Anti-EMF Pendants

southcesar

my bed is made of reinforced iron, should I be worried or can I make it any less worse?

Dr. B

my bed is made of reinforced iron, should I be worried or can I make it any less worse?
are you worried of absorbing some? not sure how much you'd absorb from sleeping on it, but you could reduce dietary iron

Ben.

are you worried of absorbing some? not sure how much you'd absorb from sleeping on it, but you could reduce dietary iron

I dont think he has direct skin contact, since the thread is about EMF i assume he means the problem with metal amplifieng present EMF.

From this article (i do not take responsibility for the validity of this):

In the U.S. bed frames and box springs are made of metal, and the length of a bed is exactly half the wavelength of FM and TV transmissions that have been broadcasting since the late 1940s. In Japan most beds are not made of metal, and the TV broadcast system does not use the 87- to 108-megahertz frequency used in Western countries.

Thus, as we sleep on our coil-spring mattresses, we are in effect sleeping on an antenna that amplifies the intensity of the broadcast FM/TV radiation. Asleep on these antennas, our bodies are exposed to the amplified electromagnetic radiation for a third of our life spans. As we slumber on a metal coil-spring mattress, a wave of electromagnetic radiation envelops our bodies so that the maximum strength of the field develops 75 centimeters above the mattress in the middle of our bodies. When sleeping on the right side, the body's left side will thereby be exposed to field strength about twice as strong as what the right side absorbs.

If this study is correct, the solution is simple: Replace the metal in our beds with a nonmetallic mattress or orient your bed, like an antenna, away from the direction of the local FM/TV transmission tower. Call it high-tech feng shui if you like, but if this new study has not identified the cause of left-side cancer, it will, for some, be the cause of insomnia.

I've been thinking for a while now about buying a tatami mat and just sleep on that.

74one

I dont think he has direct skin contact, since the thread is about EMF i assume he means the problem with metal amplifieng present EMF.

From this article (i do not take responsibility for the validity of this):

I've been thinking for a while now about buying a tatami mat and just sleep on that.
The article you are referring to is so wrong on so many levels that I do not even know where to begin. It is written by a medical professor but he is definitely has no clue about RF waives distribution and antennas. The half waive frequency that correspond to the bed length equals 83kHz which is over 1000 times lower broadcast frequencies, antenna has to be designed to work as intended and resonate on specific frequencies, there are thousand radio waives different frequencies around us and when they interact with metal frame they will interfere and cancel each other out

RealNeat

I saw that and it is what prompted me to buy it. But unfortunately that is not what happened to me. Perhaps I was sent a defective product. It did not appear to be defective. And the gentleman on the phone with customer service as much as said that it will not completely block out all signals.
Did you make direct contact with the phone to the tent? It can amplify its ability to receive and send without any faraday effect if that is the case. When I use faradays for multiple reasons and applications I always avoid direct contact with the cage. Also was it grounded? Most faraday products should be grounded.

Dr. B

Did you make direct contact with the phone to the tent? It can amplify its ability to receive and send without any faraday effect if that is the case. When I use faradays for multiple reasons and applications I always avoid direct contact with the cage. Also was it grounded? Most faraday products should be grounded.
can you ground it on the carpet, or what do you mean by grounded
i heard of another silver cage, it was more expensive than the mercola one , price was like $1500... is it worth getting?
Peat said something about them not smelling good... that may have been a high altitude tent though...
whats your thoughts on high altitude tents...

Ben.

The article you are referring to is so wrong on so many levels that I do not even know where to begin. It is written by a medical professor but he is definitely has no clue about RF waives distribution and antennas. The half waive frequency that correspond to the bed length equals 83kHz which is over 1000 times lower broadcast frequencies, antenna has to be designed to work as intended and resonate on specific frequencies, there are thousand radio waives different frequencies around us and when they interact with metal frame they will interfere and cancel each other out

Good to know thanks, i just wanted to adress what seemed to me to be a missunderstanding with the iron bed. (i dont think someone is sleeping bareskin on it with direct contact)

What would your recommendation be when setting up a bedroom? Avoiding metal/electrical devices in it seems to be a simple enough rule to go about it for the folks not wanting to make a huge study out of it?

The biggest issue would be trying to block all the wifi signals living in the city.

74one

Good to know thanks, i just wanted to adress what seemed to me to be a missunderstanding with the iron bed. (i dont think someone is sleeping bareskin on it with direct contact)

What would your recommendation be when setting up a bedroom? Avoiding metal/electrical devices in it seems to be a simple enough rule to go about it for the folks not wanting to make a huge study out of it?

The biggest issue would be trying to block all the wifi signals living in the city.
I would recommend to buy a good electro smog meter, so you could evaluate the problem first and then act based on results

You can buy emf shielding for your devices. I have one for my iPad called Safesleeve. I also have an emf blocking netting bag that goes over my WiFi router. It’s best not to have WiFi but the netting has been tested and does a good job.

Also you can use Smart Meter Guard | EMF Protection Cover and Shield for your smart meter if your electric company has installed one.

pauljacob

Hey man looked into it further and Danny Roddy claims exact opposite of your experience he said he couldnt get his cell access in the tent or make any calls
Mr. Bollox, did it occur to you that Danny Roddy may be pushing a product for personal profits?

74one

You can buy emf shielding for your devices. I have one for my iPad called Safesleeve. I also have an emf blocking netting bag that goes over my WiFi router. It’s best not to have WiFi but the netting has been tested and does a good job.

Also you can use Smart Meter Guard | EMF Protection Cover and Shield for your smart meter if your electric company has installed one.
You can save $$ if you will use something like this to block RF/EMF from smart meter or WiFi router
One layer will reduce radiation about 8-10 times, no need for grounding

74one

Great idea but I already have the one I bought.
I would still advise to buy electro smog meter or find a company that evaluates safe levels RF/EMF in your home, without it there is no way to tell if you live in a safe environment at least in your home

Dr. B

Mr. Bollox, did it occur to you that Danny Roddy may be pushing a product for personal profits?
yeah, i dont think hes sponsored by them? he seems like an honest guy, he rarely pushes supplements. Even with idealabs products, he mentions the website, but from what ive seen I dont think he even uses or claims to use any idealabs products?
the anti EMF tents/cages etc can definitely have some value... is it true you can use iron or copper to block EMFs too

All you need to do just wrap your router in this wire mesh - I would suggest 2-3 layers, as would you wrap a present box on a New Year!

doesnt it also make the wifi not work anymore though? doesnt it block the actual wifi so you no longer connect to it?

74one

yeah, i dont think hes sponsored by them? he seems like an honest guy, he rarely pushes supplements. Even with idealabs products, he mentions the website, but from what ive seen I dont think he even uses or claims to use any idealabs products?
the anti EMF tents/cages etc can definitely have some value... is it true you can use iron or copper to block EMFs too

doesnt it also make the wifi not work anymore though? doesnt it block the actual wifi so you no longer connect to it?
It looks like these WIFI boxes designed to work in the worst case scenario, so you would get reliable internet within a large house or even office. The problem is, there is no power adjustment for homes were your WIFI box located right behind the wall within 10'-50' from computer, but it still running hot full power. To answer your question, you can always remove one layer to boost signal if it's too weak

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals