Anti-Peat Bible Quote

boris

Not much has changed.

myplate_white_grains-1.jpg

Remember the pyramid before this?
food-pyramid-grains-eliminated.jpg

The bible has good messages, but it was (probably) used to control people, too.

Last edited:

tara

The One giving peace in your territory, With the fat of wheat He is satisfying you
I'm no biblical scholar, and I don't know the context. But my first interpretation of this was along these lines of:
Helping people get their basic needs (for food) met is good for peace.

When there has been scarcity or famine or people have been kept in food poverty, being given wheat is a big improvement.

Gone Peating

I'm no biblical scholar, and I don't know the context. But my first interpretation of this was along these lines of:
Helping people get their basic needs (for food) met is good for peace.

When there has been scarcity or famine or people have been kept in food poverty, being given wheat is a big improvement.

Also the bread they made was definitely higher quality than what we get in the supermarkets

boris

Right, who knows the wheat probably was very different too. With traditional methods like fermentation or nixtamalization it could have been even nutritionally good.

The "fat" part could be an inaccurate translation since there isn't even much fat in the endproduct.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think fat historically signified abundance both literally and figuratively.

LucyL

Right, who knows the wheat probably was very different too. With traditional methods like fermentation or nixtamalization it could have been even nutritionally good.

The "fat" part could be an inaccurate translation since there isn't even much fat in the endproduct.

ESV and NIV (both pretty decent translations) use the word "finest" as in "He grants peace to your borders and satisfies you with the finest of wheat." (NIV)

This reminds me of a story, perhaps apocryphal, about an email exchange Peat once had with a young man.

Aymen

+1

Sunny Jack

Well, wheat fat is overwhelmingly polyunsaturated, and as such I cannot square this reality with a loving God. I suppose it is the problem of theodicy as applied to foodstuffs.

This reminds me of a story, perhaps apocryphal, about an email exchange Peat once had with a young man.

A man emailed Peat and asked, "Dr. Peat, what protocol must I follow to gain eternal youth?"
"Why do you ask me for a protocol?" Peat replied, "Authoritarians talk about protocols. If you want to maintain youthfulness, eat to raise metabolism".
"How can I do that?" the man enquired.
Peat replied, "Do not eat the polyunsaturated fats, ensure a 1:1 calcium to phosphorous ratio, get 80-100g protein per day, and measure your body temperature and pulse rate".
"All these I already do" the young man said. "What do I still lack?"
Peat answered, "If you want to be perfect, remove all starch from your diet".
And the young man went away sad, for he loved potatoes.

Broken man

A man emailed Peat and asked, "Dr. Peat, what protocol must I follow to gain eternal youth?"
"Why do you ask me for a protocol?" Peat replied, "Authoritarians talk about protocols. If you want to maintain youthfulness, eat to raise metabolism".
Peat replied, "Do not eat the polyunsaturated fats, ensure a 1:1 calcium to phosphorous ratio, get 80-100g protein per day, and measure your body temperature and pulse rate".
Potatoes Are the best .....

lampofred

Well, wheat fat is overwhelmingly polyunsaturated, and as such I cannot square this reality with a loving God. I suppose it is the problem of theodicy as applied to foodstuffs.

Lol so maybe the purpose of the Holy Spirit is biohydrogenation.

Last edited:

postman

It doesn't say fat in the KJV. Here is the full context.

147 Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

2 The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.

3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

6 The Lord lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.

7 Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:

8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.

9 He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.

10 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.

11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

12 Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Zion.

13 For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee.

14 He maketh peace in thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of the wheat.

15 He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth: his word runneth very swiftly.

16 He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes.

17 He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?

18 He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.

19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.

Lol

Gone Peating

Yes I use the Orthodox Study Bible, it says “He who grants your borders peace, and fills you with the finest of wheat”

CrystalClear

Some translators think it is sacrilege to translate a word anything but literally. It's definitely figurative in this verse. Think "fat of the land".

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Some translators think it is sacrilege to translate a word anything but literally. It's definitely figurative in this verse. Think "fat of the land".
That’s what I was thinking too. A concordance might be helpful here as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals