Anti-Work movement

Drareg

Anyone know more on this, there is a Reddit thread started in 2013, it sounds like a lot of people moaning about menial jobs, I think it’s a left leaning movement, I get the argument about menial jobs and how soul destroying it is.

The thing I’m noticing is the ruling class media outlets seem to be pumping this, I’m curious if they are framing this to justify the UBI, essentially hijacking another left leaning movement like the green new deal, the ruling class fascists perform the old bait and switch, no more work if you subscribe to our neo-feudal system, they need a social contract hence the bait and switch.

It seems they no longer want constant growth but de-growth so they have monopolized all energetic resources like food,water,shelter and electricity, with the wealth transfer they have acquired since 2008 they have all the money to buy everything, they longer want competition, they want to rule.

Anyone familiar with it?

Jon2547

Anyone know more on this, there is a Reddit thread started in 2013, it sounds like a lot of people moaning about menial jobs, I think it’s a left leaning movement, I get the argument about menial jobs and how soul destroying it is.

The thing I’m noticing is the ruling class media outlets seem to be pumping this, I’m curious if they are framing this to justify the UBI, essentially hijacking another left leaning movement like the green new deal, the ruling class fascists perform the old bait and switch, no more work if you subscribe to our neo-feudal system, they need a social contract hence the bait and switch.

It seems they no longer want constant growth but de-growth so they have monopolized all energetic resources like food,water,shelter and electricity, with the wealth transfer they have acquired since 2008 they have all the money to buy everything, they longer want competition, they want to rule.

Anyone familiar with it?
All I know is that most work is create-work. It has no real value and most folks are seeing that. The real value in this life is family. But when true family is not allowed then there is not any thing to look forward to. Biblical family and worshipping God is all that is real. The rest is meaningless.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

All I know is that most work is create-work. It has no real value and most folks are seeing that. The real value in this life is family. But when true family is not allowed then there is not any thing to look forward to. Biblical family and worshipping God is all that is real. The rest is meaningless.
I think many people are starting to release this, a family, home, water and food, maybe a farm is a far better life, life is short and we are dragged left and right by the ruling class in their lifeless depraved system.

OccamzRazer

Amen!!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
bbc uk GIF

JamesGatz

Yep I deifnitely agree - with all the stuff they push on normies they always tangle something they want in front of them so they accept whatever comes next to get it - I see so many people happily give up their freedoms in the future because they dont have to show up to the office 5 days a week anymore

Luann

my opinion:
*work* is not the problem, *jobs* are the problem.
Employees must remain in enforced sitting or standing positions, with uncomfortable footwear and clothing, interacting with either strangers or computers all day, with cramped time periods in which to eat, while being separated from the people they would prefer to be with and other work that they are eager to do.
It's animal abuse :)
I'm glad there is a movement against it. Props to anyone who has already said these things.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Some good videos on YouTube of people building their own homes and partially living off grid, they have farms also. the ambition is to be fully sustained and generate income from the farm, some folks had kids while doing this, it’s some life achievement IMO, great goal for a couple also.

OccamzRazer

Some good videos on YouTube of people building their own homes and partially living off grid, they have farms also. the ambition is to be fully sustained and generate income from the farm, some folks had kids while doing this, it’s some life achievement IMO, great goal for a couple also.
In the process of doing this right now!

and, prior to building one's dream home, a variety of semi-permanent structures can be used to live in:

- Yurts
- Domes
- Rooftop tents
- Yomes (yurt+dome hybrid)
- Four season tents w/ stoves
- Converted school busses (skoolies)

Rafe

This could make the average worker a little cynical:

On the bright side, I’ve been looking at hunting camp properties. The ones I see have a small cabin, a privy, a wood stove, & a lot of beds. But they look like you have to buy them cash. But they are very cheap.

I’ve looked at scout camps for sale too. Since the Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy they are liquidating their camp properties. Some of them are over 1000 acres, but not all of them.

That would be a simple way to have the ready made infrastructure for a small, rustic community. They have commercial kitchens, a dining hall, sometimes a gymnasium, shower houses, & often a pond, sometimes a main house that was for a caretaker. At 750kUS$ or so it might work to get several households or people together to come up with the money & get an attorney to figure out a co-op or partnership to own it.

Just search “scout camps for sale” & you’ll get a lot of returns.

Quelsatron

The 8 hour work day is a huge problem, it barely leaves time for anything else. It's a grind to get through five days just to get to wake up twice without having to be somewhere. 30 hour work weeks are needed. And my job is pretty swell, I can't imagine how much worse it is when you live further away and have to work longer with more stress and worse coworkers.

I'll leave with an aphorism of nietzsche:

Those who commend work. - In the glorification of 'work', in the unwearied talk of the 'blessing of work', I see the same covert idea as in the praise of useful impersonal actions: that of fear of everything individual. Fundamentally, one now feels at the sight of work - one always means by work that hard industriousness from early till late - that such work is the best policeman, that it keeps everyone in bounds and can mightily hinder the development of reason, covetousness, desire for independence. For it uses up an extraordinary amount of nervous energy, which is thus denied to reflection, brooding, dreaming, worrying, loving, hating; it sets a small goal always in sight and guarantees easy and regular satisfactions. Thus a society in which there is continual hard work will have more security: and security is now worshipped as the supreme divinity. - And now! Horror! Precisely the 'worker' has become dangerous! The place is swarming with 'dangerous individuals'! And behind them the danger of dangers - the individual!

Sefton10

This is a good read

UBI seems inevitable to me. As the article says, dependence = submission.

Dear God deliver us from nonsense bureaucracy. Let us focus more on our immediate everyday reality, community etc instead of freaking out about too big picture stuff. Let us live in brotherly love with common sense, respect and trust. Give us the wisdom to remain in solitude when needed and gather for council when needed. Give a voice to those who haven't been heard enough and silence those who have been heard too much. Give us back our natural right for housing, for growing our own food and for providing products/services for others with dignity and independence without the bureaucrats micromanaging every damn aspect of it. Thanks.

Congrats! I'm dreaming of having my own tiny earthen house or a log cabin some day. Would be super cool and grounding to be in that cycle of eating from the earth and putting my own compost straight back to the earth for producing more food and other herbs, instead of huge infrastructure transporting my crap for miles and miles lol. I think we all need to be more involved in this natural cycle for our spirituality, sanity and for general survival of life on earth.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

and, prior to building one's dream home, a variety of semi-permanent structures can be used to live in:

- Yurts
- Domes
- Rooftop tents
- Yomes (yurt+dome hybrid)
- Four season tents w/ stoves
- Converted school busses (skoolies)
Sounds good, one couple lived in an RV with 3 kids.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

UBI and you can work zero hour contracts for a pittance on your time, so independent, the sovereign individual is how it will be marketed.

Back
Top Bottom