"Anti-aging Diet Would Emphasize Low Starch Consumption"

DaveFoster

I wonder why Peat says "moderate to low starch consumption," rather than "no starch consumption."

Specifically, I wonder if there's a threshold at which a starch starts to do damage (consumed with saturated fat.) Before that point, is it benign?

shepherdgirl

I can't reconcile the huge success of Walter Kempner's rice diet with the problematic aspects of starches - how could the rice diet be so successful for weight loss and health if starch was such a large part of it? If rice is insulinogenic how did people lose huge amounts of fat and often improve health problems like diabetes? If persorption causes inflammation and therefore high estrogen, why are some of the longest lived peoples (who are also not overweight) potato eaters?

sladerunner69

I can't reconcile the huge success of Walter Kempner's rice diet with the problematic aspects of starches - how could the rice diet be so successful for weight loss and health if starch was such a large part of it? If rice is insulinogenic how did people lose huge amounts of fat and often improve health problems like diabetes? If persorption causes inflammation and therefore high estrogen, why are some of the longest lived peoples (who are also not overweight) potato eaters?

Starches aren't necessarily the worst thing for you, but the research shows that theya re not as beneficial and detriment-free as fruits and fructose and sugars.
Potatoes and rice are clearly some of the more healthful starches, but can still pose problems, clog capillaries, create endotoxin etc.
Unprocessed grains have been shown to cause intense digestive issues.... and the most common form of starch is unprocessed grains.

Again a high carbohydrate diet low in PUFA will be healthful, and produce plenty of folk who will live a long time and attribute their success to said diet, but they would have lived even longer on a fruit diet. There won't be a study like this any time soon, because there is such an intense dogma against sugar.

Well in my country that i came from

We all eat huge amounts of starches
And a litle bit vegetables
And litle bit any kind of meat
And a small amount of fruits

And most of people live 80 to 99 years old

We eat alot of bread and rice
Lots of coffee

Well in my country that i came from

We all eat huge amounts of starches
And a litle bit vegetables
And litle bit any kind of meat
And a small amount of fruits

And most of people live 80 to 99 years old

We eat alot of bread and rice
Lots of coffee

most people in the world eat a "poor" diet -- a diet for poor people which is lots of a staple starch with a bit of protein garnish.

There may be other protective parts of this. For instance, methionine deprivation, perhaps low heavy metals and low iron.

Let me tell you
The details of most people there
One of them is me and 5 brothers

4 to 9 eggs morning/breakfast
With tea
One tomatoes
One cucumber
Eaten with white bread
Salt on everything
Table spoon of sugar in tea

Lunch
Big bowl of white rice
Meat about 20 grams protein maximum(not muscle meat/we consider muscle meat for poor people )

Bowl of vegetables
A little bit onion

At dinner
White french bread with cheese and olive oil with olives tomato cucumber

No one is far

I can say we don't have 6 packs
And we really are sexy as suck (body)

I'm taking about men
We don't eat cookies or any types of shifty food

Girls eat the same
But are lower on carb

Girls have the sexiesttt bodies
I ever seen

Butt big but not fat ( bombé)
Big boobs

One apple
And one orange a day

We drink soup in cold weather
As bone broth

In my original country
Who takes vitamin c
Will be considered by society
He is on drugs

We don't have vitamins companies

We take vitamin c
When we're extremely sick

4 to 6 kids is normal

We don't eat beef at all
We eat chicken once a week maximum

We eat meat of sheep
No body eats more than 100 grams
Because 2 pounds are for 60 dollars there

Agent207

Sexiest bodies you've ever seen?? Are you from Brasil, Russia or Slovenia?

In my land very HIGH starch was also common, my grandparents ate TONS of bread and cheese/milk (true milk not the gimmick you buy today at stores), potatoes, legumes, eggs, moderate fruit and very low meat. Living up 90 with strong health condition (other than usual wearing from field labour) rarely seen today where you see old people with much more fragile condition.

I also think grains from then is not the same as today. Wheat has become hybridized crap and modern breads is not the same at all than those consumed 30 years ago.

My grandparts were no exception in my country, I can't buy bread/gluten/grains are bad per-se. So I think there's much more to it. I myself have excellent digestion feeling and well-being eating starches and I crave for it if I remove it.

Last edited:
I'm from Lebanon
Middle East
Originally

I mean by sexiestttt
That
Bodies of men are really full of masculinity
And as well as women

Russians women and men
Have a very good and sexy bodies

But I believe that their libido
Is like Chinese and Japanese

I'm just saying

shepherdgirl

So sheep, and dairy, and probly your chickens are pastured? and good olive oil. So not much pufa.
And tho you only eat a small bit of mutton, it does not sound like there is not a huge problem with anemia that would require enriching all the cereal products...

I can't judge anything

I believe bad stress is what destroy health

Being busy all the time is bad

Sit down and watch your health with sitting on the cough is worst that being busy
Even if you eat the healthiest food ever

Enjoying life is the key
And being nice to every person
That's the key

That's my only belief in life

Hahaha

shepherdgirl

There may be other protective parts of this. For instance, methionine deprivation, perhaps low heavy metals and low iron.
That makes sense. i seem to remember Dr. Peat mentioning that toxin restriction resulted in the same lifespan benefits as caloric restriction.
Also I think that healthy people have fewer issues with starches- they have far fewer problems with the intestinal barrier.

Would anyone of you please

Explain the methionine deprivation and low heavy metals ?

I mean how can we avoid those ?

WestCoaster

The people with the longest life spans aren't potato eaters. They are the Okinawan folk, whom also consume very little rice. Their diet is for the most part ketogenic (high amounts of fatty meat and leafy green vegetables). I know their traditional diets because that is where my gf's roots are.

You'd also have to ask yourself the same question but in the reverse. Like how to people who consume lots of rice only suddenly gain a lot of weight create problems like diabetes, yet when the minimize the rice, the weight drops and diabetes disappears. If they consume lots of rice again the weight and diabetes return.

People also have to consider the amount people are eating. For those that say starches are a primary portion of their diet, how many calories is it based off of in reality? Does anyone honestly think eating 2000-4000 calories daily in starches won't come without problems? What about someone who says starches are a primary staple in their diet yet it's found out their daily caloric intake is about 1500 calories. It's all about Oxidative stress; the more one eats, the more stress they are putting on their body.

We also have to consider where the products are sourced. Are they commercialized or are you farming them yourself? Is the potatoes and rice you grow in your own back yard the same as what you'd buy at the store? Probably not. We also have to consider another major factor, HCL production. Would someone eating 1500 calories of starch daily with good HCL react differently than someone consuming the same thing with bad HCL? Most definitely.

As Bahaa stated bad stress destroys health, and he is 1000% right. But it's not just the environmental stress, but the stress inflicted on your body from where the foods/drinks are sourced from, and also your very own HCL production. If you start consuming food with god knows what in it where half of the stuff on the label you can't even pronounce, you're probably creating some sort of stress or inflammation in the body. If you have bad HCL production where you can't break down the nutrients out of whatever you're eating, you will become nutrient/vitamin/mineral deficient which again is going to cause stress and inflammation. Of course if someone is in a bad job/relationship, or are just generally happy about where they are in life, well now you have a pile of environmental stress on your shoulders (this also lowers HCL).

The actual anti-aging diet is a stress/inflammation control diet. One where environmental stress is minimized, along with food consumption that is natural, and your body can actually break it down because the HCL production is good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals