Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fungal Carrot Salad 2.0

The benefits of the Raw Carrot salad are frequently mentioned from the big man himself and across the RP Community. Just to name a few: Functional PS, Danny Roddy, RP Forum.

It's a great and versatile Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fungal and Anti-Septic tool to add to our arsenal.

This is especially true if we have compromised digestion or are experiencing symptoms of fungal growth.

Nonetheless, we've been experimenting with the traditional carrot salad (Rinsed and Grated Carrot, Vinegar, Coconut Oil) and have made some welcome additions following on from Dr Peat's recent research, and valuable contributions from @natedawggh's informative blog and insights from his latest post: The Cure For Metabolic Disease.

We also threw in some of our own research for good measure.

The New and Improved Carrot Salad 2.0

• 1/2 large grated carrots (cheese grater/ or potato peeler are ideal)
  • 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
  • 14ml of Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 250g Boiled White Button Mushrooms (15-20 minutes cooking time)
  • Finely Chopped Horseradish (10-grams)
  • 2/3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
  • 1-2 Raw Onions.
  • Salt (teaspoon)
  • & if you can stomach it, grated ginger.
The more gloves of garlic/horseradish added, the more potent the salad becomes.

WARNING: This salad is likely to make you smell; we advise eating on weekends or days away from human contact.

Special thanks to forum members: @charlie, @natedawggh , @raypeatclips who are mentioned in this post.

References:

Anti-bacterial action of onion (Allium cepa L.) extracts against oral pathogenic bacteria.

The antimicrobial activity of garlic and onion extracts.

An overview of the antifungal properties of allicin and its breakdown products--the possibility of a safe and effective antifungal prophylactic.

Extracts from the history and medical properties of garlic

Factors Affecting Antifungal Activity of Onion Extractives Against Aflatoxin-Producing Fungi

Nutritional and Therapeutic Potential of Garlic and Onion

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Great work! Looking forward to trying it out.

:hattip

Amazoniac

Thanks. I know it's tempting to increase potency but it's more about consistency.
It doesn't seem like it would taste good, it's hard to improve digestion this way. I'm not sure how Ray came up with his idea, but it was probably based on a feeling of well-being after eating it, and it's hard to concile what's makes you good with what's unpalatable.

Spreading those antimicrobials throughout the week is best in my opinion.
The traditional carrot salad, and to give it a break some mushrooms with garlic and onions. How bout dat?

What is the preparation time?

Amazoniac

It's a lost battle to try to pile up antimicrobials until you get rid of the gut issue. It rarely works.
Like it was mentioned before, it works when you have a specific problem, such as tropical parasite that you contracted when traveling. Chronic infections are developmental, as Ray often comments.
The whole point of carrots is not so much to poison microbes, but to scrape and carry waste along, in the mean time not supporting growth. Its antimicrobials properties are also related to eliminating decomposing residue.

I can be wrong though.

Amazoniac

If people cared to study "Human nature: decoded" in depth, they would know the famous line: "Unconstipate your way to health".

Regarding constipation and developmental processes, if foods rot during digestion, it's because they were allowed to do so, or even expected to do so considering that the circumnstances were only supportive for lower life organizations at the expense of higher and more complex.
The raven observation by Élie of a good and often owalooked case:
Principles Of Human Physiology (1920)

By the way, Ray has incorporated many aspects of Élie's perspectives. Some examples from
Principles Of Human Physiology (1920)

upload_2017-6-9_17-8-46.png

--
upload_2017-6-9_16-58-50.png

upload_2017-6-9_16-59-57.png

upload_2017-6-9_17-1-4.png

upload_2017-6-9_17-1-59.png

Last edited:

Dobbler

Im gonna try following "Endotoxin Salad" for atleast a week for my never ending bloating and pain, both physically and mentally.

2 raw carrots (eaten first)
2 raw garlic gloves (eaten second because if eaten first the pain would be too much)
1 tablespoon of CO (to ease the possible damage)

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/01/...ntibiotics-working-in-a-fraction-of-the-time/
Raw garlic is 100 more times effective than antibiotics

Garlic vs. Antibiotics: Which Comes Out On Top?
Raw garlic wins

Garlic vs. Penicillin
Raw garlic wins and is much more safe

If guys like Danny Roddy fixed their gut with penicillin, and raw garlic is more effective proven, i think its worth a shot.

EIRE24

Wow, this may Ben potent enough to clear the gut problems I think may exist within my gut. Definitely going to give this a try!

Herbie

I always read it as Function alps and imagined it was situated in a mountainous alpine region. :eek:

RMJ

doesn't garlic has a lot of fructans which would feed the bacteria?

oh and maybe add some cinnamon powder (antifungal)

Last edited:

Dobbler

doesn't garlic has a lot of fructans which would feed the bacteria?

oh and maybe add some cinnamon powder (antifungal)
I dont see why fructans would feed bacteria any more than fruit fiber or lactose, and few garlic gloves weights probably 10g max ..

RMJ

aren't fructans extremely easy to digest for bacteria? ... just like resistant starch

Amazoniac

When searching for "bacteria radioactive waste" it's possible to realize how Westside is right once again. It's about keeping the flow of the intestines and the vigor that accompanies it, not so much pounding antimicrobials in attempt to fix the problem directly, to solely focus on the latter is usually a lost battle. It's more about consistency on what works.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...ts_of_raw_and_processed_carrots_in_humans.pdf

"carrot fibre fermentation may be estimated from differences in the amount of fibre intake and excretion between the carrot-containing diets and the corresponding control diets. According to this calculation, fibres from the different carrots were fermented equally and rather completely (91-94 %). The higher proportion of insoluble fibre components in the raw and raw frozen carrots compared with the blanched and canned carrots, and also the more intact cell walls which could be observed microscopically, did not protect them from extensive degradation. The most resistant saccharides were glucose, representing mainly cellulose, and rhamnose, representing the resistant core regions of the carrot pectins."

"Faecal bulking capacity of carrot fibre was comparable with the effects of other vegetables (Wisker & Feldheim, 1990) and of finely ground cereal brans (Wisker et al. 1986, 1992), although the carrot fibre was fermented to a higher degree. The increase in stool weight was due to an elevated output both of dry matter and of water. The percentage of faecal water increased with the raw frozen and blanched carrots from the 1988 harvest and with the raw carrots harvested in 1990. This was probably caused by reduced transit times, because under these conditions there might have been less time for water reabsorption (Cummings, 1986). However, transit times were not measured in this study. The higher excretion of faecal N during the consumption of the different carrots may reflect an increase in microbial mass due to the fermentation of the carrot fibre (Stephen & Cummings, 1980b)."

"Our investigations in humans have shown that dietary fibres in carrots are highly fermentable and yet have good stool-bulking ability, comparable to finely milled cereal brans. In spite of appreciable effects of processing, especially of blanching and canning, on the distribution of soluble and insoluble fibre and on texture and microscopic structure of carrots, the physiological effects of these raw or different processed carrots were very similar."​

Peatarian Reviews: The daily raw carrot is not antiseptic, it increases bacterial growth in the gut
By no means I am suggesting that eating the carrot is bad for you just because it favors microbial growth. The effect probably depends on how your microbiome reacts.

@Elephanto - good posts, by the way.

Ideonaut

Im gonna try following "Endotoxin Salad" for atleast a week for my never ending bloating and pain, both physically and mentally.

2 raw carrots (eaten first)
2 raw garlic gloves (eaten second because if eaten first the pain would be too much)
1 tablespoon of CO (to ease the possible damage)

Garlic Proven 100 Times More Effective Than Antibiotics, Working In A Fraction of The Time - Waking Times
Raw garlic is 100 more times effective than antibiotics

Garlic vs. Antibiotics: Which Comes Out On Top?
Raw garlic wins

I remember "the People's Chemist"--Shane Ellison--recommended garlic + kalmegh (andrographis) instead of antibiotics.

Garlic vs. Penicillin
Raw garlic wins and is much more safe

If guys like Danny Roddy fixed their gut with penicillin, and raw garlic is more effective proven, i think its worth a shot.
"the People's Chemist"--Shane Ellison--recommended the combination garlic + kalmegh (andrographis) instead of antibiotics.