Antibiotics+Ibuprofen = Heaven?

Makrosky

Hi there Ray Peaters!

I would like to get some insight on what could have happened to me the last week because I'm very surprised!!!! :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

I had a dental abscess with a quite strong infection for the lasts 5 months. I of course don't like dentists so I was delaying the visit because I also knew they'll had to extract that infected tooth. Kinda stupid to have a blatant infection going on for 5 months burdening the whole body and the immune system, I know, but that's how it was.

The dentist had prescribed a course of Antibiotic (Clyndamicine 300)+Omeprazole for 8 days, starting 2 days before the extraction. Contrary to what one would believe, I started to feel quite good. More calm, more centered. Less hungry all the time. Less pain in the stomach. More upright position. Better digestions. Less sleppinness after eating.

Then after two days, I got the tooth extracted and started for 3 days, 3xday 600mg of Ibuprofen Arginate (antiimflammatory) and during those days I felt absolutely amazing. Like a new person. To add to the previous good effects of the antibiotic, I had : More openness to others and the world, more gratitude, happinness for just being "alive", much more clear mind and MOOD, better sleep, much more ENERGY, much better orgasms. And so on. I loved my body so much. In sum, much better than in the last years in only a few days of prescription meds. I felt much better than BEFORE the infection in the tooth, just to be clear.

Specifically i was feeling like if I had been permanently drunk for god knows how many months or years and finally I became SOBER. SOBER. SOBER!!!!!!! Wow. Nice feeling.

I stopped all those meds because the prescription was for only 8 days anti+omeprazol and 3 days ibuprofen. Still feeling the good effects of the antibiotic+omeprazol but the ibuprofen effects have completely banished. So I guess I still have "SOMETHING" inflammated.

Please could someone give some light and what the hell is going on ? Could it have been Placebo or just coincidence ? I can accept the placebo, not the coincidence because I know myself very well and something like that won't just happen out of nothing.

I have found anecdotal reports on other forums about similar experiences with Ibuprofen. But I'm quite newbie in all the Ray Peat Universe.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers to all.

PS: My thyroid numbers are OK when I asked in this board less than a year ago.

HDD

This quote came to mind:

Peatarian said:
I have been using antibiotics every now and then. Ray Peat has been recommending tretracycline derivates for years since they are really safe. I have never known any side effects. What I do notice is that when a tooth hurts and I use antibiotics (or ondansetron) the pain stops. (Read Ray Peat for the context between teeth, endotoxins and serotonin.) My skin gets brighter and softer, the pores invisible, I sleep better and severe headaches clear up within half an hour and I see better. These effects linger for many months after a week of using minocycline in even in low doses.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=266&p=5096&hilit=Tooth+and+gut+relation#p5096

lexis

Makrosky said:
post 80911 Please could someone give some light and what the hell is going on ? Could it have been Placebo or just coincidence ? I can accept the placebo, not the coincidence because I know myself very well and something like that won't just happen out of nothing.

Could it be due to removal of an infected part from the body?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

And reduced endotoxin burden, less stomach irritation, inflammation.

Nicholas

i would think this would make sense what you've experienced. I think the verdict is still out on whether antibiotics are good in the long-term....but i think many people are surprised by a 180 when taking antibiotics or anti-inflammatories.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

lexis said:
post 107927
Makrosky said:
post 80911 Please could someone give some light and what the hell is going on ? Could it have been Placebo or just coincidence ? I can accept the placebo, not the coincidence because I know myself very well and something like that won't just happen out of nothing.

Could it be due to removal of an infected part from the body?

I was feeling much better than prior the infected abscess and it didn't last much once the antibiotic+nsaid was discontinued even with the bad tooth pulled out so the infection anywherelse/endotoxin/inflammation was the real issue there.

Last edited by a moderator: