Anti-gas Pills, Good to Take

Kris

I do not like having gas. I am not bloated or something, but there seems to be too much fermentation going on in my gut. A friend of mine, got recently any-gas pills, which here are readily available even in 7/11. And it worked for her. I don't know what are the ingredients, as it is in Thai. My question is if pills like that are harmful in anyway?

Ben.

My mother used to have alot of gas and acid reflux. A probiotic product that did not work good for me at all did wonders for her (funny how different people are). Gas reduced significantly and her acid reflux was gone. She only used the bottle i gave her and finished it. Haven't heard of issues from her since then.

The pills you are talking about sound like a supressor, not sure if that is a good idea.
I guess gas comes from a microbiome dysbiosis or food that you are not digesting properly?

OP
K

Kris

My mother used to have alot of gas and acid reflux. A probiotic product that did not work good for me at all did wonders for her (funny how different people are). Gas reduced significantly and her acid reflux was gone. She only used the bottle i gave her and finished it. Haven't heard of issues from her since then.

The pills you are talking about sound like a supressor, not sure if that is a good idea.
I guess gas comes from a microbiome dysbiosis or food that you are not digesting properly?

i don't really know. it is not a serious issue, but i just don't like it. it take all the stuff to get rid of SIBO, which I am not even sure if I have. could it be that the excessive fermentation is taking place in Colon itself? And I try different diets. Perhaps I need to experiments more with different foods.

Ben.

i don't really know. it is not a serious issue, but i just don't like it. it take all the stuff to get rid of SIBO, which I am not even sure if I have. could it be that the excessive fermentation is taking place in Colon itself? And I try different diets. Perhaps I need to experiments more with different foods.

Well if you constantly nuke your gut to get rid of sibo you might cause problems with that on its own by ridding yourself of bacteria that you need. But im just speculating. I've no idea ofcourse whats happening in your body.

OP
K

Kris

Well if you constantly nuke your gut to get rid of sibo you might cause problems with that on its own by ridding yourself of bacteria that you need. But im just speculating. I've no idea ofcourse whats happening in your body.

you do not need bacteria in small intenstines.

Ben.

you do not need bacteria in small intenstines.

you believe that die off doesn't cause issues? You think this stuff does not travel further into the digestive track? You think these harsh things like garlic, turpentine etc. do not cause irritation/damage to the lining of your gut and or intestine? You think chemicals in them can or do not influence your digestive system or organs/hormones? This ***t is complex my friend.

All i can say is that liver flushes and antimicrobials, while helpful at first, only cause a faulty digestion for me now. Not saying you shoudn't do it but to listen carefully to what your body says.

ursidae

In my experience I get gas if I eat starch and don’t make sure chew thoroughly and salivate. Also adding low pH condiments to the starch such as lemon, tomato sauce and vinegar has been a problem. Salivary amylase is active at a pH around 7
Sometimes I get gas when I have a meal that contains too many different foods.
I don’t often consume reheated starch but whenever I do it doesn’t digest as well as fresh cooked

OP
K

Kris

In my experience I get gas if I eat starch and don’t make sure chew thoroughly and salivate. Also adding low pH condiments to the starch such as lemon, tomato sauce and vinegar has been a problem. Salivary amylase is active at a pH around 7
Sometimes I get gas when I have a meal that contains too many different foods.
I don’t often consume reheated starch but whenever I do it doesn’t digest as well as fresh cooked

basically know one knows. there are just different theories, and nothing is absolute here. maybe flatulence is just something natural. or possible, not mixing food. you eat meat, just eat meat. you eat potato, just eat potato with some fat probably ok. you eat fruits, eat only fruits. when it get digested, then you can have another meal. i am just speculating here.

Last edited:

ursidae

Oh and having low gut motility causes me gas too. low acetylcholine can decrease peristalsis, saliva secretion, gastric acid secretion. If one has SIBO idk if its wise to throw yolks at it

Last edited: