OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OK, I've just ordered some Androsterone. As a pre-menopausal female (27) would this hypothetically be most optimally stacked with Progesterone and DHEA? DHEA on its own normally aromatizes in a bad way for me. I've only recently been able to tolerate taking progesterone again. As someone who is normally v bisexual - and although predominantly sexually active with men, don't usually find myself attracted to masculine traits, taking progesterone produces much more hetero behaviour and I find myself attracted to and even seeking out these masculine traits. Is there a general consensus for female rat experiences? A bit laborious to parse through the entire 71-page thread. Also the consensus on SFA vs tocopherols for this product? Best dosage to minimize down-regulation?

I think progesterone/DHEA would typically be enough for a female. Androsterone is often used in efforts to increase androgens and/or suppress estrogen. What would be the reason for using androsterone, if I may ask?

vetiver

I think progesterone/DHEA would typically be enough for a female. Androsterone is often used in efforts to increase androgens and/or suppress estrogen. What would be the reason for using androsterone, if I may ask?

My interest was piqued from those studies you posted regarding it's thyromimetic properties and effects against gout. I don't have gout but as I'm currently taking many supplements that raise uric acid and have a tendency towards kidney stones it's something I'm looking to prevent. I suspect low androgens due to mixed connective tissue/autoimmune disease. Also hoping that due to it's anti-estrogen properties it will prevent DHEA from aromatising.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My interest was piqued from those studies you posted regarding it's thyromimetic properties and effects against gout. I don't have gout but as I'm currently taking many supplements that raise uric acid and have a tendency towards kidney stones it's something I'm looking to prevent. I suspect low androgens due to mixed connective tissue/autoimmune disease. Also hoping that due to it's anti-estrogen properties it will prevent DHEA from aromatising.

OK, in that case it is probably worth trying. Most people on the forum reported best results from 3mg-5mg androsterone daily, especially when combined with other steroids like pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I'm in ketosis, can I still benefits from androsterone or it's necessary have carbs as a fuel?

I don't think ketosis is beneficial. Be that as it may, not sure how ketosis will interfere with androsterone. It should still be able to exert its effects.

Antonello

I don't think ketosis is beneficial. Be that as it may, not sure how ketosis will interfere with androsterone. It should still be able to exert its effects.
I found ketosis the best method for clear lactic acid that after one year of supplementation with Bs and high carb I only got worse.
Androsterone is still my favourite supplement and I can take it at night when I have most of my carbs

Mine did and in fact went over the upper limit while taking only androsterone. But my DHT levels were already close to the upper limit before that so maybe I am not the best example. Hopefully, somebody else will chime in as well.
What we’re your baseline DHT levels before androsterone?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The lab in my area is 30-85 ng so if Georgi went in there they would have to set a new reference range :woot:

My lab (LabCorp) reports slightly different ranges every time but on that test the upper limit was 90.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Jeez that’s damn good. What we’re you at on androsterone?

At some point it went up to 127 and then I stopped because my doctor freaked out. There is post from another person here whose DHT went sky-high and he also used androsterone. I think the report is a few pages earlier in this thread.

At some point it went up to 127 and then I stopped because my doctor freaked out. There is post from another person here whose DHT went sky-high and he also used androsterone. I think the report is a few pages earlier in this thread.
I would be over joyed if I could restore my natural levels to 88ng! Although that seems like quite a lofty goal.

firebreather

@haidut

My androsterone arrived today. As always you ship super fast.

I took 4 drops around 12:30 after lunch.

Rubbed it into my forearm

Definitely not what I expected.

About 10 minutes later I started feeling my heart pounding. My pulse rate is the same but it's like my heart is just thumping harder than normal.

Definitely not a relaxing feeling or a feeling of decreased adrenaline.

Any suggestions?

shine

@haidut

My androsterone arrived today. As always you ship super fast.

I took 4 drops around 12:30 after lunch.

Rubbed it into my forearm

Definitely not what I expected.

About 10 minutes later I started feeling my heart pounding. My pulse rate is the same but it's like my heart is just thumping harder than normal.

Definitely not a relaxing feeling or a feeling of decreased adrenaline.

Any suggestions?

Just start with 1 drop. I never take more than two per dose. Did you eat enough? It is pro-metabolic and without enough fuel to burn it can cause a stress reaction.

Last edited:

firebreather

Just start with 1 drop. I never take more than two per dose. Did you eat enough? It is pro-metabolic and without enough fuel to burn it can cause a stress reaction.

Very good to know. I probably didn't eat enough but my appetite has really sucked for quite a while now.

Definitely will be doing just 1 drop tomorrow

Do you think androsterone can bump up baseline DHT levels slowly over time given that you stay under 5mgs? I just got my bottle and was thinking of using it sparingly and in very low doses for my rat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals