Anti-serotonin stack for more energy and well-being

Hans

Most of us are looking for ways to lower serotonin, however, it can be quite difficult to get the right ingredients so to speak.
Instead of looking for a patch that just antagonizes serotonin (although those can be lifesaving short term), rather use a stack that directly lowers serotonin synthesis. Address the root cause.

Nomane Euger

Not sure which brands you have available. But I'm sure any pure organic brand will do. Perhaps someone else can chime in with a good brand.
is the manganese contain of maple syrup stable independtly of the sources?i for sure lake manganese and i would like to use it as a source of manganese,i live in France

Very helpful. Thank you, @Hans.

What do you think of epsom salt baths as a source of magnesium? Are they enough to replenish magnesium stores for someone who doesn't tolerate oral magnesium supplements?

mostlylurking

Most of us are looking for ways to lower serotonin, however, it can be quite difficult to get the right ingredients so to speak.
Instead of looking for a patch that just antagonizes serotonin (although those can be lifesaving short term), rather use a stack that directly lowers serotonin synthesis. Address the root cause.

Thank you so much for this! I have a question: I'm 71, got slammed with a thiamine deficiency the past several months and I am working to recover. I am now able to do some exercise without being overwhelmed with lactic acid the next day. I had blood work last month; my creatinine tested out of range, low: .57, range .60-.93. I assume that the reason is muscle wasting from being incapacitated from the thiamine deficiency. I packed on 20 pounds in a couple of months just sitting and eating my regular Peaty diet and not very much of that. I think everything I ate went straight to fat storage (it sure didn't go to ATP). Would the creatine supplement be a good thing for me to add? Thanks again for the article. I've emailed a link to friends.

Hans

is the manganese contain of maple syrup stable independtly of the sources?i for sure lake manganese and i would like to use it as a source of manganese,i live in France
Manganese content might vary depending on where it's harvested and the soil content of that mineral, but most sources of maple syrup should still be a good source of manganese.

Hans

Very helpful. Thank you, @Hans.

What do you think of epsom salt baths as a source of magnesium? Are they enough to replenish magnesium stores for someone who doesn't tolerate oral magnesium supplements?
Sure thing. People also get results from Magnoil for Idealabs and topical magnesium chloride.

Hans

Thank you so much for this! I have a question: I'm 71, got slammed with a thiamine deficiency the past several months and I am working to recover. I am now able to do some exercise without being overwhelmed with lactic acid the next day. I had blood work last month; my creatinine tested out of range, low: .57, range .60-.93. I assume that the reason is muscle wasting from being incapacitated from the thiamine deficiency. I packed on 20 pounds in a couple of months just sitting and eating my regular Peaty diet and not very much of that. I think everything I ate went straight to fat storage (it sure didn't go to ATP). Would the creatine supplement be a good thing for me to add? Thanks again for the article. I've emailed a link to friends.
Thanks for sharing the article. :)
I glad you hear you're recovering. How much protein do you eat per day? Did you have a look at your other kidney markers as well?

mostlylurking

Thanks for sharing the article. :)
I glad you hear you're recovering. How much protein do you eat per day? Did you have a look at your other kidney markers as well?
I experienced an extended bacterial infection UTI last summer that backed up to my kidney. The urologist was not trustworthy. He did no labwork (other than the culture to prove the infection). He gave me Augmentin which cleared the infection. I declined the "kidney scope" and we parted ways. The infection has been clear for 4 months and I have no UTI symptoms. MRI and ultrasound in September showed "minimal" hydronephrosis. I chose to follow my gut and the Mayo Clinic's on line information and am giving it time to resolve on its own.

My endocrinologist did recent blood work but didn't really go over it with me due to the plague terror.

The results from the lab tests done 12/18/2020:
BUN: 19, range 7-25
creatinine: .57 (low), range .60-.93
eGFR non-afr. americian: 93, range >or=60
eGFR African American: 108, range >or=60
BUN/creatinine ratio: 33H, range 6-22

Besides the out of range creatinine, the only other thing on the labwork that is out of range is my red blood cell count:
red blood cell count: 5.58 high, range 3.8-5.1
hemoglobin: 16.1 high, range 11.7-15.5
hematocrit: 47.3 high, range 35-45
These showed the same as above on the prior labwork,done end of November 2020 so my endo noted they are "stable but high".

I usually manage to get at least 90 grams of protein daily, sometimes a little more. I'm 71 and sedentary. I've had a thiamine deficiency and nutrient absorption problem for several months caused by the antibiotic. I put on 20 pounds of fat, August - September. I've eaten the same Peaty diet for 6 years; had actually lost 10 pounds on it. Protein is from dairy and gelatin mainly; very little muscle meat. I do eat liver once a week and shellfish once a week.

If supplementing with creatine will stress my kidney, I don't think I want to try it. What do you think?

Last edited:

Hans

I added theanine to the mix as it's great for lowering overall brain serotonin.
Theacrine is also great as it helps to increase dopamine and brain glucose oxidation and lower serotonin in a stressed brain.