Antibiotic Suggesiton For Bacterial Overgrowth

Astolfo

The most important thing is that it must be safest because I'm not an adult yet. I have seen some topics about effects of the antibiotics on the mitochondrias. But I still don't sure about that's mechanism.

Thanks for all of your replies.

Cirion

Some people have had success with activated charcoal in large dosages administered one time (upwards of 25-50 grams) which is kind of a more natural antibiotic. I don't know if it would be safe and if so what dosages for someone who is not an adult though, but I would imagine probably safer than pharmaceutical grade antibiotics.

I'm going to try this myself when I start my weekend and have a lot of free time because it strongly stimulates the bowels for several hours from what I've heard lol.

opson123

In a relatively "healthy" person, AC may stimulate the bowel, but it was the opposite for me. My bowel was already sluggish and 50g dose took a 5 days to come out. Was incredibly uncomfortable. Didn't notice any improvements gutwise.

My body is a mess though, so using my experience as an example isn't probably accurate for most people.

Last edited:

Cirion

Oh wow, yeah hadn't considered that. I guess I have been fortunate enough to never really have problems with bowel transit times.

Hey my man i had the same thing / still dealing with it and what I have had success with is colostrum, wormwood black walnut and also pau d arco tinctures work well also, using all three in tandum is powerful, its just making sure you keep it down from that point because it can come back and it does take ane ffort to rid the system of it.

OP
A

Astolfo

I tried to find but it looks like I can't find a reliable source of AC.

I started to eat carrot salad(with coconut oil and vinegar of course,) today. I had saw that it helps to excrete the toxins and that coconut oil has some antimicrobial properties.

But I don't thinking that this would be enough to take a improvement in my symptoms. Maybe I'm in the wrong way but I want to try my chance. When you compare the rifaximin and doxycycline, which is the most safe?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
A couple of years ago, my mother-in-law had candida overgrowth in her mouth from antibiotics. I helped her with colloidal silver, 500 ppm from Innovative Natural Products, plus mouth rinses with 'MMS' (Miracle Mineral Supplement, which is chlorine dioxide, available from many Internet sources, I like the dropper design from Keavy's Corner. You need to mix 4 drops of sodium chlorite -NaClO2- with a single drop of 50% citric acid, this is the proper stoichiometric ratio. Put drops in empty glass, let it react for about 1/2 minute, liquid turns brown and smells like chlorine or ozone, then dilute with maybe 4 oz. of water, this can also be ingested after mouth rinsing.) Then I had her break a PB8 (probiotic) capsule and dissolve it in her mouth. She did this for a few days and it got rid of her candida overgrowth quickly. It may also work for bacterial overgrowth, is it in the mouth or intestinal track? I would not take antibiotics, except in a life threatening situation. Doctors nowadays are too quick to prescribe them, some of them can have serious side effects, e.g. life-long arrhythmia! Always read up on the side effects.

The other suggestions are also very good.

S-VV

If you do take antibiotics, make sure to take antifungals at the same time: Nystatin or Fluconazole

TeaRex14

Activated charcoal, carrot salad, oil of oregano, and flowers of sulfur are the only "antibiotics" that are safe long term. Oil of oregano has been shown to be just as effective as most prescription antibiotics as well.

OP
A

Astolfo

@StephanF @S-VV @TeaRex14

Thanks soo much. Oregano oil is seems the best choice. I’m already started to eat daily carrot salad btw.

There is really a big problem in my gut. I have a mild burning and pain on my gut area for about 30 minutes. I guess I will have to go to hospital tomorrow if it continues.

If oregon doesn’t works, which antibiotic and antifungal do you suggest me to take?

Rifaximin + nystatin?

TeaRex14

@StephanF @S-VV @TeaRex14

Thanks soo much. Oregano oil is seems the best choice. I’m already started to eat daily carrot salad btw.

There is really a big problem in my gut. I have a mild burning and pain on my gut area for about 30 minutes. I guess I will have to go to hospital tomorrow if it continues.

If oregon doesn’t works, which antibiotic and antifungal do you suggest me to take?

Rifaximin + nystatin?
I've seen Peat mention the effectiveness of just standard penicillin before, I have no anecdotal opinion though. I'm allergic to penicillin and the last antibiotic I took (ciprofloxacin) gave me a bad spell of candida.

apple cider vinegar seems to be working for me, but make sure you use vitamin K2 if you are using it, i clearly noticed a different not using vitamin K2, took me a while to realize

or carrot salad should be good, i dont think you need an antibiotic, they are kind of intense, u might be allergic to something

OP
A

Astolfo

apple cider vinegar seems to be working for me, but make sure you use vitamin K2 if you are using it, i clearly noticed a different not using vitamin K2, took me a while to realize

or carrot salad should be good, i dont think you need an antibiotic, they are kind of intense, u might be allergic to something
I will consume Apple cidear vinegar and coconut oil when I found a natural one.

I had used amoxicillin-clavulanate years ago but I think rifaximin is a better choice. But I don’t any sure about it. I possibly have some fungus but I don’t know if it’s safe to use antifungals.

Btw, I searched the oregano oil and found that it may damages the blood brain barrier. Garlic has similar effects too. I don’t sure if it’s better to use natural antimicrobials since they are mostly may be harmfull.

Blood-brain barrier breakdown, memory impairment and neurotoxicity caused in mice submitted to orally treatment with thymol. - PubMed - NCBI