Another Recommendation Thread, But Lost On What I Should Buy(Germany)

boris

BUT you can still use your standard fixtures if you don't let the bulb burn too long. Before my ceramic fixtures arrived I still used 200w bulbs on 60w fixtures but I made sure to not exceed 10 minutes to avoid a fire.

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

Most light fixtures nowadays are made for 60w maximum. They contain plastic parts that will potentially melt/burn or are too close to the ceiling.

You can get these ceramic fixtures for 1€ a piece:

eglo-e27-fassung.jpg

Mhh I think I'm too incapable to mount this to the electricity and I don't really wanna risk it. I'll just wait for the chinese fixture..

BUT you can still use your standard fixtures if you don't let the bulb burn too long. Before my ceramic fixtures arrived I still used 200w bulbs on 60w fixtures but I made sure to not exceed 10 minutes to avoid a fire.

Is it safe for 5-10 mins to get the red light benefits? would be worried of getting electrocuted/ starting a fire though..

Kartoffel

I purchased the combo you linked me. The lamp will take a while to arrive from china. Didn't know thats possible when you order on Amazon. Anyways, if I get the bulb can I use it in a regular light fixture on the ceiling which other bulbs are also used in? Or do I need the special fixture?

If you use a 250W lamp with a regular ceiling socket, this will likely end in with a short circuit, because regular sockets have a wattage limit of 60-100W.

boris

Haha, it's not hard. Just turn off all electricity in the "Stromkasten" and connect the two dark wires to the holes. It doesn't matter which order you connect them. Really easy.
Of course better safe than sorry.
Similar fixtures like the one you ordered are also available at many petstores (fressnapf, etc.), if you have to wait too long.

@Kartoffel It won't short circuit. The limit is there because of heat problems.

boris

Is it safe for 5-10 mins to get the red light benefits? would be worried of getting electrocuted/ starting a fire though..

I started getting a plastic smell after about 15-25 minutes. I wouldn't reccomend it, but probably nothing will happen if you use it for 5 minutes.

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

I started getting a plastic smell after about 15-25 minutes. I wouldn't reccomend it, but probably nothing will happen if you use it for 5 minutes.
Yeah whatever I will just wait for the fixture. I am a ***** when it comes to electricity. I remember at some point I had an issue with the electricity in my old apartment and I convinced my ex that I got electrocuted through the air and we vacated the apartment for a month until it was fixed :lol:

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

boris

You can get Osram Ultra Vitalux 300w UV bulb for about 40 euros.

[...] not sure if the tanning isn't carcinogenic.[...]

UV light will injure the skin, but you can mitigate that when you get red light after it. I guess the tanning lamp from the link cancels that out by shining red at the same time.

Ray says a few minutes of artificial UV light can be an option for vitamin D in winter.

Kartoffel

Haha, it's not hard. Just turn off all electricity in the "Stromkasten" and connect the two dark wires to the holes. It doesn't matter which order you connect them. Really easy.
Of course better safe than sorry.
Similar fixtures like the one you ordered are also available at many petstores (fressnapf, etc.), if you have to wait too long.

@Kartoffel It won't short circuit. The limit is there because of heat problems.

Yes, and the heat will sooner or later damage the socket (melt it) and the cable, which will end in short circuit. Believe me, I already "tried" that.

boris

Absolutely right, I was under the assumption you meant there would be an immediate short circuit when turning the power on.

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

Thanks a lot for the help btw guys. Are there any lights/ lamps you would recommend for general room lightning? @boris @Kartoffel

My room just has 1 weak light bulb and I'm looking to improve the situation. Maybe you guys already researched this on amazon etc.?

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

I want to get these lamps: https://www.amazon.de/KingSo®-E27-60-ST64-Glühbirnen-Antiken-Glühbirne/dp/B01IGT7KCW/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sspa_mw_detail_0&th=1

But I need something to put them into.

Thought about something like this: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07QXPKDJZ/ but the wattage is too low to support the lamps.

Any good options here? My room needs to be brighter.

I think I might buy something like this: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DFFLRZB/ because its cheap and will provide the light I need. Then I will be able to clamp the 250W lamp with the fixture to this lamp as well.

LeeLemonoil

I don’t know if the Wolff-Medicos products are legit, but if so, here is a seemingly very practical one for entire body use to flexibly use either sitting or im Liegen. Don’t nknow why I googled the swiss Version but it’s not even 2000€ - @UltraSuperior
CollagenSun 12V

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals