Androsterone

Any reason why I shouldn’t use androsterone to lower chronically elevated prolactin and estrogen as an 18 year old male?

milkboi

I‘m 21 and I use it for the same purpose. Consensus around here seems to be to take steroids like Androsterone, T, DHT etc. with steroids like Pregnenolone, DHEA etc. to avoid shutdown of the HTPA-axis.

And btw I‘d advise you to make your thread titles more specific.

shine

Have you tried Vitamin E and the fat soluble vitamins in general first?

it would be on the end of my list.

I would be doing nutrition and lifestyle and over time if that didn't work I'd probably try something else. It is extreme to be taking hormones and pro hormones like this when you are so young without trying many other things first.

T

TheBeard

I‘m 21 and I use it for the same purpose. Consensus around here seems to be to take steroids like Androsterone, T, DHT etc. with steroids like Pregnenolone, DHEA etc. to avoid shutdown of the HTPA-axis.

Wrong.

The goal when taking DHEA and Preg along is not to prevent shut down, but to backfill the hormone cascade down from cholesterol.

DHEA and preg shut you down just as much as other hormones that are more downstream.

RobertJM

Wrong.

The goal when taking DHEA and Preg along is not to prevent shut down, but to backfill the hormone cascade down from cholesterol.

DHEA and preg shut you down just as much as other hormones that are more downstream.

Is that what Peat has said about DHEA and preg? Ive never noticed shut down upon stopping, and been using them years now, but never at high dosages admittedly.

baccheion

I don't know, puberty? Fix any nutrient deficiencies. Fat-soluble vitamins alone can crash estrogen, so they should be sufficient.

In addition, you could figure out why prolactin is higher. Bad diet? Low vitamin D? High phosphorus? Low calcium? Too much masturbation? High stress? Impaired thyroid? Etc.

What was TSH, fT4, fT3, etc?

RobertJM

I thought it was a brilliant title. Very direct and straight to the point. Bish bash bosh. No messing.

T

TheBeard

Is that what Peat has said about DHEA and preg? Ive never noticed shut down upon stopping, and been using them years now, but never at high dosages admittedly.

I don’t know what Peat says.

I go by personal experiment and studies

RobertJM

I don’t know what Peat says.

I go by personal experiment and studies

Are you going to post these studies then?

I didn't mean that Peat was an authority on the subject, but I think it’s safe to say he knows a little more than you do about it and , let’s face it, he’s very good at critically analysing studies and exposing them for what they really are, or what possible bias might be at play. There are many variables to a study and many things that can make it worthless.

As for experience, your experience alone means very little. However, if you say to me that there are countless anecdotes scattered across the internet of people experiencing this, then it suddenly becomes very interesting. I might do some google searches to see what comes up. Of course you’re always going to get some cases to fit your narrative or belief. You’ll have people out there who say that they’ve experienced ‘shut down of androgens’ just from stepping out of their front door each day.

Risingfire

Wrong.

How much preg did you take to get HPTA shutdown? I've never experienced that

LuMonty

I had the same issues starting at 16 and I'm 26 now. I'd strongly advise getting your androgen, thyroid, and iron levels checked. Vitamin and mineral panels would be good if the rest show normal (for your age, don't listen to what doctors say). In my case, I was losing blood and iron from parasites. I've used androsterone and Haidut's Gonadin product and never had suppression despite my dismal health. If you could, tell us the physical and mental issues that are manifesting. If they're not bad yet, I'd try to fix things first. That being said, life doesn't wait and small amounts of androsterone won't cause suppression.

OP
A
Okay so the issues I have are very poor flaccid hang, sleep terribly, am 18 and still barely have any chest or facial hair whatsoever voice is still very high pitch and I have to be assertive at my job but no one takes me seriously because of my voice and very very young appearanceI have read that elevated prolactin delays puberty I have tried many different things, diet Change, supplements like Mucuna, ashwagandha, and many androgenic herbs non of them have really helped I didn’t think using small amounts of androsterone would hurt I was thinking 1 drop on each nipple every day and I am also interested in 11-ketoDHT.

Last edited:
OP
A
Also have puffy nipples, fat that will not go away as hard as I try body looks the same it did when I was 13 hands, head, feet. Just feel very underdeveloped from high prolactin. As for the reason I have high prolactin is that I used to be PMO Addicted from a very young age.

T

TheBeard

Okay so the issues I have are very poor flaccid hang, sleep terribly, am 18 and still barely have any chest or facial hair whatsoever voice is still very high pitch and I have to be assertive at my job but no one takes me seriously because of my voice and very very young appearanceI have read that elevated prolactin delays puberty I have tried many different things, diet Change, supplements like Mucuna, ashwagandha, and many androgenic herbs non of them have really helped I didn’t think using small amounts of androsterone would hurt I was thinking 1 drop on each nipple every day and I am also interested in 11-ketoDHT.

I would try DHEA and Exemestane

baccheion

Any labs to verify your claims? A comprehensive hormone, thyroid, and nutrient/NutrEval panel. Maybe even genetic and food sensitivity testing.

Again, your concerns are likely addressable with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids (good thing, given your age). Apply MSM lotion topically if acne concerns.

OP
A
So if I take a very low dose for 3 weeks on 2 weeks off I would notice suppression? I was thinking one drop on each nipple my goals are to become more masculine such as: harder muscles, more facial hair growth, more body hair growth, lower prolactin, higher GABA ect. Any advice on how I should cycle it?

T

TheBeard

So if I take a very low dose for 3 weeks on 2 weeks off I would notice suppression? I was thinking one drop on each nipple my goals are to become more masculine such as: harder muscles, more facial hair growth, more body hair growth, lower prolactin, higher GABA ect. Any advice on how I should cycle it?

You’re in for one big deception if you think a few drops of androsterone will achieve this.
I’ve used much larger doses of much more androgenic compounds, with almost no changes.

You’ll have to accept most these changes were determined by your hormone exposure in the womb and during puberty.
Past this, there’s only so much you can do, don’t get your hopes too high

OP
A
Well I’m still in puberty and the research I’ve done and testimonials I’ve see makes me really want to try it I’m thinking one drop on each nipple and 2 other drops on abs or forearms @Hans actually made me want to try it really badly from
Natural supremacy.