Antibiotics with cyproheptadine: good or bad?

Pompadour

Hi!
I searched forum, but couldn't find this topic.
I am curently on day 2 of amoxiccilin 1000mgx3 because of tooth infection. So far i don't feel better and have a fever of 39C .
Do you think it is a good idea to add cyproheptadine or ketotifen to regimen, to protect internal organs of the burden of die off reaction?

Thank you for help!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
According to drugs.com there’s no interaction between these two medicines.

Attachments

• 495E0B0F-5D2C-4097-8AEA-9DEAB38A0B76.png
    495E0B0F-5D2C-4097-8AEA-9DEAB38A0B76.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 0

Gustav3Y

Hi!
I am curently on day 2 of amoxiccilin 1000mgx3 because of tooth infection. So far i don't feel better and have a fever of 39C .
Do you think it is a good idea to add cyproheptadine or ketotifen to regimen, to protect internal organs of the burden of die off reaction?

Thank you for help!
The dentist is not surprised you have such high temp of 39C from a tooth infection?

Gustav3Y

I see, which is the exact infected tooth and it is on the maxilla or mandible?

Gustav3Y

After many years of issues, yes.
I have taken antibiotics on several occasions for the 1st premolar.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the info. But do you think it is a good idea to use them both?
In such an extreme situation (and with no official drug interactions) I’d personally take them together *if your healthcare provider* is fine with it.

David PS

You might consider adding more probiotic foods to your diet if your taking an antibiotic. Eat the probiotic foods at time that is away from when you take the amoxicillin. Also, many herbs and spices reduce gram negative bacteria.

I have used xylitol as part of my plan to reduce gingivitis. It is over the counter medicine that is often incorporated in tooth paste and chewing gum.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Hi!

Thank you for help!

I've heard it suggested that cypro can increase the effectiveness of antibiotics. Apparently, bacteria can communicate with or respond to serotonin, and using a serotonin antagonist can block this, making the antibiotic's job easier. I think Georgi mentioned this in one of the Danny Roddy livestreams, but have no idea which one.

Rasaari

I've heard it suggested that cypro can increase the effectiveness of antibiotics. Apparently, bacteria can communicate with or respond to serotonin, and using a serotonin antagonist can block this, making the antibiotic's job easier. I think Georgi mentioned this in one of the Danny Roddy livestreams, but have no idea which one.

Lejeboca

Also, many herbs and spices reduce gram negative bacteria.
I second clove (in any form including just eugenol) from the paper on spices you've cited, David.
I've also personally used elecampane against to reduce bacterial.

OP
Pompadour

Pompadour

@Blossom , thank you, i take ketotifen now. 1mg with last meal before bed. It helps with appetite for sure, thats a good thing, because i 've already lost 3 kg during this illness thanks to nausea.

@David PS , thank you for suggestions. I have probiotics and plan to start them in a few days. I had my tooth extracted this morning and the wound must heal a little..my dentist advises against probiotics for a few first days of woundhealing. I tryed xylitol about a year ago after reading about dr. Ellie (?) or smth. But it shifted my micro climat in mouth in the wrong direction: i started to have all kinds of pimples in mouth. So i stopped it. I've read someone here had similar experience...maybe Amazoniac or Travis...
Like you and @Lejeboca suggested , i look closely at clove and elecampane for mouthwashing or smth. Thank you for the ideas!

@tankasnowgod , @Rasaari , yep, i also found smth mentioning this synergistic effect between antibiotics and cyproheptadine. Ketotifen is maybe a little weaker in this then cyproheptadine, but i give it a try anyway. As mentioned earlier, at least it gives me some Appetit. Thank you for sharing info here!

Now my fever is gone and the body temperature is again around 36,6. But i had fever the whole week! That sucks...now i feel like a crap and want only sleep. And afraid to catch covid19 in this weakened state :(

David PS

@Blossom , thank you, i take ketotifen now. 1mg with last meal before bed. It helps with appetite for sure, thats a good thing, because i 've already lost 3 kg during this illness thanks to nausea.

@David PS , thank you for suggestions. I have probiotics and plan to start them in a few days. I had my tooth extracted this morning and the wound must heal a little..my dentist advises against probiotics for a few first days of woundhealing. I tryed xylitol about a year ago after reading about dr. Ellie (?) or smth. But it shifted my micro climat in mouth in the wrong direction: i started to have all kinds of pimples in mouth. So i stopped it. I've read someone here had similar experience...maybe Amazoniac or Travis...
Like you and @Lejeboca suggested , i look closely at clove and elecampane for mouthwashing or smth. Thank you for the ideas!

@tankasnowgod , @Rasaari , yep, i also found smth mentioning this synergistic effect between antibiotics and cyproheptadine. Ketotifen is maybe a little weaker in this then cyproheptadine, but i give it a try anyway. As mentioned earlier, at least it gives me some Appetit. Thank you for sharing info here!

Now my fever is gone and the body temperature is again around 36,6. But i had fever the whole week! That sucks...now i feel like a crap and want only sleep. And afraid to catch covid19 in this weakened state :(
Sorry to hear about your difficulties but it good to learn that your body is now on the mend. Most doctors recommend a gentle salt water rinse after an extraction. Just gently swish the warm salty water in your mouth taking care not to disturb the placement of the clot that has formed in the socket where the tooth was located. Always follow your dentist's advice.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals