Antibiotics Working A Treat

Jem Oz

So I've been on a short course of high dose antibiotics to attempt to kill the H. Pylori bacteria that have taken up residence in my gut. I am having the best sleeps in over 10 years, and my BMs have jumped from one a day to 3 or 4. Generally feel great.

Will be interesting to see what happens when pills stop.

tankasnowgod

So I've been on a short course of high dose antibiotics to attempt to kill the H. Pylori bacteria that have taken up residence in my gut. I am having the best sleeps in over 10 years, and my BMs have jumped from one a day to 3 or 4. Generally feel great.

I think some of it depends on how you maintain after the course. Keeping metabolism up, eating good food (eg, avoiding PUFA and iron fortified foods/supps, eating disinfecting foods like carrot, using coconut oil) would likely be good things. I think heating the gut with the red light heat lamps might also be a good thing. But yeah, certainly hope the good effects continue.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Which antibiotics are you taking?

OP
J

Jem Oz

Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Probably not ideal as antibiotics go, but hard to argue with how I'm currently feeling. Think my gut was crying out for some heavy duty artillery.

laleto12

Omg I think I need this so bad as well. I've tried lots of things except pharmaceutical antibiotics. I am always bloated and I think I have a huge overgrowth in my gut or something. I cant get doctors to prescribe me though. :(

golder

Doses and frequency for the amoxicillin and clarythromycin together? Great to hear your good results!!

Two things can help maintain.

One is a tablespoon or so of honey on an empty stomach, upon rising. Wait an hour before consuming anything else, including liquids. Repeat 4 mornings in a row. Really works great.

Also, 50,000 units of D3 with a little oil on an empty stomach disinfects H. Pylori and is a bit stronger.

GreekDemiGod

How come Peat is a fan of antibiotics when everyone is saying that antibiotics trash your gut and are a main cause of dysbiosis/ SIBO...?

GodsHound

How come Peat is a fan of antibiotics when everyone is saying that antibiotics trash your gut and are a main cause of dysbiosis/ SIBO...?
"You should make the organism so healthy and happy, that it makes its bacteria healthy and happy. But if you have a rapidly growing bacteria in your throat, some antibiotic can knock it out and gives your body a chance to come back. There have been several studies that showed that a minimal dose of an antibiotic would get it under control quickly, without hurting the bodies immune system. Instead of continuing it for two weeks, they would stop as soon as the symptoms were gone. Using an antibiotic for weeks, even though the symptoms are gone, is what gets people in trouble." - Ray, OneRadioNetwork, June 21, 2021

In another ORN interview he said that if someone had a healthy gut biome, a heavy course of antibiotics can permanently destroy it.

Chad_Catholic

"You should make the organism so healthy and happy, that it makes its bacteria healthy and happy. But if you have a rapidly growing bacteria in your throat, some antibiotic can knock it out and gives your body a chance to come back. There have been several studies that showed that a minimal dose of an antibiotic would get it under control quickly, without hurting the bodies immune system. Instead of continuing it for two weeks, they would stop as soon as the symptoms were gone. Using an antibiotic for weeks, even though the symptoms are gone, is what gets people in trouble." - Ray, OneRadioNetwork, June 21, 2021

In another ORN interview he said that if someone had a healthy gut biome, a heavy course of antibiotics can permanently destroy it.
Great quote thank you