Antibiotic Success Stories

T

TheBeard

It’s not very apparent from the different threads whether there are more people benefiting from long term antibiotics or suffering.

Please chime in if staying on antibiotics long term has improved your digestion, fatigue, or any other symptom you see relevant.

milkboi

My digestion went from chronic diarrhea to frequent, well formed stool. Not a lot of bloating, almost no digestive pain. I can even tolerate fiber now lol. I used Doxycycline btw.

alywest

Try enteric coated peppermint oil if you have digestive issues like IBS. I haven't been able to convince myself to take antibiotics. The ECPO really calmed my gut down. I used to have horrible "abdominal migraines" I called them because I would get them when I had a migraine "headache." It got to the point where my gut bothered me more than the headache because it felt so awful. Actually I've been taking one called "Heather's Tummy Tamers" that also has ginger and fennel oils. It costs a whopping $6 on amazon and it's been the most effective thing I've taken to help with gut issues. Interestingly it hasn't helped with nausea despite the addition of ginger to the mix, so I still take ondansetron when I'm nauseous. Anyway, not sure this helps, but thought I'd throw that out there!

OP
T

TheBeard

What does he look like? Looks healthy to me

He seems to have very little muscle mass and very soft features.
And don’t tell me it’s genetic or he doesn’t lift.
Aajonus Vonderplanitz and Sv3rige are prime examples you can look like an athlete with diet only

OP
T

TheBeard

My digestion went from chronic diarrhea to frequent, well formed stool. Not a lot of bloating, almost no digestive pain. I can even tolerate fiber now lol. I used Doxycycline btw.

Thank you for the feedback.

Is doxycycline the only antibiotic you used?

How long have you used it? At what frequency? Why did you discontinue?

Tarmander

I have always been on the fence on whether to try them or not. Seems some really get an improvement and then people like @Jennifer get wrecked.

milkboi

And don’t tell me it’s genetic or he doesn’t lift.
Aajonus Vonderplanitz and Sv3rige are prime examples you can look like an athlete with diet only

Yeah, someone proposed that’s because he uses progesterone regularly. Makes sense to me. I’d rather be a bit more feminine than be sick and estrogen dominant, but I prefer being more on the androgenic site too. I don‘t think it has anything to do with his antibiotic use.

milkboi

Thank you for the feedback.

Is doxycycline the only antibiotic you used?

How long have you used it? At what frequency? Why did you discontinue?

Yup, I only used Doxy so far. Got some penicillin laying around, so I might experiment with that someday too.

I used some bigger doses like 100-200mg for a few days, then basically took ~25mg when I felt endotoxin symptoms coming up, IIRC. I have a thread on my „success story“ with it. I don‘t use it regularly anymore because A) I don‘t need it anymore, my digestion game is going strong and B) because it‘s pretty expensive, as I don‘t have a prescription for it.

Unfortunately, even though I can finally consider my chronic digestive problems solved, that didn‘t lead to a significant improvement in other areas of health, like energy levels.

Kartoffel

Danny actually mentioned in an interview that he lost about 10 pounds of muscle mass when he first started taking penicillin VK.

OP
T

TheBeard

I have just read that pharmaceutical antibiotics, while they work to kill bacteria, most often give rise to fungus like candida in the following months.

On the other hand, use of fresh raw garlic was equally effective at killing bacteria and didn’t cause fungus flare up.

I might try the carrot salad with garlic, ACV and coconut oil

yerrag

Used doxy. First 2 weeks- 2x20mgmday; Next 3 weeks- 2x10mg/day; total used 1000mg. Intended to help lower BP. Didn't work. But my left knee arthritis gone and seborrheic dermatitis stopped bothering me.

milkboi

I have just read that pharmaceutical antibiotics, while they work to kill bacteria, most often give rise to fungus like candida in the following months.

On the other hand, use of fresh raw garlic was equally effective at killing bacteria and didn’t cause fungus flare up.

I might try the carrot salad with garlic, ACV and coconut oil

I think Haidut recommended Niacinamide to take with an antibiotic to also kill of fungus.