Another Dead End Log

I don't take aspirin more than once a month/every 2-3 months. I took it a couple times in march. The scarring started at the end of 2019 and it continues to this day. Topicals make it worse, so if you're using those pads you recommended consider something more natural. My healing ability started to go downhill as far back as 2018, but it was a very gradual process. I don't think it was a sudden change that brought this about, but rather a combination of factors that accumulated over time. 4 months of living a stressful sleep deprived life, moving alone to a northern country with zero sun, living in a tiny, mouldy dorm room next to the river thats blasted with EMF, drinking 2 Litres of tap water every day, eating a 90% vegan diet/1400 cal a day at most

Overdosing on liver and orange juice was the straw that broke the camel's back and thats when the scarring got deep

I have stopped and reversed many of my problems but nothing has been able to halt this.

Not getting enough calories makes it worse. You mentioned you eat 1800 a day, maybe try increasing the amount. How much copper and vit c are you getting on the keto diet?

..i wager if the atrophic scarring would come on or be intensified from Aspirin, there are aspects of aspirin's behavior that take as long as 10 days after a single intake to return to baseline, such as platelet - function and all adjacent effecting. Even if ASA is consumed only sporadically, there would be enhanced vulnerability during that timeframe, under the assumption that platelet function and the downstream effects coming from that function, contributing to misformation of scartissue.

OP
U

ursidae

..i wager if the atrophic scarring would come on or be intensified from Aspirin, there are aspects of aspirin's behavior that take as long as 10 days after a single intake to return to baseline, such as platelet - function and all adjacent effecting. Even if ASA is consumed only sporadically, there would be enhanced vulnerability during that timeframe, under the assumption that platelet function and the downstream effects coming from that function, contributing to misformation of scartissue.
I’ve taken 2 or so in 5 months, didn’t see it as something worth taking since it wasn’t getting to the root of the problem. It just occurred to me that the Camphosal I took contains phenyl salycilate so there’s that. Didn’t notice much of an effect on healing either way.

The problem in my case is that the lesions stay dormant for too long. Up to a month sometimes. When they finally drain/dry up they leave orange peel texture, malformed pores and small ice pick scarring. Persistent swelling would result in large superficial depressions. The ones that get very inflamed and drain quickly don’t normally scar

OP
U

ursidae

@Tristan Loscha
I tried your recommended diet today (butter+meat primarily, <50 g carbs) to give my gut a break from plants and had to stop myself from vomiting after eating. Intense nausea and rosacea got worse. Burping all the time, acid reflux, gurgling stomach, etc. Did you have that problem and did you adapt eventually? Also butter break me out in hormonal location cysts within hours of consumption.

@Tristan Loscha
I tried your recommended diet today (butter+meat primarily, <50 g carbs) to give my gut a break from plants and had to stop myself from vomiting after eating. Intense nausea and rosacea got worse. Burping all the time, acid reflux, gurgling stomach, etc. Did you have that problem and did you adapt eventually? Also butter break me out in hormonal location cysts within hours of consumption.

Did you eat only the butter and meat or also fruit like agreeable vegs, cucumber or such? I do not have digestive distress, except for junkfoods.

OP
U

ursidae

Did you eat only the butter and meat or also fruit like agreeable vegs, cucumber or such? I do not have digestive distress, except for junkfoods.
Butter+meat, skyr for hydration and to balance all the phosphorus in meat, one egg. By the end of the day I was craving fruit badly so I ate 2 cucumbers. Couldn’t eat more vegetables than that as carbs would’ve gotten too high. Most of what I read stated 25 g as the maximum. I reached 49.8 g. I have to say my temperature got low again once I started the antibiotic, appetite decreased so much and this short experiment made me very warm. Still it was digestive hell and I woke up with 3 new cysts and the most inflamed face in a long time. At least now I know it’s the fat portion of dairy that’s problematic for me and I probably have gallbladder (?) problems

Butter+meat, skyr for hydration and to balance all the phosphorus in meat, one egg. By the end of the day I was craving fruit badly so I ate 2 cucumbers. Couldn’t eat more vegetables than that as carbs would’ve gotten too high. Most of what I read stated 25 g as the maximum. I reached 49.8 g. I have to say my temperature got low again once I started the antibiotic, appetite decreased so much and this short experiment made me very warm. Still it was digestive hell and I woke up with 3 new cysts and the most inflamed face in a long time. At least now I know it’s the fat portion of dairy that’s problematic for me and I probably have gallbladder (?) problems

Paul Jaminet posits that sugar from vegs like cucumber and such is not bioavailable, more like resistant starch. He recommends around 100g of carbs per day. I would recommend to only eat complete meals, so meat, butter, eggs and cucumber at the same time. Also, the amount of fiber can differ considerably, an ok fiber supplement is psyllium husk. I myself re - implemented 100g of carbs, so still low carb, and still have the benefit of better skin condition. I try to simulate the slow drip of guconeogenesis via excess protein by consuming 2 sugar cubes per hour, for a total of around 100g for 16 waking hours. Also maybe a b complex, taurine to troubleshoot the gallbladder/liver issues maybe. Also: Increase Bile Production?

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

So it’s taurine and oxbile for the gallbladder
I try not to rely on supplements when possible because my knowledge is very limited but I might have to take this after all.
The burping and nausea after eating fat has been going on for too long, clearly it won’t sort itself out on its own. It started after I got the tetanus vaccine two months ago. I got very sick and I was burping after every bite of food, which never used to happen before. At the peak of the sickness the only things I could tolerate were dark chocolate, honey and lemon juice. Dark chocolate as a bitter tasting fat makes sense now. After that vaccine I was also unable to stimulate stomach acid production with the things that previously used to work. I’ve been reading this document and my problems are starting to make sense

http://docshare03.docshare.tips/files/25310/253102501.pdf

The author speaks in favour of colostrum. I like the idea of that since it is a whole food

On the subject of taurine deficiency, they mention to be mindful of free glutamic acid intake. I’ve been relying heavily on brewers/nutritional yeast for b vitamins, looks like that will have to stop. Parmigiano regianno and bone broth do not seem to be safe either
Amino-acid-content-in-yeast-extracts-A-and-B.png

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Amino-acid-content-in-yeast-extracts-A-and-B_tbl2_311867267

OP
U

ursidae

I was put on isoprinosine and there has been no stomach pain for three days now. My wrists and knees have stopped hurting as well. Had a wart appear on my finger last week and its scabbing over. Not sure if its just the inosine doing this as I found a box of old supplements and have been taking high doses of vitamin D, vitamin C, magnesium chloride, B complex, Proline and Lysine with gelatin. I got my Lugol's on friday but I'm not gonna use it yet. I wonder what it can do for the huge cysts I got from eating butterfat. My diet and sleep have been all over the place. A lot of these problems seem to disappear simply by eating over 3500 calories a day but I really dont have the appetite for that

Sticking to taking small doses of zinc citrate and eating red meat every meal for now. I read that zinc picolinate increased plasma copper levels by providing free intestinal picolinic acid to complex with copper which might explain the large white spots I was getting on my nails taking 50 mg a day. Not everyone gets this effect from supplementing it so I wonder if copper excess was already present before supplementing

Last edited:
Not sure if already mentioned here, but make sure your SAT : MONO ration is 1 : 1, and the same for O6 : O3. This is highly important for consistency and attributes of sebum.

OP
U

ursidae

Not sure if already mentioned here, but make sure your SAT : MONO ration is 1 : 1, and the same for O6 : O3. This is highly important for consistency and attributes of sebum.
thank you for sharing that, I believe you did tell me about saturated fat to MUFA ratio before. Do you think there might be harm in eating o3 rich meats that have been cooked thoroughly since those fatty acids are so fragile?

thank you for sharing that, I believe you did tell me about saturated fat to MUFA ratio before. Do you think there might be harm in eating o3 rich meats that have been cooked thoroughly since those fatty acids are so fragile?

Not sure; if it is fish, maybe frying it more shortly would be good. I came to the conclusion that people lack ALA, which is found in low amounts in grasses and leaves. Flaxseed oil contain it, it does resemble the fatty acid composition of above ground plants. Maybe you should take an teaspoon full 2x/d and, the VLCPUFA from fish or other seafood on top. Relatives of the now extinct mammoth,which was a tasty foodsource in the old days, contain 3 percent each of linoleic acid and Alpha Linolenic Acid in their depot and organ fats, 1 : 1.

OP
U

ursidae

I’ve been continuing with this supplementation for a few days and tonight I could finally fall asleep. I had very vivid dreams and I remembered them. My period had come back when I woke up. It had been over half a year since I lost it. I’m happy to have it back.

Last edited:

Korven

I’ve been continuing with this supplementation for a few days and tonight I could finally fall asleep. I had very vivid dreams and I remembered them. My period had come back when I woke up. It had been over half a year since I lost it. I’m happy to have it back.

That is great news!! What were the supplements that you introduced, iodine protocol?

OP
U

ursidae

That is great news!! What were the supplements that you introduced, iodine protocol?
Thank you, no specific protocols, I haven’t taken iodine yet, taking too many things right now. I picked up random leftover supplements and just took them. I was put on isoprinosine and extended my metrodinazole course which I am sure did most of the work.
Took:
L-Ascorbic acid 4 g a day, I sometimes get close to a gram from food
L-Proline/Lysine mix 1 g a day
Porcine Gelatine-random amounts
I used the above combination to try to stop the scarring, still scarring though
Vitamin d about 15-20 000 iu
K2mk4 200 mcg
15 drops of tocovit
As much Magnesium chloride hexahydrate (Nigari) as my bowels can handle
Some cheap b complex from boots 2X a day
Saccharomyces Boulardii probiotic once in a while
Zinc citrate 30 mg spread out throughout the day and some red meat
Diet has been chaotic as hell, eating 4-5 bananas a day, a ton of whatever fruit is on sale, lots of eggs, mussels, a few Brazil nuts (I can’t afford shrimp right now)

And last but most importantly I reached out to someone dear to me who made me stop seeing myself as a Pottenger cat doomed to a life of infertility

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

I’ve started doing your method (but with 2% lugol’s solution). This thing is pretty harsh and stings a lot, I hope it will help with healing because I really need to stop the scarring. Are you still doing it and what do you use to wash it off? It stains quite a bit and water alone can’t remove it. I don’t want to use alcohol my skin is too fragile

Korven

I’ve started doing your method (but with 2% lugol’s solution). This thing is pretty harsh and stings a lot, I hope it will help with healing because I really need to stop the scarring. Are you still doing it and what do you use to wash it off? It stains quite a bit and water alone can’t remove it. I don’t want to use alcohol my skin is too fragile

Yeah I had the same thing happen - even when diluting iodine quite a bit it was too irritating for my skin so I dropped it.

However there are a few anecdotes online of iodine being the best thing ever (Betadine reviews, photos, ingredients - MakeupAlley), so maybe iodine could help you. But you should probably dilute it a bit beforehand!

I found that applying chlorhexidine to my nostrils daily was a much better solution for my specific skin issues, mostly pustules around mouth and nose. I also use topical azelaic acid for lowering skin inflammation and it helps with fading scars. For now this helps keeps my skin clear, long-term goal is to not have to rely on topicals if I can dial in my health/diet.

First step to heal scarring is to stop getting new breakouts. When your health is at a good place, skin is clear and free from inflammation, you can work on scarring with red light/microneedling/subcision for tethered scars etc (there are some amazing results of scar revision over at acne.org).

But as you already know fixing adult acne is not a straightforward thing, and for women there's another layer of complexity with hormonal fluctuations.

For whatever it's worth, I recently realized I was just going around in circles with a "peat inspired diet". After 2 years my health was just not getting any better long-term. I had developed new issues such as fat malabsorption and psoriasis, along with pre-existing skin issues, and I was getting overly focused on day to day changes in symptoms instead of working towards long-term health goals.

My overall health and skin quality has been gradually improving over the past few weeks since focusing on digestion/liver/gallbladder health. Some days things look worse, but the week to week progress has been very promising:
  • Beef and chicken/white rice/beans for the majority of my calories. Some mushrooms, parsnips and olive oil as well. Oatmeal and raisins occasionally.
  • Making sure I get daily fibre from legumes or whole grains to help body get rid of waste products through bile. If legumes aren't tolerated, maybe vegetable fibre would work equally well. I think turning over bile and keeping it flowing is critically important, and probably the reason why I got new issues from a 0 fibre milk-based diet. Some people actually heal on Karen Hurd's "Bean Protocol" (a.k.a Ray Peats nightmare).
  • Dropped all of the fat soluble vitamins, I honestly have no idea how to balance these. I think they can mess with gallbladder flow and mineral balance. I stick with B-vitamins, taurine and magnesium now.
  • Zero fructose most days. I'm not sure if fruit is healthy anymore.
  • It's possible that eating lower/zero vitamin A has helped as well, but can't say for sure as it's only been a few weeks. Will add in eggs again if low VA isn't giving me long-term gains.
  • Betaine HCL and pancreatin with meals has been super helpful for digestion. No more steatorrhea and faster transit time/better poops.
  • Since adding in TUDCA my skin is clearer and glows more, and my eyes are not as red or vascularised. Got some serious gallbladder spasms first time and I think this can be great for clearing out liver/gallbladder.

OP
U

ursidae

thanks for responding, I might try what you’re doing next

I’m familiar with karen hurd. I tried her diet this winter. My problem with acne.org is the only thing suggested there that actually works is accutane. I’ve read hundreds of threads and tried so many things. And it does not help that their best scar revision story happens to be from one of the few people there that follow peat
Freedom From Scars And Acne!
Every time I see this I come back here

OP
U

ursidae

Honestly I’m not even sure this is caused by my diet. Dairy fat gives me cysts for sure, but that’s it. I got a blood test for food intolerances recently and it came out clear. But then again the diffuse smaller ones look like something caused by gut irritation. I keep flip flopping and getting influenced by everything I read and I don’t stick to anything for too long and the scars just keep increasing. I need to do a proper elimination diet for once

OP
U

ursidae

Putting lugols on my face is the worst thing I’ve ever done to myself. I have burns and it resulted in the worst breakout I have ever had. I thought things were bad before. Nothing seems to be able to stop this thing and I can’t even think about all the years I’m gonna spend trying to fix these scars

You probably need mild topicals to exfoliate. Your acne is probably hyperkeratosis - like and needs exfoliation. When you fixed your digestion, you could try ketogenic diet or high protein low carb. It reduced my acne considerably.

Back
Top Bottom