Another Recommendation Thread, But Lost On What I Should Buy(Germany)

UltraSuperior

I'm sorry but this topic is extremely confusing to me. I've read about red light for a while but I can't find any kind of consensus anywhere with people saying to buy this and that lamp. Also most of these aren't available in Germany which is highly frustrating.

I don't want to buy the highly overpriced setups from sites such as redlightman because I think that paying 200 EUR for a lamp is insane and there is no way the manufacturing cost justifies the pricing.

Can somebody help me out, and recommend me a light that is available in Germany at a reasonable price which I can buy, plug in, and receive all the benefits of red light?

I really have tried to read up on the topic and do my own research but the whole thing is very confusing. I can't find "incandescent bulbs" anywhere in Germany.

I just want to buy a light, plug it in and receive benefits. I don't want to become an electric engineer and play around with voltage, and whatever else the people on here are doing.

Also I don't want to purchase crazy hot light bulbs which could burst into flames and burn down my apartment at any moment.

Mauritio

You can buy the incandescent lightbulb from bulbrite that peat and Roddy use.
Search for it on Ebay. The bulb is like 8 euros plus 20 euros shipping which sucks I know ,but it's worth it , it lasts a long time and makes such a great light!

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

You can buy the incandescent lightbulb from bulbrite that peat and Roddy use.
Search for it on Ebay. The bulb is like 8 euros plus 20 euros shipping which sucks I know ,but it's worth it , it lasts a long time and makes such a great light!

I don't want to order a lightbulb from the USA which costs 30 euro.

How can it be this hard? I've been really annoyed by this topic for a while. Is it just me or is it crazy hard to get any solid information about this?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01KOC3NW0/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=rotlicht&qid=1572817145&sr=8-6

Can't I just buy a device like this and get benefits?

LeeLemonoil

Read HCFrickes Blog (German), he compiled absolutely excellent Infosln light-hacking there, including a list of which lights to buy, available in Germany, prices and so forth.
You have to pay a few euros to access these pages on his blog fully, but it’s worth it.

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

Read HCFrickes Blog (German), he compiled absolutely excellent Infosln light-hacking there, including a list of which lights to buy, available in Germany, prices and so forth.
You have to pay a few euros to access these pages on his blog fully, but it’s worth it.

It costs 30 Euro. Do you have access to it? If so, please dm.

Kartoffel

Mauritio

I don't want to order a lightbulb from the USA which costs 30 euro.

How can it be this hard? I've been really annoyed by this topic for a while. Is it just me or is it crazy hard to get any solid information about this?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01KOC3NW0/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=rotlicht&qid=1572817145&sr=8-6

Can't I just buy a device like this and get benefits?
Its a good lamp and its gonna last you a long time. Your choice if you make it complicated. Just buy the frickin lamp and be happy :D

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

These are good and basically the same Ray recommends:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002B522SU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hier noch eine schöne Fassung mit Klemme. Alternativ gibt es auch günstigere 250W Fassungen mit Klemme von chinesischen ebay Händlern.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07TPFTTKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. But this is just for room lights right? This doesn't provide the benefits of red light therapy as I understand?

Kartoffel

Thanks. But this is just for room lights right? This doesn't provide the benefits of red light therapy as I understand?

No, this is a very good, bright incandescent bulb for getting a lot of light in the visible red spectrum. The infrared lamps are not good since they have infrared red light and less in the visible spectrum.

boris

@UltraSuperior Incandescent bulbs are just the regular old Glühbirnen, non LED, 2700kelvin (warmweiß). Peat says to use them after sundown until you go to bed. That's light therapy.

Here are some 100w ones for under 1€
Industrieglühbirne E27/100W/230V

I think those infrared ones with the red or clear glas should only be used for a few minutes early in the day.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Not red light, but Air purifiers, some combined with ionizers. The cheap ones are even ionizers only.
I ponder trying out purifiers, have never before. Maybe reduce suspected airborne pathogens and pollution for when I'm in my city-condo.

This one is ionizer only:
Luftreiniger BONECO BONECO P50 Luftreiniger Schwarz (1 Watt, Raumgröße: 50 m³) - MediaMarkt

Though it's debatable if negative ions really are pro or con peaty

cheap but good review multiple action purifiers. Some have additional UV-C to kill pathogens, some are with switcable ionizers:

Luftreiniger BEURER BEURER 660.02 LR 200 Luftreiniger Weiß/Schwarz (60 Watt) - MediaMarkt

Luftreiniger SOEHNLE SOEHNLE 68094 AirFresh Clean 300 Luftreiniger Weiß (65 Watt, Raumgröße: 30 m³) - MediaMarkt

Luftreiniger SUNTEC SUNTEC 13997 AirCare 800 Luftreiniger Weiß (2.5 Watt) - MediaMarkt

Luftreiniger BEURER BEURER LR 310 Luftreiniger Weiß (55 Watt, Raumgröße: 56 m²) - MediaMarkt

And this one, 22 euro, supposed to ionize and frshen th air, neutraliz stench
Luftreiniger PURIPOD PURIPOD 2001086 Luftreiniger Weiß (4.5 Watt, Raumgröße: 20 m³) - MediaMarkt

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

No, this is a very good, bright incandescent bulb for getting a lot of light in the visible red spectrum. The infrared lamps are not good since they have infrared red light and less in the visible spectrum.

I purchased the combo you linked me. The lamp will take a while to arrive from china. Didn't know thats possible when you order on Amazon. Anyways, if I get the bulb can I use it in a regular light fixture on the ceiling which other bulbs are also used in? Or do I need the special fixture?

boris

Most light fixtures nowadays are made for 60w maximum. They contain plastic parts that will potentially melt/burn or are too close to the ceiling.

You can get these ceramic fixtures for 1€ a piece:

eglo-e27-fassung.jpg