Anti-aging, more collagen production, youthful appearance due to glitch re: histamine?

ALS

I have a lessened ability to produce DAO, the enzyme that degrades histamine. I was able to find this out by putting my DNA data thru an app on Live Wello. I have known
I had histamine issues from a young age, over reaction to bug bites, for one. In addition, I've always looked a lot younger than my age, Then I found this article

A photo recently posted on Instgram of my mother in her forties generated a great deal of comments regarding histamine and ageing. Specifically that many of us look younger than we are. Significantly younger. Though I passed through a rough patch of about a decade when I was really sick, and therefore most certainly did not look my best, nor my youngest, I now absolutely do not believe I look my age (41 in August 2016). So based on the flimsiest of ideas, that those with histamine issues look younger than they are, I decided to see if there was any science to it. A number of animal studies point to a link between histamine and collagen production, and turnover. In particular, keloid and hypertrophic scars (an aggressive type of scarring) are believed to be the result of an over production of histamine. And that’s probably why antihistamines have been shown to prevent the synthesis of collagen. The dysregulation of prostaglandin E2, found in mast cells where histamine also lives, has also been shown to contribute to abnormal scar formation. One study I read concluded that human mast cells generally increase collagen synthesis. Now, that’s all well and interesting, and there may in fact be a relationship between looking younger and having excess histamine, but what’s the effect of long term inflammation on the body? It’s not great.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Very interesting.

I was still getting carded at 42 years old. I did not know I had a histamine problem until 3 years ago though.

OP
ALS

ALS

I once took an allergen test and a lot of fruits that were red were showing up - strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, etc as well as different types of fish.

The Dr. could not explain this, and took it at face value.

I found that red in fruits is caused by histamine - strawberries are generally high in histamine. Seafood can be high in histamine if not absolutely fresh - the histamine content increases quickly if not stored properly - maybe that's the reason for that showing up.

The inflammation is a killer though. I wish I didn't have to deal with that.

Motif

Wow. It makes sense.
But my hair is falling out from histamine. If this would not be the case I would look 20 with 35.

OP
ALS

ALS

Do histamine affect the lifespan / longevity?
Histamine is created every time you eat, independent of the histamine content of the food eaten.

The inflammation is the problem. Like I said, I don't degrade histamine efficiently which results in inflammation.

I'm looking into this supplement to deal with that problem

Cytokine Suppress® with EGCG​

Last edited: