Annual Wellness Exam

HollyLooyah

Hey kids~~

My annual Wellness Exam is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm going to ask for the following labs (compiled from previous discussions here). Are there others I should include? I don't know if my Doc will order all of them but I can at least ask. :)

Prolactin
Parathyroid
TSH
Whole Blood Serotonin
CO2
Lactic Acid
Free Fatty Acids (NEFA)
Vitamin D
Histamine
Albumin
Total Cholesterol
C-Reactive Protein
Sodium
Magnesium
Calcium
Potassium
Glucose

I'm a little nervous because I know some tests will be outside the 'normal' parameters but I keep telling myself to not get caught up in what's 'normal' nowadays. Fingers crossed!

Advice?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That looks about right to me. Maybe someone else can see something that was missed.

Let us know how that goes.

OP
H

HollyLooyah

I will definitely over-share. The last time I was at a doctor's office they took my pulse and remarked 'Oh, you must work out!' - it was 55 or 57 something like that. I said 'nope'. That was before I knew a low pulse was one of the low thyroid indicators. They just didn't get really worked up about that low pulse rate.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well because low pulse rate is super healthy ya know. ;)

/sarcasm

jaketthomas

You know what's funny about my slow pulse? I always read that if your pulse was 50-55, you're a well conditioned athlete. Which I am. I mean, I've been working out regularly for 20 years. I'm 34 now, been doing it since freshman year of high school. Anyway, I saw a chinese herbalist about my hair loss. He said to me, "you, slow pulse, no good. you, not enough heat." My Chinese diagnosis was spleen qi deficiency, liver qi stagnation, liver qi deficiency, and kidney yang deficiency. Basically, liver overacting on the stomach, and not enough yang/male energy. Translate that even further, and I had low testosterone, high estrogen, elevated liver enzymes, low stomach acid. The Chinese doctor knew all of this JUST from my pulse! TCM doesn't really recognize the thyroid much though, which is bizarre.

My body temperature has been anywhere from 97.0 to 97.8 my entire life, even when I was a little kid in school. I'd go to the nurse with a belly ache, and she'd say, "Huh.... your temperature is actually LOW". I ended up realizing I could use that to my advantage. I'd feel like playing hookie, would go to the nurse, my temp would be 97.1, and she'd send me home because my body temp was way different than normal, lol.

I'd run for miles, lift weights, played all kinds of sports, NEVER did anything for my low body temperature. I just thought it was normal for me. Fast forward many years, and I realize that I've been hypothyroid for the majority of my life. All of the symptoms I thought were "normal" that I had my entire life, such as cold hands/feet/nose, low body temp, sluggishness, slow speech, slow thinking, etc, etc, etc, were actually not normal at all. I even had borderline goiter. My thyroid gland was clearly enlarged. I just thought I had a big knob in my neck. That was me. How wrong I was.

Been on this diet for only a week, and my thyroid gland has reduced in size, my body temp is 98.0-98.2, pop right out of bed, thinking more clearly. It's great. The only negative is having crazy muscle twitching in my eyelid. Which I hope goes away soon.

Lucy

Hi jaketthomas! Were the chinese doctors of any help apart from the diagnosis?

jaketthomas

Hi Lucy,

No, they didn't help at all. He ground up some herbs, that I paid about $100 for, and they didn't do anything to help me or my cold body condition.

After being on this diet now for about 12 days, I have noticed that my body is thrown ALL out of whack when I have starch. I read that potatoes are OK on this diet, but they're not OK for me. I might as well be consuming poison. My body temperature dropped to 96.8 a few hours after a potato heavy meal. I had a blanket wrapped around me, and had to turn my heat up to 74, to take the chill off. Ridiculous. But, that's what I've been dealing with pretty much my entire life. I just know now that I can't have starch. Sugar, fat, protein is it.

Oddly enough, the food/meal that brings body temperature balance to me the fastest is ice cream. I buy Turkey Hill Natural Ice Cream. It has 4 ingredients: cream, skim milk, sugar, cocoa powder. Even though it's a cold food, it warms me up within 15-30 minutes. I've seen my body temp jump anywhere from .5 to 1.0 degrees after that ice cream. It doesn't make sense logically, but in reality, that's what happens.