Anti-Pufa lotion for skin

kYgirl

Does anyone have a suggestion for a lotion that is Peat-friendly? When I try to find one on ewg.org that is considered non-toxic, they almost always have oils of some kind that are not Peat-friendly. Considering that skin cancer may come from pufa's in lotions being baked into the skin by the sun, I want to avoid those. It seems almost impossible to find something that has non-toxic, non-pufa ingredients.

mostlylurking

Does anyone have a suggestion for a lotion that is Peat-friendly? When I try to find one on ewg.org that is considered non-toxic, they almost always have oils of some kind that are not Peat-friendly. Considering that skin cancer may come from pufa's in lotions being baked into the skin by the sun, I want to avoid those. It seems almost impossible to find something that has non-toxic, non-pufa ingredients.
50% hydrogenated coconut oil + 50% lanolin.

OP
K

kYgirl

I use coconut oil which you would think would be very moisturizing. But my skin just soaks it in and goes back to being dry. Maybe lanolin with it will do the trick.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Anecdote from my childhood: we had a little family farm with sheep. Every spring I would help my father shear the sheep. Each day at dinner he would remark how the lanolin in the sheep wool would make his farmer hands feel like baby skin!

OP
K

kYgirl

Anecdote from my childhood: we had a little family farm with sheep. Every spring I would help my father shear the sheep. Each day at dinner he would remark how the lanolin in the sheep wool would make his farmer hands feel like baby skin!
Good to know

mostlylurking

I use coconut oil which you would think would be very moisturizing. But my skin just soaks it in and goes back to being dry. Maybe lanolin with it will do the trick.
Try 50/50 with lanolin. I use that on my hands and feet; my husband also uses it on his face. It's a little thick for my face so I just use the hydrogenated coconut oil (aka 92 degree coconut oil). I've found that it works better on my face than regular coconut oil. The regular stuff makes my skin itch in the winter. I also cook with hydrogenated coconut oil (zero pufa).
links: Coconut Oil (92 degree)

mostlylurking

That's a great story! My husband loves the 50/50 mix as it soaks in much faster than straight lanolin. He's outside working all day repairing things like tractors etc. His hands take a beating.

OP
K

kYgirl

Try 50/50 with lanolin. I use that on my hands and feet; my husband also uses it on his face. It's a little thick for my face so I just use the hydrogenated coconut oil (aka 92 degree coconut oil). I've found that it works better on my face than regular coconut oil. The regular stuff makes my skin itch in the winter. I also cook with hydrogenated coconut oil (zero pufa).
links: Coconut Oil (92 degree)
Appreciate your help!

FrostedShores

Supposedly, jojoba oil most closely resembles the sebum our skin naturally produces. If I recall correctly, its fatty acid composition is similar to olive oil, so mostly monounsaturated fats. Ray Peat mentioned it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

A high-quality vitamin E oil is also great for the skin. Just make sure it's pure and doesn't have a bunch of other oils added.

Coconut oil never worked for me. It just sits on top of my skin and I wind up with lots of rough, dry spots. Here's a good article that breaks down why coconut oil isn't great for the skin:

4 Reasons Why Coconut Oil Is Bad For Your Skin

Peachy

I use alcohol-free unscented witch hazel to balance skin ph after washing. For moisturizer, I love Squalane oil. I use it for gua sha too.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Bought both the Kossma and Saturee products both are great and the Saturee face lotion and body lotion are the best i have found.

golder

Same. I'm curious if this will work as an effective sunscreen. I live very near the equator so going to give it a try today.
I’ve not tried actually. Could you let us know how you get on and how protective it was?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals