Antibiotics for sibo? Which one?

Mauritio

Yes, I take a b-complex and also a little additional niacinamide and biotin, along with magnesium glycinate. I rely on orange juice for potassium. I added the biotin a couple of months into the high dose thiamine; I responded well to it so maybe my biotin function was also blocked. I also take progesterone, pregnenolone, some K, A, and D3. I also take aspirin.
Ok thanks.

Here's a GoFundMe campaign for high dose thiamine study for Parkinson's disease done by dr. Constaninis colleagues, who is often mentioned on hormonesmatter.

mostlylurking

Ok thanks.

Here's a GoFundMe campaign for high dose thiamine study for Parkinson's disease done by dr. Constaninis colleagues, who is often mentioned on hormonesmatter.

Thank you. I'm a big fan of Dr. Costantini's work.

Vins7

H
There is a supp that is veyr likely to work; it is a combo of three essential oils. It fixed me up after fighting with a horrible intestinal thing for an entire year; abx simply made it worse. It is called Intestin-ol. I tried it after reading someone's report that it fixed her SIBO. Only has three oils and nothing else, in a gel cap. One bottle fixed me permanently.
How long were you suffering sibo?

Vins7

I want to add some information regarding why I need 2 grams of thiamine hcl. Please note that when someone explains what works for them that it is not a blanket recommendation that everybody follow suit and do exactly the same thing.

I had been taking 100mg thiamine 2Xday for about 6 years and I felt pretty good. It is not the only thing I take. Summer of 2020 I got a bladder infection that was treated with different antibiotics over a 3 month period. One of the antibiotics was Bactrim which is known to block thiamine function. I got really sick. I was in trouble and in a lot of pain (lactic acidosis). I started increasing my thiamine hcl dosage October of 2020; Each higher dose would work for maybe a week and then stop working. I developed a tremor in my right hand. By January I was up to 1.5 grams/day and getting concerned that this high a dose would hurt me. So I researched thiamine some more.

I found Dr. Costantini's website: HDT Therapy and read everything on the site, including his published papers (hidden under Blog). Dr. Costantini successfully treated Parkinson's Disease patients with high dose thiamine. I had read that people who have a history of gut disbiosis are more likely to get Parkinson's as they get older. I'm 71. I had developed a tremor in my right hand. I was having a hard time rolling over in bed and walking across the room was very hard.

I decided to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol of high dose thiamine hcl. I read that my dose should be 2 to 2.5 grams/day. So I tried the 2 grams/day dose. After 2 days on this dose I experienced a really big improvement in my digestive tract which had been pretty much shut down for months. Things just got a whole lot better.

After a week of the 2 gram/day dose, I decided to try 2.5 grams. I did that dose one day. That night, when I went to bed, I experienced shooting electrical zapping pains in my thighs. I read that this is a sign that you took too much thiamine so I went back to the 2 gram/day dose. I've been taking this dose since the first of February and I've gotten my life back. I can actually walk down the road a mile (or two!) and have enough energy afterwards to do strength exercises for about 30 minutes.
Do you take thiamine hcl?

OP
M

Motif

They say rifaxamin/neomycin combo or Allisin for a month. Both are wretched.

Id try the carrot salad and diet for a while before doing that.
I‘m almost one month in with allicin.

Dr. B

It is indeed. I think the bioavailability is around 3-5% with thiamin HCL and thus higher doses are required. The 3 grams of thiamin HCL are probably equivalent to 100-150mg TTFD.
i heard thiamine in foods is often thiamine pyrophosphate
is that the same form as alliathiamine?
whats bioavailibility of alliathiemine and food thiamine pyrophpsohate, 100%?
in that case, even 500mg of thiamine hcl should have noticeable positive effects... maybe absorption increases if stores are poor?

Mauritio

heard thiamine in foods is often thiamine pyrophosphate
is that the same form as alliathiamine?
No that's a different one. I think that's the only one I haven't tried so far ...

Dr. B

No that's a different one. I think that's the only one I haven't tried so far ...
is this all vitamin supplements have poor availability or just certain ones like b12 and thiamine hcl have poor bioavailability