Another Dead End Log

Jennifer

I had the gastroscopy+colonoscopy done today. As a preparation I had to fast yesterday and drink 3.5 L of their heavy duty laxatives. At the end of drinking all that I was constipated. 10 enemas later I was still passing solid matter. My blood pressure fell to the point that I nearly fainted. The final elimination was watery with weird droplets that resembled fat. Then I remember that this was what camphosal looked like in a water solution. My anaesthesia wore off during the procedure so I woke up with a huge tube down my throat and choked on it lol. They discovered that my duodenum and colon were inflamed and took a biopsy. After the procedure I had to eliminate once again and it was some more solid matter+camphosal.
I’m sorry for your suffering. Are you currently being treated for the hypothyroidism and have you done a hydrogen breath test to rule out SIBO? Your history and symptoms are so similar to mine and others I know of who were hypo and dealing with an overgrowth. I’m hypo too and had a bad case of SIBO because it went untreated for years due to a misdiagnosis. I developed such severe gastritis (diagnosed via endoscopy — I was awake for the tube down the throat too lol) that the only thing that didn’t kill my gut or produce a rash and pustules on my face was collagen in coconut water.

Anyhow, I thought I’d mention it since SIBO is extremely common in those with hypothyroidism and you seemed to experience initial relief with an anti-microbial/camphosal. I’d hate for you to waste your time and sanity cycling your food etc. if it’s something that could be cleared with a good round of Rifaximin (may even take several months to clear it completely if it’s severe enough) and proper thyroid supplementation/proper dosing to help with peristalsis and stomach acid and enzyme production to keep it from returning.

OP
U

ursidae

I’m sorry for your suffering. Are you currently being treated for the hypothyroidism and have you done a hydrogen breath test to rule out SIBO? Your history and symptoms are so similar to mine and others I know of who were hypo and dealing with an overgrowth. I’m hypo too and had a bad case of SIBO because it went untreated for years due to a misdiagnosis. I developed such severe gastritis (diagnosed via endoscopy — I was awake for the tube down the throat too lol) that the only thing that didn’t kill my gut or produce a rash and pustules on my face was collagen in coconut water.

Anyhow, I thought I’d mention it since SIBO is extremely common in those with hypothyroidism and you seemed to experience initial relief with an anti-microbial/camphosal. I’d hate for you to waste your time and sanity cycling your food etc. if it’s something that could be cleared with a good round of Rifaximin (may even take several months to clear it completely if it’s severe enough) and proper thyroid supplementation/proper dosing to help with peristalsis and stomach acid and enzyme production to keep it from returning.
I read your log a lot. I know thyroid + antibiotics was your solution so I was hoping camphosal+sunlight+ramping up calories could produce something like that. However the window of opportunity (before producing an imbalance) of the drug was too short and my thyroid is probably damaged beyond repair from all the fluoride I was given. I know thyroid supplementation is a tricky thing and one has to be very knowledgeable to dose it right. I have been dealing with a controlling and mentally unstable parent that is constantly arguing that my health is perfect and I need no hormonal treatment because a psychic told him so. Every blood test and appointment with a doctor has to be earned with hours of arguments and often times he simply does not want to pay for the tests the doctors want me to do. Doctors aren’t any better: the second endocrinologist I went to could only explain my extremely high cholesterol by saying the lab got it wrong. He said I’m not hypothyroid despite my hormonal levels indicating it because I’m not fat. At the end he prescribed me to eat bananas, take probiotics and to be positive. It is truly infuriating.

Anyway I’m lucky enough that my other parent is sane and cooperative. If I can find a normal doctor I’ll try to get them to do what you did.

OP
U

ursidae

@ursidae How high is your iodine intake?
I eat a lot of seafood/potatoes/iodine rich fruits and I’ve been adding small amounts of iodised potassium salt to rice. I’m still on the fence about doing the iodine protocol as Peat thinks iodine is detrimental in large quantities

I eat a lot of seafood/potatoes/iodine rich fruits and I’ve been adding small amounts of iodised potassium salt to rice. I’m still on the fence about doing the iodine protocol as Peat thinks iodine is detrimental in large quantities

You mean hyper dosing like several mg a day? Potatoes and Fruits are not good sources of iodine iirc.

OP
U

ursidae

You mean hyper dosing like several mg a day? Potatoes and Fruits are not good sources of iodine iirc.
I don’t know the details if you’re asking about the protocol.
I get a lot more than the daily recommended from seafood alone

OP
U

ursidae

a small update
Gastroscopy and colonoscopy revealed Crohn’s disease
IV antibiotics, blood drawing for tests and the enemas relieved my rhinitis, skin problems and even the eye floaters decreased. Once I was out of the hospital a 6 day course of antibiotics normalised my bowel movements and the colour and texture of my stool. It allowed me to eat large quantities of dairy without consequences. Once I stopped the antibiotics my tongue became coated and an enormous breakout followed that I’m still trying to get under control. The pain in my wrists, shins, knees, back has been pretty bad lately, can’t even do yoga anymore. My right hand is pretty much useless. I had achy knees and shins even as a teen but it was occasional and always in the winter. Wet the bed last night for the first time in years
I didn’t really understand what my gastroenterologist said, she believes there’s an immune factor due to my low IgA, low b lymphocyte count so I was referred to an immunologist who went on about under and over methylators. She got me to do some more pricey tests which revealed high Anti - nRNP/Sm and C3, C4

OP
U

ursidae

Got my ovaries looked at today. They’re full of follicles, PCOS diagnosis is confirmed. The option they give me is birth control. Not gonna take that

BMI has stabilised at 17.9

Last edited:
Please make sure that you get time to research antibiotics, and make extra sure not to take Fluoroquinolone antibiotics.

@ursidae

you mentioned the onset of atrophic scarring, i also have begun to have that complication. The onset seems to fall in in the same timeframe of starting low dose aspirin 100mg, which i take since a couple of months; i googled it, and aspirin seems to prevent or reduces an opposite of atrophic scarring, keloid scarring. Do you take aspirin, or do you changed something around the onset of this issue, which could explain it?

OP
U

ursidae

@ursidae

you mentioned the onset of atrophic scarring, i also have begun to have that complication. The onset seems to fall in in the same timeframe of starting low dose aspirin 100mg, which i take since a couple of months; i googled it, and aspirin seems to prevent or reduces an opposite of atrophic scarring, keloid scarring. Do you take aspirin, or do you changed something around the onset of this issue, which could explain it?
I don't take aspirin more than once a month/every 2-3 months. I took it a couple times in march. The scarring started at the end of 2019 and it continues to this day. Topicals make it worse, so if you're using those pads you recommended consider something more natural. My healing ability started to go downhill as far back as 2018, but it was a very gradual process. I don't think it was a sudden change that brought this about, but rather a combination of factors that accumulated over time. 4 months of living a stressful sleep deprived life, moving alone to a northern country with zero sun, living in a tiny, mouldy dorm room next to the river thats blasted with EMF, drinking 2 Litres of tap water every day, eating a 90% vegan diet/1400 cal a day at most

Overdosing on liver and orange juice was the straw that broke the camel's back and thats when the scarring got deep

I have stopped and reversed many of my problems but nothing has been able to halt this.

Not getting enough calories makes it worse. You mentioned you eat 1800 a day, maybe try increasing the amount. How much copper and vit c are you getting on the keto diet?

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

I finally got hold of my first stool test results today and turns out there were no parasites, a miracle considering my raw food reckless stupidity

Latest stool test revealed dysbiosis, so I got prescribed an antibiotic again, this time with probiotics. Bought the antibiotic only; researching safe probiotics

flu like symptoms are finally subsiding and abdominal swelling has gone down. I tracked today and it seems I need 4K cal to feel okay and maintain weight. Cooking, carrying and eating all that food is becoming a full time job. I wonder about weight fluctuations being so small when eating 5 kg of food a day

Eating starch with fruit is poor combining but it seems to be negating their individual drawbacks for me personally. keeping fat pretty low and separate from carbs but it’s challenging to restrict PUFA when calories are high. Trace amounts here and there add up and turns out even corn has a lots of it, so it ends up 7.8 g/day. I wonder what should be prioritized when it comes to intake:

total amount vs. % of calories vs. % of fat calories/sat:pufa ratio

Last edited:
I don't take aspirin more than once a month/every 2-3 months. I took it a couple times in march. The scarring started at the end of 2019 and it continues to this day. Topicals make it worse, so if you're using those pads you recommended consider something more natural. My healing ability started to go downhill as far back as 2018, but it was a very gradual process. I don't think it was a sudden change that brought this about, but rather a combination of factors that accumulated over time. 4 months of living a stressful sleep deprived life, moving alone to a northern country with zero sun, living in a tiny, mouldy dorm room next to the river thats blasted with EMF, drinking 2 Litres of tap water every day, eating a 90% vegan diet/1400 cal a day at most

Overdosing on liver and orange juice was the straw that broke the camel's back and thats when the scarring got deep

I have stopped and reversed many of my problems but nothing has been able to halt this.

Not getting enough calories makes it worse. You mentioned you eat 1800 a day, maybe try increasing the amount. How much copper and vit c are you getting on the keto diet?

My total amount is more like 2500, i supplement with C and Cu,which is not optimal, but i cannot bring myself to eat liver, i will try to consume it freezed.

OP
U

ursidae

I'm feeling really great since I've increased my caloric intake- mood is great, digestion is significantly better, I'm mentally stable and I get things done. I'm a bit worried about sweating all day long, my temp througout the day is 98.7-98.9 and my pulse is 86-92, it feels great but also like I am about to burst. Last time this happened was when I was overeating liver, on lower calories. Getting a nagging feeling that this might be due to hyperglycemia, I ran out of glucose testing strips, no idea what my blood sugar levels are

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom