Antibiotic Resistance May Be Driven By Pesticides Like RoundUp (glyphosate)

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am sure most people on the forum have seen multiple news items on the topic of rapidly increasing antibiotic resistance of many bacterial strains causing the most common infections in both the general population and hospital patients. The official version is that this increasing resistance is due to doctors overprescribing antibiotics. However, the prescription data does not show an increase antibiotics treatments that could explain both the magnitude and the speed of resistance increase of the most common bacterial strains. One known environmental cause of increasing antibiotics resistance is the environmental pollution by SSRI drugs.
SSRI Drugs Such As Prozac (fluoxetine) Cause Antibiotic Resistance

The study below now shows that there is another ubiquitous environmental pollutant that may be contributing to the increasing resistance. The study found that the widely used pesticide RoundUp (gyphosate) by Monsanto, as well as the pesticide known as Kamba may be the driving force behind this rapidly increasing resistance. The study showed that bacteria exposed to both an antibiotic and one of the pesticides developed resistance up to 100,000 faster than when exposed to only the antibiotic. Since RoundUp is present in everything from tap water to commercially prepared/processed food, it is hard to imagine a case where a person prescribed antibiotics won't also be exposed to RoundUp for duration of the antibiotic treatment.

Agrichemicals and antibiotics in combination increase antibiotic resistance evolution
New study links common herbicides and antibiotic resistance

"...A new study finds that bacteria develop antibiotic resistance up to 100,000 times faster when exposed to the world’s most widely used herbicides, Roundup (glyphosate) and Kamba (dicamba) and antibiotics compared to without the herbicide. This study adds to a growing body of evidence that herbicides used on a mass industrial scale, but not intended to be antibiotics, can have profound effects on bacteria, with potentially negative implications for medicine’s ability to treat infectious diseases caused by bacteria, says University of Canterbury scientist Professor Jack Heinemann, one of the study’s authors. “The combination of chemicals to which bacteria are exposed in the modern environment should be addressed alongside antibiotic use if we are to preserve antibiotics in the long-term,” he says. An important finding of the new study was that even in cases where the herbicides increase the toxicity of antibiotics they also significantly increased the rate of antibiotic resistance, which the study’s authors say could be contributing to the greater use of antibiotics in both agriculture and medicine."

Last edited:

GAF

I have long wondered if "antibiotic resistance" is real or is just another excuse to raise the prices of "new" drugs.

Has "antibiotic resistance" actually been proven?

Trix

@haidut what are your thoughts on Stephanie Seneff's papers and slide shows. I have listened to her WAPF talks and there is so much that contributes to someone's health if exposed to glyphosate. If your aromatic amino acids become destroyed and the bacteria that is suppose to make your B vitamins are destroyed, the body gets dis-regulated and disease arrives out of nowhere. The doctors have no clue. Saturate the body with glycine and go organic? I have no idea how long it remains in our tissues. What I have read is they (M) stop the study at 3 months and that all the studies are safe, but after 3 months, this is when you see damage to the body. Maybe the reserves the body has, will make a difference as to how long you will notice something is not working correctly.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have long wondered if "antibiotic resistance" is real or is just another excuse to raise the prices of "new" drugs.

Well, if you expose a bacteria to non-lethal levels of antibiotic for hundreds of generations, eventually it will become more resistant to it but I don't think full resistance will develop. There are some strains like MRSA that are resistant from the get go, but those are mutated forms that for some reason thrive in hospitals but cannot survive in the wild like their less resistant cousins. There is a conspiracy theory that MRSA was developed as a bioweapon and got accidentally released and is now everywhere, including public transportation.
KILLER BUG ON TRAINS AND BUSES
Contamination of Public Buses with MRSA in Lisbon, Portugal: A Possible Transmission Route of Major MRSA Clones within the Community

aguilaroja

...The study showed that bacteria exposed to both an antibiotic and one of the pesticides developed resistance up to 100,000 faster than when exposed to only the antibiotic. Since RoundUp is present in everything from tap water to commercially prepared/processed food, it is hard to imagine a case where a person prescribed antibiotics won't also be exposed to RoundUp for duration of the antibiotic treatment.
..."An important finding of the new study was that even in cases where the herbicides increase the toxicity of antibiotics they also significantly increased the rate of antibiotic resistance...."

Thank you. The Heinemann & Kurenbach group previously reported findings pointing toward similar concerns.
This work continues to enlarge the picture about the context of antibiotic resistance. Factors are posing dangers to overall metabolism, and widespread overuse of antibiotics, including for animals, continues. SSRI's are another environmental chemical contributing to reduced antibiotic effectiveness, as mentioned here:
SSRI Drugs Such As Prozac (fluoxetine) Cause Antibiotic Resistance

Herbicide ingredients change Salmonella enterica sv. Typhimurium and Escherichia coli antibiotic responses
"glyphosate, dicamba, and 2,4-D, as well as co-formulants in commercial herbicides, induced a change in susceptibility of the potentially pathogenic bacteria E. coli and S. enterica to multiple antibiotics."

"The efficiency of plating (EOP) was determined for each defined concentration of antibiotic and active ingredient). The EOP is the ratio of the titre (c.f.u. ml−1) of a culture on treatment plates to the titre (c.f.u. ml−1) on LB[the medium]....In most cases the addition of active ingredient led to an increase in survival shown by higher EOP measurements at higher concentrations of antibiotic."

"Antibiotic resistance is influenced by more factors than just exposure of bacteria to antibiotics. These other factors include manufactured products released into the environment....pure forms of dicamba, 2,4-D, and glyphosate, as well as common surfactants, can change the susceptibility of bacteria to a diverse range of antibiotics upon concurrent exposure. The inducing concentrations were well within the working concentrations of herbicides to which people, pets and farm animals may be exposed."

"Toxicity data for these co-formulants are not usually required by regulators, and residues of co-formulants left by herbicides are not monitored."

Sublethal Exposure to Commercial Formulations of the Herbicides Dicamba, 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid, and Glyphosate Cause Changes in Antibiotic Susceptibility in Escherichia coli and Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium
"susceptibility of bacteria to antibiotics can be changed upon simultaneous exposure to herbicides."
"...herbicide-induced antibiotic response was additive when chemicals that cause similar phenotypic changes were combined, e.g., Kamba and salicylic acid. This enlarges the range of potentially relevant human health or environmental exposures."

"Killing curves in the presence and absence of sublethal herbicide concentrations showed that the directions and the magnitudes of responses varied by herbicide, antibiotic, and species. When induced, MICs of antibiotics of five different classes changed up to 6-fold. In some cases the MIC increased, and in others it decreased. Herbicide concentrations needed to invoke the maximal response were above current food maximum residue levels but within application levels for all herbicides. Compounds that could cause induction had additive effects in combination."

Vinero

This is highly disturbing. These companies that produce this Glyphosphate might cause the dreaded post-antibiotic era, where people will die again from simple infections because antibiotics are ineffective. I seriously hope the government or medical world will realize how serious this is and step in and stop these companies from using this glyphospate.

tankasnowgod

Any time I hear "Antibiotic Resistance," I always think excess iron should be the first thing suspected. E.D. Weinberg stated at the beginning of his book "Exposing the hidden dangers of Iron" that a simple experiment done in the 1950's showed that iron could completely neutralize the effects of an antibiotic (he used tetracycline). None of the other elements or nutrients he tested at the time could do that.

Sativa

the dreaded post-antibiotic era, where people will die again from simple infections because antibiotics are ineffective.
Hang on, what about the 'god-mode' solutions like:
  • Iodine
  • Silver
  • Copper
  • Essential oils (eg coriander, cumin, eucalyptus, tea tree, basil, oregano, cinnamon, mandarin, peppermint, thyme)

Actives: Menthol, Carvacrol, Thymol, Eugenol, Cinnamaldehyde, Limonene

It was revealed that the combination of some particular oils produced synergism as a result of the combined activities of two or more constituents of essential oils. Because pathogens cannot easily acquire resistance to multiple components of two or more essential oils...
    ~Antimicrobial Activity of Some Essential Oils—Present Status and Future Perspectives

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I am reading Jon Rappoport's book "AIDS, Inc" on the potential causes of AIDS, outside of the HIV theory. One chapter is devoted to Antibiotic Overuse. In this chapter, he describes people who regularly took antibiotics as a "preventative," some for basically 10-15 years straight. There are lots of potential problems with a strategy like this. Of them..

1. Making some bacteria strains resistant.
2. Opportunities for more pathogenic infections, fungal infections being of note
3. Damage to host cells from the antibiotic itself (Peat even cautions about this in long term use)
4. Thinking it's protection against risky behavior, like indiscriminate sex.
5. Potentially helping to break down the immune system, in both direct and indirect ways

Like so many other things, it's probably not "one cause," but a series of causes. Occasional low doses of antibiotics probably have no real effect, and while there might be some concern with courses that last a few weeks, it's probably minimal. Serious long term continuous use is where issues start really popping up.

In the Rappoport book, the subjects he profiles usually take a host of other drugs (both street and pharmaceutical), and well as have lots of indiscriminate sex, and have had a laundry list of STDs, often times multiple cases of each one. Clearly, these people are getting less and less healthy over time, and I think that's a bigger factor than the direct effects of antibiotics themselves. If there are indeed antibiotic resistant strains (and other types of parasites) in these people, they are also being passed frequently between compromised individuals. It certainly becomes a vicious circle. Over time, even microbes generally thought to be completely benign or inert can start to cause serious, and even life threatening, conditions.

T

TheBeard

I am reading Jon Rappoport's book "AIDS, Inc" on the potential causes of AIDS, outside of the HIV theory. One chapter is devoted to Antibiotic Overuse. In this chapter, he describes people who regularly took antibiotics as a "preventative," some for basically 10-15 years straight. There are lots of potential problems with a strategy like this. Of them..

2. Opportunities for more pathogenic infections, fungal infections being of note
3. Damage to host cells from the antibiotic itself (Peat even cautions about this in long term use)
5. Potentially helping to break down the immune system, in both direct and indirect ways

Like so many other things, it's probably not "one cause," but a series of causes. Occasional low doses of antibiotics probably have no real effect, and while there might be some concern with courses that last a few weeks, it's probably minimal. Serious long term continuous use is where issues start really popping up.

In the Rappoport book, the subjects he profiles usually take a host of other drugs (both street and pharmaceutical), and well as have lots of indiscriminate sex, and have had a laundry list of STDs, often times multiple cases of each one. Clearly, these people are getting less and less healthy over time, and I think that's a bigger factor than the direct effects of antibiotics themselves. If there are indeed antibiotic resistant strains (and other types of parasites) in these people, they are also being passed frequently between compromised individuals. It certainly becomes a vicious circle. Over time, even microbes generally thought to be completely benign or inert can start to cause serious, and even life threatening, conditions.

I've always wondered indeed whether antibiotic resistance was only a hospital thing, with MSRA appearing mostly when patients are hospitalized for a non serious infection.

I am baffled at how well ox bile works as a gut antibiotic substance. I achieve the same endotoxin reduction with 2 grams ox bile a day as when I am on azithromycin and augmentin.

T

TheBeard

That's a bummer if true, as I plan on jumping back on Augmentin and Azithromycin for a few "cycles".
The endotoxin reduction I get from those is amazing, I feel strong, energetic, with libido. I'm alive again.

I trully hope they are mistaken on the long term sides of antibiotics, and hope that the endotoxin reduction they bring would cancel out the ill-effects, if any.

I would suspect people with "AIDS" to be harsher drug users than just antibiotics. Most STDs are a sign of drug abuse such as cocaine, poppers, heroin.

Are antibiotics notorious for attacking the host cells in addition to the bacteria?

tankasnowgod

That's a bummer if true, as I plan on jumping back on Augmentin and Azithromycin for a few "cycles".
The endotoxin reduction I get from those is amazing, I feel strong, energetic, with libido. I'm alive again.

I trully hope they are mistaken on the long term sides of antibiotics, and hope that the endotoxin reduction they bring would cancel out the ill-effects, if any.

I would suspect people with "AIDS" to be harsher drug users than just antibiotics. Most STDs are a sign of drug abuse such as cocaine, poppers, heroin.

Are antibiotics notorious for attacking the host cells in addition to the bacteria?

I don't think it's much of a concern with a normal cycle, that being usually a few weeks or so. Usually on longer courses (those lasting a few months for something like Lyme disease), the potential for fungal infections seems to be the biggest potential concern.

Even those concerns that Rappoport brought up were just one potential issue of many he brought up in the book. I thought most of the other causes were much bigger potential issues. Although drug interaction and the seriously long courses (measured in years or decades as opposed to days to weeks, or even months) could certainly be a concern for those patients with AIDS. Even with the issues, one of the most promising treatments in the early years was from Dr. Steven Caizzia, who thought AIDS was mostly hidden syphilis, and treated his patients with long terms courses of antibiotics, and had good bit of success.

Personally, I think Antibiotic resistance has a lot more to do with the health of the host (with my prime suspicion being high iron stores) than actual use of antibiotics. I still use antibiotics regularly myself, so I think the benefits greatly outweigh the potential issues.

T

TheBeard

I don't think it's much of a concern with a normal cycle, that being usually a few weeks or so. Usually on longer courses (those lasting a few months for something like Lyme disease), the potential for fungal infections seems to be the biggest potential concern.

Even those concerns that Rappoport brought up were just one potential issue of many he brought up in the book. I thought most of the other causes were much bigger potential issues. Although drug interaction and the seriously long courses (measured in years or decades as opposed to days to weeks, or even months) could certainly be a concern for those patients with AIDS. Even with the issues, one of the most promising treatments in the early years was from Dr. Steven Caizzia, who thought AIDS was mostly hidden syphilis, and treated his patients with long terms courses of antibiotics, and had good bit of success.

Personally, I think Antibiotic resistance has a lot more to do with the health of the host (with my prime suspicion being high iron stores) than actual use of antibiotics. I still use antibiotics regularly myself, so I think the benefits greatly outweigh the potential issues.

I'm going to do one last round of home made kefir from organic raw A2 milk, drink a gallon of it spread out on two days.

If that doesn't resolve my gut bloating (I look like a pregnant woman everyday despite being on a carnivore diet), I will come back to the dark side of the force with antibiotics again.

What antibiotics do you use?
At what frequency?
What are the benefits compared to when you're off them?

tankasnowgod

I'm going to do one last round of home made kefir from organic raw A2 milk, drink a gallon of it spread out on two days.

If that doesn't resolve my gut bloating (I look like a pregnant woman everyday despite being on a carnivore diet), I will come back to the dark side of the force with antibiotics again.

What antibiotics do you use?
At what frequency?
What are the benefits compared to when you're off them?

Personally, I have used Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Erythromycin, and Amoxicillin (both regular and with Potassium Clauvanate). I think they tend to be good to have on hand in general, even if you don't plan on taking them with any regularity. For example, I got bit by a dog a while ago. It barely broke the skin (it was through clothes), but since I had Doxy on hand, I took 100mg in the AM and PM for a week.

I seem now to take them maybe for a week or two once every three months or so. I usually notice an improvement in digestion and all the GI related stuff when taking them. I also generally get improved mood and energy, and feel lighter overall. I get similar improvements in mood and energy from donating blood, and also trying higher dose caffeine. That may sound weird at first, but I think it's all related to lower toxins in the blood, and therefore, better liver function (ABX should lower serotonin and endotoxin, donating blood lowers iron, FFAs, other debris and maybe some toxic chemicals that stay in the bloodstream, and caffeine is supposed to clean out the liver).

I also have activated charcoal, and flowers of sulfur. If doing a course like a week or so, I will probably use both at some point. AC to help clean up the gut, especially dead bacteria, and FOS as a mild antifungal (I think it has some antibiotic properties, too).

T

TheBeard

Personally, I have used Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Erythromycin, and Amoxicillin (both regular and with Potassium Clauvanate). I think they tend to be good to have on hand in general, even if you don't plan on taking them with any regularity. For example, I got bit by a dog a while ago. It barely broke the skin (it was through clothes), but since I had Doxy on hand, I took 100mg in the AM and PM for a week.

I seem now to take them maybe for a week or two once every three months or so. I usually notice an improvement in digestion and all the GI related stuff when taking them. I also generally get improved mood and energy, and feel lighter overall. I get similar improvements in mood and energy from donating blood, and also trying higher dose caffeine. That may sound weird at first, but I think it's all related to lower toxins in the blood, and therefore, better liver function (ABX should lower serotonin and endotoxin, donating blood lowers iron, FFAs, other debris and maybe some toxic chemicals that stay in the bloodstream, and caffeine is supposed to clean out the liver).

I also have activated charcoal, and flowers of sulfur. If doing a course like a week or so, I will probably use both at some point. AC to help clean up the gut, especially dead bacteria, and FOS as a mild antifungal (I think it has some antibiotic properties, too).

3 months sounds like the time ot takes for me to relapse, so a course of abx every quarter seems about right.

AdoTintor

am earlier in my journey having just completed my first cycle (20days mincylcine, 50mg in 2 doses).

So I dont even know what my relapse time is. But I do know that I am never going back, such are the effects.

If I stick to minocyline exclusively and later develop resistance can it be overcome with the others not used? Or in fact you are alternating them so that you don't develop resistance to one in first place??

tomisonbottom

Well, if you expose a bacteria to non-lethal levels of antibiotic for hundreds of generations, eventually it will become more resistant to it but I don't think full resistance will develop. There are some strains like MRSA that are resistant from the get go, but those are mutated forms that for some reason thrive in hospitals but cannot survive in the wild like their less resistant cousins. There is a conspiracy theory that MRSA was developed as a bioweapon and got accidentally released and is now everywhere, including public transportation.
KILLER BUG ON TRAINS AND BUSES
Contamination of Public Buses with MRSA in Lisbon, Portugal: A Possible Transmission Route of Major MRSA Clones within the Community

when you say hundreds of generations; are you referring to people or to the bacteria?