Anecdotes - Calcium:phosphate Ratio Improvements Anyone?

is there anyone who has observed specific benefits whenever they made a point to change their calcium to phosphate ratio in the diet?
Basically cutting out meat, beans, nuts, and possibly all rice including white while also supplementing egg shell or bone grinds, drinking milk, eating ice cream, and/or having yogurt.

I know it keeps PTH down which keeps calcium in the hard tissue opposed to the blood & soft tissue.

This is all great and well, but what are some physical cues that anyone has experienced which might reflect a an adequate phosphate: calcium ratio in a positive light?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I notice warmer feet and better sleep when my calcium:phosphorus ratio is 1:1. I use primarily eggshells for calcium.

lampofred

I think I become a calmer & nicer person, too much phosphate puts me in a more "fiery", me vs the world mind state. Which makes sense to me because I think calcium is the main thing that lowers serotonin.

Maybe not as "physical" a change as you were looking for though

Last edited:

tallglass13

for me, while avoiding meat as much as I can, and increasing cheese, raw skimmed milk, ice cream, I notice better moods and I feel better looking. Meat tends to make me look older and drier, with a puffy face.

Cirion

I'm new to bringing back milk, but some teeth issues I was having seem to be alleviating quickly, will see for sure next dental checkup, I think I still will be forced to get fillings done, but such is life.

I have noticed my ears get warmer with milk though, which is probably a good thing (extremities being warmer).

It hasn't fixed my waking body temperatures which is what I'd hope it would do, but we shall see, I probably need more time on it.

baccheion

for me, while avoiding meat as much as I can, and increasing cheese, raw skimmed milk, ice cream, I notice better moods and I feel better looking. Meat tends to make me look older and drier, with a puffy face.
Does meat have the same effect when taken with enough gelatin/glycine/collagen to balance the glycine : (methionine + L-tryptophan + L-cysteine) ratio?

Waremu

I have been doing a dairy-free experiment for a few months now. About enough time to start paying attention to differences in how I feel as being more important or reactive to dietary changes. I normally got an average of 1:5:1 calcium to phosphorus before doing the experiment, mainly from my high intake of A-2 raw cows and goat milk. After starting the experiment, my calcium to phosphorus normally fell below 1:1 due to the lack of dairy, though I still tried to keep calcium up as high as possible and it skewed to a more favorable ratio with high calcium non-dairy foods like bok choy, etc. Within weeks I noticed my sleep start to suffer and hair quality went down a bit. I noticed I was more reactive to stressful situations in a stressful way, and felt less come, more wired. To find out if this was caused by the decreased calcium intake and higher phosphorus ratio, I started adding in some calcium from an egg shell and high grade calcium supplement. Within hours I felt/noticed a calming-anti-stress effect. As I speculated, it was the lack of calcium, at least to a large degree. It was similar tot he anti-stress effects and calming effects I get from milk, but to a lesser degree. The anti-stress effect seems more profound with dairy/milk calcium, but it was nevertheless there from the supplement. This also matches my experiences with how I felt when I did periods of consuming milk and ditching milk while getting regular blood tests. My PTH and prolactin always would increase when I ditched milk. But it seems that those are some of the physical cues I would get, which do seem PTH and prolactin related. Overall, I felt more easy to be bothered by small things, less relaxed, and teeth quality suffered from the lack of dairy. I think I see myself eventually adding milk back in. The benefits I get from it seem to be too important to me. But still am going to give my experiment more time. Even eggshell calcium or calcium supplements don't seem to offer me the anti-stress benefits to the same degree that milk does. Calcium supplements seem too hard on my digestive system as well.

Kram

I think I become a calmer & nicer person, too much phosphate puts me in a more "fiery", me vs the world mind state. Which makes sense to me because I think calcium is the main thing that lowers serotonin.

Maybe not as "physical" a change as you were looking for though
Through what mechanism does calcium lower serotonin?

_lppaiva

My experience: Where I live we have a great local cheese which has a 5:1 phosphate to Calcium ratio. That means I don't need to cut out Meat so much, since it's easier to balance it out than with the Milk, which has higher phosphate.

I am not sure if it is due to the calcium or all the other Nutrients, but I have felt consistently better when drinking Sugared Milk. I probably average around 21oz a Day, and specially when I add some salt and collagen, it has a really calming effect.

I say I don't know if it's the calcium because I haven't eaten the local cheese for some days and am still experiencing benefits. It is high in fat so I have to be really careful with dosing.

I do know calcium is really essential for a lot of metabolic functions and high phosphate consumption is associated with cancer, that plus what I've heard that what matters more is the ratio rather than amounts. So I think even if you don't feel that much difference, it still on the safer side to consume at least enough to oppose phosphate, at least as prevention

Lejeboca

I notice warmer feet and better sleep when my calcium:phosphorus ratio is 1:1. I use primarily eggshells for calcium.

Same for me, except that with eggshells my total Ca:P is higher than 1:1. The sleep is really good if take some eggshell powder before bed.

Last edited:

Inaut

Sugar’d milk and collagen is my jam these days. I drink atleast 1.333333333333333 litres of milk daily and have reduced meat intake substantially without feeling unsatisfied foodually. My hair seems healthier too (could be compounded by other factor—probably). I’m buying organic whole milk now simply because of the lack of added vitamin a and processing. I’m actually going to have a glass now guys. ✌️ out

OP
Twohandsondeck
too much phosphate puts me in a more "fiery", me vs the world mind state.
I appreciate this description. I can understand where you're coming from. Seems to fall in line with the other comments in this thread saying that they feel less likely to become irritated and get better sleep on average.

Meat tends to make me look older and drier, with a puffy face.
Now that you mention it, the following day that I consume 10-16 ounces of lean meat I'll have a puffy face as well. I've never thought to attribute it to a high phosphate intake... Always assumed it was from jerking off, being overtrained, poor sleep or an excess of starch the night before. Something to pay more attention to, nice tip.

My PTH and prolactin always would increase when I ditched milk.
Noted.

Calcium supplements seem too hard on my digestive system as well.
I can relate to this. Eggshell powder and bone calcium both haven't felt great in the past, but perhaps I'll try lowering & splitting the doses in the future.

I add some salt and collagen
Never considered adding salt and collagen to milk, but that's a sweet idea. I'd imagine it's pretty sedating. Will try that out as a bedtime tonic one day soon.

The sleep is really good if take some eggshell powder before bed.
Also noted!

ExCarniv

Yesterday I had low Ca:Phos ratio, almost 1.2 and got a really poor sleep.

Ran out of milk and cheese and pay the price lol.

magnesiumania

I did benefit a lot from calsium chloride which i think is a safe and effective source of supplemental calsium. (Carolyn Deans product). However i notice nothing from calsium anymore and think im somewhat saturated unable to metabolize more in a functional way.

Elize

introduced Lactaid milk about 4 months ago. Ended up to 4 glasses of milk per day. I had ultrasound done to check on an existing ovarian cyst. It's still 9 mm as before. On my left ovary was found a calcification spot, that was not there 4 months ago. Could it be the milk? I only take Tirosint-Sol for Thyroid nothing else not even supplements right now. Dr thought I was using calcium supplements and I am not

baccheion

Is the drying/old effect from red meat due to low calcium:phosphorus? Low PUFA? High stress from digestion? Low glycine/gelatin/collagen? What is it?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lejeboca

introduced Lactaid milk about 4 months ago. Ended up to 4 glasses of milk per day. I had ultrasound done to check on an existing ovarian cyst. It's still 9 mm as before. On my left ovary was found a calcification spot, that was not there 4 months ago. Could it be the milk? I only take Tirosint-Sol for Thyroid nothing else not even supplements right now. Dr thought I was using calcium supplements and I am not

When I up my Ca I always make sure I am upping my Vit D. also, and I supplement with Vit. K now and then. I've heard Ray saying recently that these vitamins put and keep Ca in the bones and help to avoid soft tissue calcification (I think it was on the latest One Radio Network Show, but I am not sure.)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals