Animal protein is neurotoxic to me

Astolfo

Even tiny amounts give me instant fatigue, tremors and aggravate my dementia/cognitive impairment. What are the possible reasons of this? Lack of bile? Bacterial overgrowth? Something else? (neurotransmitter related)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Even tiny amounts give me instant fatigue, tremors and aggravate my dementia/cognitive impairment. What are the possible reasons of this? Lack of bile? Bacterial overgrowth? Something else? (neurotransmitter related)
You either have bacteria in your stomach that immediately feed on the protein and cause symptoms. Or your digestion is bad and can't completely digest the food, thus causing issues. Or you have bacteria in your small intestine which is causing a lot of issues. Or all of these.

Try drinking a few ounces of coke with it. It helps you digest it. And then see if you still get symptoms. Were you vegan or low protein before this? Do you have any moral qualms past or present with eating meat? If you are emotionally stressed while eating it that could lead to symptoms.

miquelangeles

As Hans said, bacteria in the GI tract is most likely the culprit and possibly some kind of liver dysfunction.
Biogenic amines are produced by bacteria by decarboxylation of amino acids. Some are sympathomimetic and capable of serving as false neurotransmitters.
In low amounts they normally don't have harmful effect on health but when the detoxification ability is disturbed biogenic amines can cause problems.
Watch for other symptoms of a possible infection or dysbiosis, such as bloating or stomach pains after certain foods. Antibiotics such as the helicobacter combo (amoxicillin, clarithromycin) or clarithromycin alone might get rid of the problem. Clarithromycin penetrates very well into soft tissues. Ox bile can be very helpful but if taken for long periods it can cause side effects. TUDCA (or dehydrocholic acid which should be available OTC) can help too. You can add some protease enzymes like papain and bromelain as well.