Anecdotes - Calcium:phosphate Ratio Improvements Anyone?

are calcium channel blocker peaty?parkinsons disease is dose dependent associated with milk product consumption,not milkfat only though.
have a hunch that its the calcium.PD-people also have higher urinary calcium excretion.there is a part about the 2-part substantia nigra that has a weird
calciumchannel,and that confers special vulnerability to it.

Elize

How much dairy can PD people have. A friend of mine with Parkinsonian symptoms has a lot of milk. Should she stop that?

GreekDemiGod

I've seen the contrary: a few reports about dental health becoming worse after switching to a high Calcium diet.

TheSir

I've seen the contrary: a few reports about dental health becoming worse after switching to a high Calcium diet.
Going by nutritional data does not necessarily translate to an increased intake. Someone could think they're getting a huge amount of calcium due to consuming so much pasteurized dairy, yet only a miniscule amount of this calcium could be bioavailable or in forms that support bone health. Someone else could be getting 90% less calcium than him and still ending up with more calcium in their teeth due to superior sources/forms of calcium.

Beastmode

I don't think it's possible to narrow down benefits from one aspect, C to P ratio. I'm definitely well beyond the 1.3 to 1 ratio of C to P, but it also came with a ton of other basic fundamental changes at the same time. Drinking more milk, eating less meat can improve this ratio quite easily. The cutting out of foods that are high in phosphorus alone can make people feel a lot better. This doesn't always equate with them drinking more milk, etc.

It's a metric I consider in my day to day intake, but only one of many that have to be considered at the same time.

baccheion

It's true. Only way to do higher calcium is with milk.

More calcium than phosphorus revs up thyroid, something that dumps magnesium and zinc. Also need more potassium. 2:1 calcium:magnesium and maybe even more magnesium. And the fat-soluble vitamins.

Thyroid is apparently catabolic to bone. TSH/acetylcholine/etc seems beneficial. Same with calcitriol at regular amounts. Higher amounts (like with megadose D3 and magnesium) of calcitriol also appears a negative, unless maybe with vitamin K2.

tommyg130

It's true. Only way to do higher calcium is with milk.

More calcium than phosphorus revs up thyroid, something that dumps magnesium and zinc. Also need more potassium. 2:1 calcium:magnesium and maybe even more magnesium. And the fat-soluble vitamins.

Thyroid is apparently catabolic to bone. TSH/acetylcholine/etc seems beneficial. Same with calcitriol at regular amounts. Higher amounts (like with megadose D3 and magnesium) of calcitriol also appears a negative, unless maybe with vitamin K2.
Why does increasing thyroid dump zinc and Mg? Is it dumping it or increasing the need for it?

Motorneuron

@tommyg130 I think he was referring to calcium in isolation. Magnesium and zinc are supposed to be antagonistic towards him. 🤔

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals