Antibiotics Treat Heart Disease- Restore Old Blood Vessel's Health

J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2006 Apr;52(2):157-60.
Antibacterial activity of citrus fruit juices against Vibrio species.
Tomotake H1, Koga T, Yamato M, Kassu A, Ota F.
Author information

Abstract
Lemon, lime and sudachi juices were tested for antibacterial activity against seven strains of Vibrio species. All juices were effective in inhibiting the growth of the Vibrio strains. Citric acid, the major organic acid in these juices, was found to be responsible for inhibiting the growth of Vibrio parahaemolyticus. Sauce prepared from sudachi juice showed a strong bactericidal activity against Vibrio parahaemolyticus, whereas the sauce adjusted to higher pH values had no bacterial activity. Diluted sudachi juice or citric acid solution also had antibacterial activity independently. These results suggest that citrus fruit juices are effective in preventing infection with Vibrio species.

Vitamin C and Scurvy

Three hundred years ago, a sailor on a long voyage would likely not return home alive - not because he might be slain by pirates or die in a storm, but because he might develop the dreaded disease scurvy. A British doctor found that a daily ration of lime juice would prevent the horrible softening and bleeding of organs, tendons, skin, and gums that led to death for sailors. Sailors got the nickname "limey" from this practice. Today, it is known that the sailors' scurvy was caused by vitamin C deficiency. Because fresh fruits and vegetables could not be stored on board, lime juice provided the vitamin C the sailors needed.

yerrag

It may be due to anti inflammatory effects rather than gut effects.

Lapacho-Tea comes to mind.
It carries some quinones that are structurally similar to tetracycline antibiotics.

It is know to posses potent antibacterial (and -viral, mycotic)
properties.

It enhances NAD/NADH+ - ratio

An ancient antiage/pro-Health beverage.

So while a clean-sweep solution to aged, impaired microbiome - be it eradication or readjustment of strains, seems impractical maybe just drinking some of theses teas like and especially lapacho are strong beneficial modulators in the long run.

I'm beginning to see why Ray Peat favors the tetracycline antibiotic because of its related structure and has similar properties as anthraquinones:

Anthraquinones, because of the presence of several oxygen molecules, had low electron densities and were stable. The tetracyclines, with related structure, have some similar properties, and are antiinflammatory, as well as antibiotic (Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.).

My backyard is teeming with aloe vera which contains emodin. I don't know how much I should be taking, as there's very little information on aloe vera. But since it's already with me, I'm going to use this and observe its effects on my blood pressure, which is in all likelihood a blood vessel issue. Next up would be to find cinchona bark, which can be found locally (in the Philippines), although I had a fruitless search for it yesterday. This bark is the original source of quinone, used for anti-malaria purposes. Having this, I can make my own strong version of tonic water, which I can drink straight up, or mix with a good brand of gin, one that's made with juniper berries, which because of its pinene content, have anti-inflammatory properties as well.

I'd like to try the Lapacho tea, but I'll have to order it from the US and then I'll have to pay for the extra shipping.

But I'm beginning to see ecstatichamster's view that it may be more of the anti-inflammatory effect that's having a salutary effect on the blood vessels, more than simply the anti-bacterial effect. So, that may be why Ray Peat favors tetracycline antibiotics, due to its similarity in structure to anthraquinones. And so I'm not just going to use any antibiotic - such as colloidal silver or copper acetate - and would rather get an effective dosage of substances that have quinones in their structure. This may be why vitamin K2 is recommended by Ray Peat, although I haven't had much success with it at a 15mg/day dosage. Perhaps I should stock more of it so that I can increase the dosage to 45 mg/day as ecstatichamster had advised.

Xemnoraq

I just wanted to add to this that i think aside from antibiotics, one way that seems to render a sort of immunity against infections is a moderate iron deficiency aparently or reduction in the systemic levels of iron and heavy metals,

Ive read plenty of articles and studies on both here and the internet that suggests a deficiency in some of these things renders a sort of spectrum of immunity against infections,

One of them was posted on here i think it said something along the lines of an iron deficiency, or really just (acceptable iron levels) like Peat mentions, rendered resistance against malaria and other diseases because bacteria seem to all thrive on iron and metals,

And you can see this in terms of how the body responds to endotoxin and the relationship between iron and endotoxin,

Its known here on the forum that excess iron promotes bacterial growth in various parts of the body, and not only that, iron sequestration is a response to infections in the sense that anemia, so to speak is in some cases caused by infections because the body has a method of reducing the blood iron and storing it away to prevent the lethality or spreading of an infection by reducing it's available iron, and i think Peat even spoke of this as an adaptation if i recall,

It would be really interesting to spark up a discussion on this topic with everyone here because maybe the answer could be found in simply reducing the growth factors for the bacteria so to speak being iron and metals,

It would make sense seeing how people can take anti biotics over and over but for some reason the infections keep coming back,

And i personally am almost convinced that this is true regarding the relationship between iron, metals and infections,

Ive always had bad gut issues, but for myself they were manageable, a couple years ago, i went on a binge of chocolate and cocoa, i excessively consumed tons of chocolate which is absolutely loaded in iron and heavy metals, i was consuming excessive amounts of iron and metals from chocolate without realizing some negative possible outcomes,

After my chocolate binge, my gut issues and ability to control endotoxin basically flew out the door, all of my problems became 1000x worse, and anything and everything i would eat would give me issues so much so that im on a liquid diet now because its the only thing that works,

So my guess is there could be a definite correlation between my iron/metal binge and increased severity of my gut issues, and i suspect lowering iron levels and heavy metals might even be more effective than antibiotics because those things are known to be a major cause of dysbiosis and factor in influencing the growth of pathogenic bacteria,
It should also be noted iron in excess is known for causing GI cancer, and women who seem to have less iron levels, seem to be protected from alot of the endotoxin driven issues like hair loss, and heart disease and stroke, i think this is because of their increased progesterone, and lower levels of iron.
And this is also well known in the science field, id love to hear anyones thoughts on this if they have any information or knowledge on this that would be worth sharing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals