Anemia And Hypothyroidism

Green Waters

First post here. Im a male, and my labs have been showing a low MCV and MCH, and slight low hemoglobin for 5 years now at least that I know of. Im on 50 mcg of levothyroxine as of now for a low free T4. Im hoping this will resolve my anemia issues. My ferritin shows 150-200 on all labs. Saturation is normally low, transferrin high, and iron serum is normally slightly low. Its like I got iron thats not being used. I cant see a endo until January, and my doctor is raising my levothyroxine slowly. My question is when I get the correct dosage of Levo and my thyroid finally starts functioning right, would this cure my anemia problem? My B12 and folate are all in range as well. Hematologist ran a bunch of test and all came out normal. It seems hypothyroidism is the factor to my problem. I feel anemic, cold hands and feet, tired, no tolerance for exercise. I just miss my life!!

Jackrabbit

First post here. Im a male, and my labs have been showing a low MCV and MCH, and slight low hemoglobin for 5 years now at least that I know of. Im on 50 mcg of levothyroxine as of now for a low free T4. Im hoping this will resolve my anemia issues. My ferritin shows 150-200 on all labs. Saturation is normally low, transferrin high, and iron serum is normally slightly low. Its like I got iron thats not being used. I cant see a endo until January, and my doctor is raising my levothyroxine slowly. My question is when I get the correct dosage of Levo and my thyroid finally starts functioning right, would this cure my anemia problem? My B12 and folate are all in range as well. Hematologist ran a bunch of test and all came out normal. It seems hypothyroidism is the factor to my problem. I feel anemic, cold hands and feet, tired, no tolerance for exercise. I just miss my life!!
Yes, if you read ray’s article on iron and anemia he says it’s more to do with thyroid.

Lactoferrin is a protein found naturally in mammalian milk which powerfully binds iron. Its role in nature is to prevent iron from being used by bacteria and viruses (which need Iron more than we do to proliferate), and also has the added benefit of preventing Iron from inappropriately oxidizing other nutritional components like the sensitive B vitamins. Unfortunately lactoferrin is destroyed by the homogenization process (not by pasteurization though). Homogenization is when dairy is forced at high speeds through a nozzle to break up the fat globules to mix the fat with the mostly aqueous milk solution. This also destroys lactoferrin. So to supplement lactoferrin requires non-homogenized milk, but is also available as a supplement for purchase, extracted from whey products. It is very beneficial in restraining free and excess Iron.”
From Supplement Guide

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals