baccheion

Any idea if andro applied to the beard would boost it's growth? Or would you recommend some other androgen for that? I'm mainly talking about the area between cheeks and mouth, growth is sparse there.

Some people use minoxidil for this, but I'd rather avoid that face-bloating POS, and the growth you obtain with it is temporary anyways (goes away when you quit). Since androgens are known for maturation of body hair I was wondering if it was possible to improve beard density/thickness with them applied topically...
MSM flakes (add 1g/week until taking 10g 2x/day, then switch to 2g 2x/day as maintenance; 4g:1g MSM + C; 500-1,000 mcg molybdenum to support sulfate metabolism) and MSM lotion filled mine in.

Incomplete beard implies lower androgens, and more importantly, higher estrogens.

Stramonium

I don't mean to bash on this product but I was experiencing some bad hair shedding while I was on it for a year or so on the recommended serving dose (2-3 drops). I thought it was the Progest E I was combining with it and I stopped taking both for a while and then reintroduced Progest E withouth Androsterone. My drain is no longer clogged with hair, perhaps it was making too much of a metabolic boost for me, who knows

Last edited:

shine

Any idea if andro applied to the beard would boost it's growth? Or would you recommend some other androgen for that? I'm mainly talking about the area between cheeks and mouth, growth is sparse there.

Some people use minoxidil for this, but I'd rather avoid that face-bloating POS, and the growth you obtain with it is temporary anyways (goes away when you quit). Since androgens are known for maturation of body hair I was wondering if it was possible to improve beard density/thickness with them applied topically...

Andro makes my beard grow faster. It got darker too. I apply on arms, shoulders or nipples though, not in the face.
When I was younger, taking Tribulus extract really jumpstarted my beard growth. They both increase DHT.

andrei

Hello @haidut i currently have some androsterone and am using only 1 drop per day. At such a dose, it may last me for 2 years. Can I use it within 2 years? Or does it go bad?

baccheion

This seems strange to me, so if I tan easily estrogen might be high ?
Estrogen tanning is ever-present and usually due to reactive oxygen species, oxidation, inflammation, and somewhat due to direct interaction with melanocytes.

Last edited:

milkboi

I feel like Androsterone + Preg + DHEA really takes away anxiety in social situations, makes me very calm. Interestingly, I don‘t notice the anxiolytic effects when by myself.

japanesedude

How long will it take to recover from it's LH suppression?
Should I use Andro only ocationally? soon I will no longer be able to stack it with DHEA and Pregnenolone(both became illegal in japan) so I'm lil bit nervous.

milkboi

Should I use Andro only ocationally? soon I will no longer be able to stack it with DHEA and Pregnenolone(both became illegal in japan) so I'm lil bit nervous.

Wow man, sorry to hear that. :(

Sheik

Did they just become illegal in Japan recently? Do you know why?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

There are several reports of both androsterone and Pansterone making beard much thicker and also growing faster when applied to the face. I don't have the exact links but these were fairly recent reports so if you go through the last 5 pages of the androsterone and Pansterone threads you should be able to find them.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello @haidut i currently have some androsterone and am using only 1 drop per day. At such a dose, it may last me for 2 years. Can I use it within 2 years? Or does it go bad?

FDA mandates all liquid products to be advertised with no more than 12 month shelf life. So, legally we cannot advocate using it.

Experienced

EDIT: Since I keep getting questions about androsterone, here is Ray's response when asked about it:
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread
"...I think it would be safe enough to try in treating cancer or brain degenerative diseases."

Here is one reference that gives backing to his statement above:
Antitumor Steroids - ScienceDirect
"...Androsterone (11) effected a 63% inhbition of bronchiogenic carcinoma A-42, 42% inhibition of epidermoid carcinoma HEp3, 81% inhibition of sarcoma HS1, and 35% inhbition of intestinal adenocarcinoma HAd1, all tested in egg [9]."

Unlike other products that we have released over the years, this one is almost completely unknown outside bodybuilding circles. Even among die-hard bodybuilders it is mostly known as its ability to function as pro-hormone for more potent androgens like DHT and 5-androstanedione. See attached images for the pathways of androsterone conversion back into androgens like DHT.

Inactivation of androgens by UDP-glucuronosyltransferase enzymes in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
The backdoor pathway to dihydrotestosterone. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Because androsterone is an efficient precursor of DHT, a moderate production rate might produce a considerable physiological effect, even if androsterone is not the most abundant 19-carbon steroid produced in 21OHD."

Androsterone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"...Androsterone, or 3α-hydroxy-5α-androstan-17-one, is an endogenous steroid hormone, neurosteroid, and putative pheromone.[1] It is a weak androgen with a potency that is approximately 1/7th that of testosterone.[2]In addition, it can be converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) from 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, bypassing conventional intermediates such as androstenedione and testosterone, and as such, can be considered to be a metabolic intermediate in its own right.[3][4] Androsterone is also known to be an inhibitory androstane neurosteroid,[5][6] acting as a positive allosteric modulator of theGABAA receptor,[7] and possesses anticonvulsant effects.[8] The unnatural enantiomer of androsterone is more potent as a positive allosteric modulator of GABAA receptors and as an anticonvulsant than the natural form.[9] Androsterone's 3β-isomer is epiandrosterone, and its 5β-epimer is etiocholanolone."

Dihydrotestosterone synthesis pathways from inactive androgen 5α-androstane-3β,17β-diol in prostate cancer cells: Inhibition of intratumoural 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activities by abiraterone : Scientific Reports
Androgen deprivation promotes intratumoral synthesis of dihydrotestosterone from androgen metabolites in prostate cancer
Dihydrotestosterone synthesis bypasses testosterone to drive castration-resistant prostate cancer
"...The four 5α-reduced 19-carbon steroids [5α-dione, DHT, androsterone, and Adiol] are interconvertible through reversible reactions (Fig. 1). Comparison of the accumulation of total 5α-reduced steroids with [3H]-AD and [3H]-T treatments further shows that AD→5α-dione is the dominant entryway to 5α-reduced steroids (Fig. 2E)."

However, androsterone is a very interesting steroid in its own right and for a lack of a better analogy I would call it the "mirror image of DHT" due to identical structure but with reversed functional groups. It also seems to share quite a few of progesterone's effects - i.e. anti-estrogenic, sedative, anti-convulsant, pro-thyroid, pro-metabolic, brain protective, promoting insulin sensitivity, anti-adrenaline, anti-cortisol, anti-cancer, anti-depressant, etc. Some studies have gone as far as to suggest that it is androsterone that is the actual steroid with real metabolic activity while all other steroids before it in the pathways (including T and DHT) are the actual pro-hormones.

Studies with Androsterone-3-3H,4-14C | The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism | Oxford Academic
"...These two studies demonstrate the surprising extent to which an important, biologically active, hormone metabolite is further utilized in vivo in man. They raise many further problems. Perhaps the most important of these is the fate of the large portion that was not detected in urine or feces. From the extent of the oxidation of the C-3 hydroxyl group, it might be concluded that a part of the androsterone could serve an important function in man as the coenzyme in a transhydrogenase system, as has indeed been demonstrated with bacterial (15) and rat liver (16) preparations."
"...In view of its biological activity and its participation in oxidation-reduction systems, it seems clear that androsterone may have metabolic functions equal to those of the hormones which generate it. Since, with the exception of testosterone, the physiological role of the other androgens is unclear, it is perhaps not too speculative to suggest that one function of these hormones may be the production of this important "metabolite."

Unlike progesterone androsterone does not have the potential for anti-androgenic effects of high doses progesterone in males. It is truly a pity that this amazing chemical saw so much research in the middle of the 20th century and even wild commercial success as the drug Atromid, only to be forgotten and replaced by much more toxic alternatives.

Disclaimer: The fact that this post and product description contain quotes from Ray Peat does not mean he endorses/approves of this product. His opinions on a chemical may change when new evidence becomes available in the future, so future inquiries about a chemical, solvent, ingredients, etc contained in this product may elicit a different response than his quotes included in this post. Please seek his opinion independently on any chemical, solvent, ingredient, etc that you may have concerns/questions about.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate or suggest optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BlueSky, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab

Androsterone is an androgenic steroid derived via the activity of the enzyme 5-AR and is a donwstream metabolite of the more potent androgen DHT. Like all 5-AR derived androgens, androsterone displays anti-estrogenic and anti-glucocorticoid activity and in addition serves as a pro-hormone for DHT and other potent androgens. In addition, androsterone is a neurosteroid with potent GABA agonist activity, and is known to function as a pheromone in many animal species including humans. It has been shown to possess anti-depressant and anti-proliferative effects. Perhaps most importantly, it has been found to act like as a potent thyroid mimetic / surrogate and as such to increase basal temperature, oxygen consumption and lower lipid levels in humans.

Drops per container: about 240
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Androsterone: 1 mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:

1. Androgenic / pro-sexual
Remarkable Synergistic Anabolic /androgenic Effect Of Androsterone And DHEA Combination
Androsterone - Androgenic Neurosteroid Required For Male Sexual Behavior
Androsterone - The Legal Pro-hormone For Potent 5-AR Derived Androgens

2. Anti-estrogenic
Androsterone - A Potent Steroidal Aromatase Inhibitor

3. Thyroid mimetic / surrogate
Androsterone - The Forgotten But Potent Thyroid Mimetic
Androsterone Is A Potent Agonist / Activator Of The Farnesoid X Receptor (FXR)

4. Anti-adrenaline
Androsterone Inhibits Catecholamine Release

5. Anti-cancer
Androsterone - A Neurosteroid With Anti-cancer Activity

6. Insulin resistance / sensitivity, diabetes
Androsterone - A Potential Treatment For Insulin Resistance And Diabetes

7. Neurosteroid / Mood
Androsterone - An Andidepressant Neurosteroid
The Antidepressant Mechanism Of Androsterone
Androsterone - A Potent Anxiolytic, Sedative, And Anti-convulsant Neurosteroid

Can a 18 year old use androsterone? If so how can we use it and which of your product can I use also more? And are they prescribed topical?

Best Regards ,

Yahya

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can a 18 year old use androsterone? If so how can we use it and which of your product can I use also more? And are they prescribed topical?

Best Regards ,

Yahya

Most people stack androsterone with Pansterone in a ratio 1:3. So that means 5mg androsterone daily combined with 5mg Pansterone (4 drops) up to 3 times daily. All products are for topical use but as you can see from the thread some people prefer to use orally/sublingually, which we cannot officially endorse.

Experienced

Most people stack androsterone with Pansterone in a ratio 1:3. So that means 5mg androsterone daily combined with 5mg Pansterone (4 drops) up to 3 times daily. All products are for topical use but as you can see from the thread some people prefer to use orally/sublingually, which we cannot officially endorse.

Sounds good! Does it legally ship to The Netherlands? I'm planning on ordering it soon after the summer Vacation . I Just have to research a little bit more.

And I started using L-Theanine powder form and taking it together with Coffee . Are you still taking 800 MG of theanine? I'm such a huge fan of your scientific study threads. I'm also doing Intermittent Fasting and Keto diet. 18 to 21 hours of fasting with something near to 3 - 4 hours eating window. Is it bad to do those stuff ? Because I'm overweight and also lost alot of weight in 3 weeks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sounds good! Does it legally ship to The Netherlands? I'm planning on ordering it soon after the summer Vacation . I Just have to research a little bit more.

And I started using L-Theanine powder form and taking it together with Coffee . Are you still taking 800 MG of theanine? I'm such a huge fan of your scientific study threads. I'm also doing Intermittent Fasting and Keto diet. 18 to 21 hours of fasting with something near to 3 - 4 hours eating window. Is it bad to do those stuff ? Because I'm overweight and also lost alot of weight in 3 weeks.

We can ship to NL but as far as whether androsterone is legal there - you'd have to verify this yourself. Theanine is great for lowering brain serotonin and even 200mg have noticeable effect.

Experienced

We can ship to NL but as far as whether androsterone is legal there - you'd have to verify this yourself. Theanine is great for lowering brain serotonin and even 200mg have noticeable effect.
I think it's very noticable that L-Theanine Lowers Serotonin my question was do you also take it yourself? How far have you been noticing it . Such a huge dream came true to chat with you for a little bit.:cool: I'm 100% going to order Androsterone soon , so is only androsterone enough to order or do I also have to take it with other things like you mentioned before Pansterone or something? o_O

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals