Antibiotics

Can tetracyclines help people who have taken 5ar inhibitors?

• Total voters
I was reading on @Hans site that antibiotics can help boost DHT.

What do you guys think about antibiotics as a treatment/cure to PFS and PAS or other inhibitors like saw palmetto etc.

Feel free to give your experiences with tetra and doxy or your opinions/theories

Thanks

T

TheBeard

I would consider the overall metabolic impact of taking antibiotics.

If they hinder food absorption and thus metabolism, you won’t be producing much 5ar as an end result.

The global picture is majorly complicated when it comes to antibiotics, I don’t think you can blankly say the net effect will be such or such unless you clearly detail the cascade of events that lead to it

OP
Alex Jaramillo
@TheBeard That’s true. I like your profile picture by the way. Yeah, if only there was a treatment option to permanently restore high DHT and other 5 AR metabolites. I’m trying daily bone broth at the moment.

Beefcake

@TheBeard That’s true. I like your profile picture by the way. Yeah, if only there was a treatment option to permanently restore high DHT and other 5 AR metabolites. I’m trying daily bone broth at the moment.

Are you diagnosed with low DHT? DHT it self stimulates 5-ar so taking androsterone for example would upregulate 5-ar. So does glycine, niacinamide and many other supplements
Dihydrotestosterone: 20 Ways to Increase DHT Naturally
Some good mentions in this article is dropping body fat first thus lowering the capability for the body to convert DHT to metabolites. It both lowers aromatase which would mean increased T and also lower conversion of DHT to 3a-diol.

Hit training in my own experience is very effective

Adequate calorie intake or a surplus to fuel both your exercise and give energy for steroid production and lowering stress hormones.

Diets high in carbs has been shown to increase 5-AR significantly. Potatoes and rice are good options.
Nutrition-endocrine interactions: induction of reciprocal changes in the delta 4-5 alpha-reduction of testosterone and the cytochrome P-450-dependent oxidation of estradiol by dietary macronutrients in man.

And so does saturated fat.

Anyway it’s my opinion unless you got the lifestyle basics down theres no point in experimenting with supplements or antibiotics. Do you eat saturated fat? Do you eat high energy carbs like starches? Do you exercise short and intense? How is your weight? Do you sleep well? All these factors play major role in good androgen synthesis. And supplements are only minor boosts once you got it all worked out. If you dont do these lifestyle changes your most likely throwing away lots of money on supplements that wont do anything. Promise if you live and follow these advice you will eventually see results. Then you can start taking 5-ar and DHT boosters.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
@Beefcake I have tested DHT twice both times being rather low in my opinion. I am implementing all the things you mentioned above. Calories is the hardest for me to stick to but I have realized how crucial it is the hard way. Trying to stick to 4,000 calories and daily bone broth. Im also staying consistent with 3 weight training workouts a week. I think Magnesium and Calcium are crucial. Hopefully by December when I plan to retest my hormones I will see an improvement. Until then I am trying to enjoy my life and get swole. I think it’s going to pay off. I’m only 138 pounds at 5’10.

sladerunner69

I've been increasing my thyroid dosage, taking 10grams glycine daily, drinking 400mg caffiene worth of coffee, eating a lot of carbs, niacinimide, and experimenting with nicotine. These things seem to have the most dramatic effect on DHT production, probably through 5ar. I still think I need my other 5ar neursteroids like allopreg and thdoc up still because my nervous system is totally shut down.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I've been increasing my thyroid dosage, taking 10grams glycine daily, drinking 400mg caffiene worth of coffee, eating a lot of carbs, niacinimide, and experimenting with nicotine. These things seem to have the most dramatic effect on DHT production, probably through 5ar. I still think I need my other 5ar neursteroids like allopreg and thdoc up still because my nervous system is totally shut down.
How much thyroid are you taking/what brand? I liked glycine as well probably helpful but the thing that bothers me is once I get off, I’m back to where I started. Maybe staying hyperthyroid would work? But once we get off will we just feel bad again? I don’t know...

Last edited:

sladerunner69

How much thyroid are you taking/what brand? I liked glycine as well probably helpful but the thing that bothers me is once I get off, I’m back to where I started. Maybe staying hyperthyroid would work? But once we get off will we just feel bad again? I don’t know...
Well tbh I've been in such a rough spot- incredible brainfog,numbness/aches, bad digestion, low libido- that I would not care one little bit if I had to take a whole arsenal of supplements for the rest of my life if I felt well again.

Even taking thyroid, glycine, pine pollen, b3, nicotine, etc I still have significantly bad brain fog and numbness. Im going to experiment with things that directly increase 5-ar reduced neurosteroids in the CNS such as GHB, etifoxine, and opioids. Someone on this forum once said that valium completely reversed his PFS symptoms (although he didnt stick with it because he grew a tolerance and didnt want an addiction)

BTW the most reliable method for recovering from PFS seems to be using high doses of Androsterone. According to one study, DHT itself upregulates 5-ar throughout the tissues, which is why the guys on swolesource.com seem to all make baseline improvement after each "cycle" of androsterone. They all use either R-andro or Androhard.

Word of caution however- I used Androhard for a month back in October, and while it cured my anxiety and improved my libido, it actually made my brainfog worse. Im not sure how I could improve in one area and deteriorate in another - I am still trying to figure it out. I think it may have something to do with taking a potent lion's mane exract which I later found out to be a 5-ar inhibitor and I began taking that during my Androsterone cycle because I thought it would help with my brain fog.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Well tbh I've been in such a rough spot- incredible brainfog,numbness/aches, bad digestion, low libido- that I would not care one little bit if I had to take a whole arsenal of supplements for the rest of my life if I felt well again.

Even taking thyroid, glycine, pine pollen, b3, nicotine, etc I still have significantly bad brain fog and numbness. Im going to experiment with things that directly increase 5-ar reduced neurosteroids in the CNS such as GHB, etifoxine, and opioids. Someone on this forum once said that valium completely reversed his PFS symptoms (although he didnt stick with it because he grew a tolerance and didnt want an addiction)

BTW the most reliable method for recovering from PFS seems to be using high doses of Androsterone. According to one study, DHT itself upregulates 5-ar throughout the tissues, which is why the guys on swolesource.com seem to all make baseline improvement after each "cycle" of androsterone. They all use either R-andro or Androhard.

Word of caution however- I used Androhard for a month back in October, and while it cured my anxiety and improved my libido, it actually made my brainfog worse. Im not sure how I could improve in one area and deteriorate in another - I am still trying to figure it out. I think it may have something to do with taking a potent lion's mane exract which I later found out to be a 5-ar inhibitor and I began taking that during my Androsterone cycle because I thought it would help with my brain fog.
I read the study Haidut posted on that and it’s promising because I have taken like 3 bottles worth since joining this forum and haven’t measured DHT in a while so if this is actually true in practice that would be awesome. If not I might try DHT directly if I can get my hands on it without using a sketchy payment method. I recall another forum member with a Mike Tyson avatar saying that andractim and proviron did not change his baseline DHT levels.

T

TheBeard

I don't remember, have you tried scrotal application of large testosterone doses?

sladerunner69

I don't remember, have you tried scrotal application of large testosterone doses?
Ah not yet, though that has been on my mind. I am concerned about further suppression, as well as the quality of whatever I get in the mail.

However I will be getting another blood test shortly, and if my testosterone is still low (~250 last time) that might be the impetus for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals