributing to the declining IQ average. I mean, things that used to be part of an SNL or onion piece 15 years ago now makes for normal and 'intellectually stimulating' debate/conversation today. When I first came to the US I was quite surprised at how thin skinned and soft many people were. I don't think many of them would last more than a week in my country where the hardships are so much harsher and real.

Men are more prone to aggression, yes, because biologically evolutionary pressures selected for that, as men were after all the providers and defenders of the tribe. But I would say women are capable of aggression as well, but they are just not taken as seriously because they're on average smaller and weaker than men are. Women tend to be more passive aggressive too. So both sexes are aggressive in their own ways.

And despite what feminists may claim, most men aren't dreaming of punching out womens eyes either. But women are the natural sexual gatekeepers and they very often keep going back to the abusive men they choose to be with. This is a very common thing most marriage and relationship counselors see. That said, women should assume responsability for choosing poor quality mates just as men assume responsability for violence on women, but in the current gynocentric society, women will get lesser sentences if they attack their spouse or falsely accuse of rap/sexual assault. And society seems to encourage womens poor choices in selecting bad men. No matter what happens, it is always the mans fault. You always hear that the man did not 'man up', or whatever. Even on talk shows when the woman cheats, she always guilts the guy into feeling like it was his fault why she cheated. I think men are just beginning to see through the gynocentric conditioning, which is why ideas such as MGTOW is spreading. It's like society encourages women to have freedom of choice but without the responsability when consequences for bad choices come. Like all the silly excuses for why single mothers choose to have babies with bad fathers whom they know are bad. Lame excuses like forgetting to take birth control. Or most of the time when a woman falsely accuses a man of rape, she walks away with a small prison sentence or community service time at worst, but often they don't go to prison for it. Yes some how we should just get rid of innocent until proven guilty and believe any claim. I think many of the indoctrination western feminists have pushed on women over the decades is backfiring on women and making women unhappier. That is probably partly why they are, according to the CDC, almost twice as likely to use SSRI's. But lets not point out these obvious inconsistencies because 'muh sexism.' SMH.

You sound like you make an equivalence between a woman choosing a bad mate and the partner's actual toxic behaviors, using "take responsibility" talk is if it implies equivalence. That is obviously not equal, and it's why women argue against victim shaming. You're upset about people using buzzwords, like sexism apparently, but "feminism" and "gynocentric" sound just like your own buzzwords. It's not possible to think of several significant other reasons why women would feel depressed, other than western feminist "indoctrination"? I'm sure if you tried to think of other reasons, even through a Peat perspective, you could. You also blindly shamed women by saying men are acting more like women, which to you is (obviously) bad.

And the whole part about population control.. Is this a new spin on Malthus?

Last edited:

Waremu

You sound like you make an equivalence between a woman choosing a bad mate and the partner's actual toxic behaviors, using "take responsibility" talk is if it implies equivalence. That is obviously not equal, and it's why women argue against victim shaming.

No, you added that in there. I clearly stated that what partners do they are responsible for, but that doesn't change the fact that women as a whole in society today are encouraged to not take any responsability for their bad choices. Again, women are the sexual gate keepers. No one forces them to have babies with men they even know would be bad fathers and skip birth control. You can make all the excuses you want, but it doesn't change that fact which you and much of the feminine society as a whole wants to ignore. Also, in the end, if you keep going back to abusive people then you bare the responsability as well when it ends in violence. It's called blowback. Talk to the CIA about it because they know a lot about it as well. And you can call it victim shaming, but many people are victims of their own devices. And if people don't learn of their silly choices then perhaps shaming them can be necessary. Shaming can be a good and effective tool to chastise people from their bad choices. Our society no longer shames people for dumb decisions that affect society as a whole and that may be part of the problem. If someone runs around sleeping with people and they know they have ebola and it becomes a trendy thing, their families should shame them for their stupidity because they aren't doing it to themselves any longer, but to others as well.

You're upset about people using buzzwords, like sexism apparently, but "feminism" and "gynocentric" sound just like your own buzzwords. It's not possible to think of several significant other reasons why women would feel depressed, other than western feminist "indoctrination"? I'm sure if you tried to think of other reasons, even through a Peat perspective, you could. You also blindly shamed women by saying men are acting more like women, which to you is (obviously) bad.

No, just that buzzwords like sexism are way over used as an excuse for peoples intellectual deficiencies when they realize they either have no good argument or that their argument lacks substance or truth. I don't look at societal problems through a Peat lens. He is good on diet but I think he is dead wrong on his ideas when it comes to things outside of diet. For example, his argument on the non aggression principle was nonsensical and built around strawman-type arguments. Yes, I said many men today are acting like women. Women on average are more emotional and as a result are subject to being more easily offended by things. I wouldn't say it is bad that they are more emotional. Thats how they are naturally, and it is good actually within the natural context, but when it is mixed with SRRI's and a toxic culture, then it can be bad just like male aggression can be used for good or bad. And in todays environment, in the wrong context, it is a issue too. But men shouldn't be as emotional and easily offended by things as women today are. And women shouldn't even be. I don't think women were always like this on average. I think the culture has made both sexes this way, in many of the negative aspects. But women are more emotional nevertheless and the toxic aspects of culture has channeled that into them being too thin skinned I believe. But if you want to argue women today are not overly sensitive then I have a bridge to sell you. They clearly are. I think many men can attest to the fact that it is like walking on egg shells around them at any female dominated work place, where many of todays women who take these SRRI's work. Say the wrong thing or the right thing in the wrong way or a way they perceive is bad and it's time to raise hell. I think this is one of the reasons less men are going to public colleges in many parts of the West as well. Just look at how many women today overreact when you point out the simple fact that they are more emotional. Were you alive 20 years ago? Because just 20-30 years ago women commonly would joke around about being more emotional than men. They know it. Yet now if you say this truth look at how many women react to that. What changed? Women are clearly more easily offended if someone as little as that which they knew to be true and joked about is now all the sudden not true and somehow sexist to say just a few decades later. There are so many examples like this that anyone who was alive just a decade or two ago can remember. You think saying that is bad, but I don't care. I think it's truthful and truth isn't bad. Truth just is...it cannot be bad or good. The words I used such as "gynocentric" are not taken out of context because it's provable that the laws favor women more than men for many of the same crimes. And the society today largely encourages women to not take responsability. I could go on, actually. I would say women are more depressed now days because they've been indoctrinated to try to be more like men rather than being their feminine selves. They are in fact shamed for that, if they're not more like men today. No more do both sexes need to compliment each other, the culture says, but rather, try to compete.

And the whole part about population control.. Is this a new spin on Malthus?

No, it's simple logic and math, and laws of physics, really. We live on a planet of finite resources and we cannot continue on in a system that requires exponential growth. Human population growing requires more finite resources. Some of the inputs to this system are not renewable like trees are and take hundreds of thousands to millions of years to renew or replenish, etc. Once the easy sources are depleted, population stops growing exponentially like it has. To overlook the way the human population keeps expanding and wasting non-renewable resources because of silly emotional arguments isn't an argument. Most people today including economists have not the slightest clue as to how dependent we are on a select few of these finite resources and some of these are now in terminal decline and once that happens, it's back to the dark age. Yes, that is right. The dark age at best. And no, technology won't save us because technology is not a resource or raw input, but rather, requires raw inputs. We are in fact so close to having things turn upside down in the world that all these current silly problems people complain about, they will be wishing to return when they or their descendants at some point inevitably have to deal with it.

Last edited:

Catcream

Yes possibly a good idea to leave the forum or at least not engage.It has become less and less a place of learning and discussion and more a harbour for some people making pretty vitriolic posts.What a shame. I really don’t think Ray Peat would like that talk at all.

Waremu

Yes possibly a good idea to leave the forum or at least not engage.It has become less and less a place of learning and discussion and more a harbour for some people making pretty vitriolic posts.What a shame. I really don’t think Ray Peat would like that talk at all.

The world isn't a safe space.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals