Animal gender and metabolic/hormonal effects of meat

miquelangeles

Does eating meat/fat from male animals have different metabolic/hormonal effects compared to meat from female animals? Such as masculinizing vs feminizing effects?

Peater

Does eating meat/fat from male animals have different metabolic/hormonal effects compared to meat from female animals? Such as masculinizing vs feminizing effects?

What a fascinating question, I have no idea, I'd never considered it, but it's worth considering.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

What a fascinating question, I have no idea, I'd never considered it, but it's worth considering.

Another question that arises is - castrated vs non-castrated meat.

It is well established that meat naturally contains hormones.

"Boar taint", the offensive odor of pork from non-castrated male pigs is caused by the accumulation of androstenone and skatole in the fat.

P

Peatness

Yes an interesting question. First you will have to define what is meant by masculinizing vs feminizing. Are there parameters and who draws them? Are these measurable? Are they universal? Do they very by age? Etc

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Yes an interesting question. First you will have to define what is meant by masculinizing vs feminizing. Are there parameters and who draws them? Are these measurable? Are they universal? Do they very by age? Etc

Well, the actual hormones are definitely measurable in the meat and fat.
Let's just call the net effects androgenic vs anti-androgenic, as they are commonly discussed here, subjectively of course.

stoic

Hormones definitely play a major role, and it would be silly to relativise their different balance in males and females. At least for humans, it is clear that women who take testosterone tend to develop masculine traits, while men who take estrogen or high dose progesterone tend to develop feminine traits.

P

Peatness

Hormones definitely play a major role, and it would be silly to relativise their different balance in males and females. At least for humans, it is clear that women who take testosterone tend to develop masculine traits, while men who take estrogen or high dose progesterone tend to develop feminine traits.
At the risk of nitpicking it still does not define what those terms mean. How would you know if you have achieve a masculine look for instance?

stoic

At the risk of nitpicking it still does not define what those terms mean. How would you know if you have achieve a masculine look for instance?
I think it does actually, in that a masculine look is one that has been shaped by high levels of androgens.

Just look up what androgenic traits are and you will get your answer.

P

Peatness

I think it does actually, in that a masculine look is one that has been shaped by high levels of androgens.

Just look up what androgenic traits are and you will get your answer.
I did. A lot of images of alopecia show up

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Nitpicking :):

androgenic_traits.jpg

Peater

Is this "There is no such as xxxxulisation" nonsense which seems to creep in everywhere?

There are masculine traits and feminine traits, if anyone wants to argue that with me, save yourself the bother because I will not engage. :rolleyes:

P

Peatness

Grow up I am not interested in those debates. I simply wanted to point out that these things are not fixed and cannot be polarized

Nebula

My brother had to slaughter his older dairy cow and he turned it mostly into ground beef. I’ve noticed it makes me hot in a somewhat uncomfortable way after I consume it. I would guess a dairy cow has a much higher estrogen and prolactin than a steer or bull. Or could it be something else?

stoic

Please stop arguing in bad faith. There is plenty of information on androgens out there, even just on this forum.
Grow up I am not interested in those debates. I simply wanted to point out that these things are not fixed and cannot be polarized
Have you ever heard of sexual dimorphism? These things are polarised, by definition. Exceptions don't make the rule.

P

Peatness

Please stop arguing in bad faith. There is plenty of information on androgens out there, even just on this forum.

Have you ever heard of sexual dimorphism? These things are polarised, by definition. Exceptions don't make the rule.
Please furnish me with the definitions. And if you can't be bothered that suits me fine too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals