Antibiotics cured my chronic constipation (by mistake)

supercoolguy

Kill two birds with one stone and take ivermectin?
Thanks, I look into it.
Reasearching ive found Legitimate Protocols, Yet they are months long with Complex assortments of Herbs that also involves Moon Phases!

It cant be This Tough, can it?

Incredible, a common condition. 1 in 4ppl, another older report said 1 in 7ppl.

Zpol

I had an ear infection which I (mistakenly) assumed was bacterial. Maybe it was at one time. Amoxycillin worked, then I stopped, then it came back. Went through more, then doxycycline, then azithromycin (Dr. Peat suggested it) and also a cephalosporin-type antibiotic whose name escapes me (second or third generation, not first).

I had no bad effects other than diarrhea once or twice, when I took S. Boulardii which always works.

After I was done, went to the ENT guy and he shot some anti fungal crap in my ear and cured it.

But meanwhile, my constipation was gone and this was a few months ago and it's good now. I don't need cascara anymore. I was taking it for maybe 4 or 5 years.

So now it's all good. Isn't that awesome? I'll post here if it gets bad again but so far it's as it should be.
Hi ecstatichamster,
Are you still cured from constipation? I had a similar experience when I took Augmentin for a sinus infection. Didn't cure the sinus infection but eliminated constipation! I too was able to quit taking cascara for the first time in several years. I experienced unpleasant side effects though including a pretty major fungal overgrowth issue after completing the 10 course of Augmentin plus it caused some dental issues. Fast forward about 3 months, and now the constipation is back and worse than ever. I now have to take 3x the amount of cascara for any effect.
This was a very unexpected effect of an antibiotic for me. I've taken doxycycline and rifaximin in the past and they've never had any effect on my digestion.

OP
ecstatichamster
I’m pretty much cured. L Reuteri has helped. I haven’t taken cascara in quite some time.

OliviaD

I had an ear infection which I (mistakenly) assumed was bacterial. Maybe it was at one time. Amoxycillin worked, then I stopped, then it came back. Went through more, then doxycycline, then azithromycin (Dr. Peat suggested it) and also a cephalosporin-type antibiotic whose name escapes me (second or third generation, not first).

I had no bad effects other than diarrhea once or twice, when I took S. Boulardii which always works.

After I was done, went to the ENT guy and he shot some anti fungal crap in my ear and cured it.

But meanwhile, my constipation was gone and this was a few months ago and it's good now. I don't need cascara anymore. I was taking it for maybe 4 or 5 years.

So now it's all good. Isn't that awesome? I'll post here if it gets bad again but so far it's as it should be.
Can you give me a bit more specifics, I'm desperate to try to find some improvement. You list 4 antibiotics. Did you take these sequentially, i.e. one right after another? How long did you take each one - i.e at the usual 'medical dose' for 7-10 days? Or much smaller doses that RP seems to recommend? Was it only after all 4 that you got your relief?

golder

And is there any way of finding out which antifungal was used on you? Thanks!

aliml

Smitty

Was it Peat who recommended the cephalosporin? I can’t find much info on it but am wondering if it’s as safe as the more typically discussed antibiotics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals