Anti Serotonin Guide (Lifestyle/ Diet)

OP
J

jaywills

I have started supplementing 1g of Lysine (in pill form) split into two doses.

I have experienced a dramatic decrease in stress; specifically anxiety and getting worked up, my mind feels more at ease. Simultaneously, however, a dramatic increase in fatigue/lethargy has come on. I suppose these two go in hand in hand, and as my stress is reducing my true state is coming to the fore - one that is tired and needs rest.

Has anybody else experienced this from Lysine? Is this a positive sign?

Sativa

I have started supplementing 1g of Lysine (in pill form) split into two doses.

I have experienced a dramatic decrease in stress; specifically anxiety and getting worked up, my mind feels more at ease. Simultaneously, however, a dramatic increase in fatigue/lethargy has come on. I suppose these two go in hand in hand, and as my stress is reducing my true state is coming to the fore - one that is tired and needs rest.

Has anybody else experienced this from Lysine? Is this a positive sign?

L-Lysine acts like a partial serotonin receptor 4 antagonist and inhibits serotonin-mediated intestinal pathologies and anxiety in rats PNAS 100: 15370-15375. 2003."The purpose of this investigation was to determine whether a nutritionally essential amino acid, L-lysine, acts like a serotonin receptor 4 (5-HT4) antagonist... Orally applied L-lysine (1 g/kg of body weight) inhibited (P < 0.12) diarrhea triggered by coadministration of restraint stress and 5-hydroxytryptophane (10 mg/kg of body weight), and significantly blocked anxiety induced by the 5-HT4 receptor agonist (3.0 mmol/liter) in rats in vivo. ...An increase in nutritional load of L-lysine might be a useful tool in treating stress-induced anxiety and 5-HT-related diarrhea-type intestinal dysfunctions."