OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I was sort of wondering about the pros & cons of this vs T3 (if there is anything that can be noncontentiously, or perhaps revelatorily, declared), as NDT hardly does anything for me chronically.

In combination with DHEA, this seems to be able to fully replace the effects of thyroid for me.

Makrosky

Like I said in previous threads and Peat has confirmed in emails directly to him - neither pregnenolone nor DHEA are known to cause suppression. Pregnenolone has no known suppressive effects in any dose, while DHEA is known not to be suppressive in doses below 50mg. And I hope nobody is taking anywhere close to 50mg DHEA.
The DHT-cousins like 11-keto DHT can cause suppression but only in high doses. In doses of 25mg and under, which again are the ideal doses for most people, it should not cause suppression while at the same time lowering estrogen, cortisol and prolactin. Andorsterone has been in use under the name Atromid and given in hundreds of milligrams per day. Suppression was noted in doses of 200mg given several times daily by injection. Again, nothing like the doses that can be achieved with our product. Overall, if you use the products at or below the recommended doses on the bottle there should not be any suppression. But as usual we recommend asking a doctor before using it and discussing with her/him the proper doses. Usually, adding pregnenolone to any of the other steroid supplements helps to greatly reduce risk of suppression.
Would you mind commenting on that ? Why is it that PREG reduces the risk of suppresion ?

Have not heard form him about this, but I have not asked either. Androsterone is actually the exact same molecule as DHT, the only difference being the reversed position of the hydroxyl and ketone groups. Given how similar the effects are to progesterone I doubt he will have a problem with it, but I will send him a bottle this week to try. I am trying to stay away from him commenting on specific product, including mine. But if I gear from him I'll post it here.
Man, you know we would die for hearing Peat himself comment about these new substances like 11-keto DHT, Androsterone, etc...

Specially Androsterone, it looks promising, really... Raises temps and metabolism like thyroid, reduces anxiety and depression, protective, etc. Looks like the Holy Grial.

Regina

I do get a very pronounced thermogenic effects with, especially when combined with equal amounts DHEA. Like I said in other threads, I am also trying not to use thyroid. I carry some T3 in my keychain, as well as some cypro, but those are small doses and used for emergency only. Most of the time I get by with eating and some caffeine. Now with androsterone, even caffeine seems like overkill and actually gives me fever.
Haidut, what might be feelings/symptoms that would indicate to you to take a hit of that cypro? Thx

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have no idea how to search for something so vague, so Im going to have to ask here. Why?

Because I am still wary of the suppression thyroid can cause to the gland. I know it is not supposed to happen unless taken in doses that really raise your temps, but I try to rely on diet as much as possible. I think Peat himself does the same - i.e. takes thyroid as needed, not on a regular basis.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would you mind commenting on that ? Why is it that PREG reduces the risk of suppresion ?

Man, you know we would die for hearing Peat himself comment about these new substances like 11-keto DHT, Androsterone, etc...

Specially Androsterone, it looks promising, really... Raises temps and metabolism like thyroid, reduces anxiety and depression, protective, etc. Looks like the Holy Grial.

Because pregnenolone stimulates its own production and also the steroidogenic enzymes downstream. This is why pregnenolone + DHEA is so much more potent than just DHEA or just pregnenolone. Pregnenolone on its own ends up mostly as progesterone. DHEA on its own ends up mostly as DHEA-S and maybe even estrone if your are under stress. But with pregnenolone, not only is DHEA-S forced to keep converting downstream into whatever is needed but also it keeps the DHEA from turning into estrone (though the androstenedione pathway).
Ask bodybuilders who run heavy steroids and suppress themselves completely - pregnenolone is the way to go for the ones that know how to use it. Ray also recommended it 100mg pregnenolone and 5mg DHEA to a user who told Peat he got suppressed by taking too much DHT.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, what might be feelings/symptoms that would indicate to you to take a hit of that cypro? Thx

Impending feeling of the "flu" symptoms like fever chills, etc. Fatigue from overexertion to the point of yawning every few seconds and feeling really sleepy (serotonin). Feeling of too much stress that does not seem to be abating for days (work, family, etc). It's different for everybody but these are some of my examples.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

As long as you don't abuse it and take within the general guidelines of 15mg total daily dose of each (5mg +5mg of each steriod in each dose) it should also avoid suppression of endogenous steroid production.

Last edited:

CKA

So why not add at least equal amount pregnenolone to the equal doses of androsterone and DHEA?

I was thinking of ordering mitolipin, pansterone, and androsterone for a 30 day pufa depletion experiment on my rat.

Would you expect this to have any conflicts together with a fat-free diet?

Makrosky

Because pregnenolone stimulates its own production and also the steroidogenic enzymes downstream. This is why pregnenolone + DHEA is so much more potent than just DHEA or just pregnenolone. Pregnenolone on its own ends up mostly as progesterone. DHEA on its own ends up mostly as DHEA-S and maybe even estrone if your are under stress. But with pregnenolone, not only is DHEA-S forced to keep converting downstream into whatever is needed but also it keeps the DHEA from turning into estrone (though the androstenedione pathway).
Ask bodybuilders who run heavy steroids and suppress themselves completely - pregnenolone is the way to go for the ones that know how to use it. Ray also recommended it 100mg pregnenolone and 5mg DHEA to a user who told Peat he got suppressed by taking too much DHT.
Thanks so much for the answer!!!!

Regina

Impending feeling of the "flu" symptoms like fever chills, etc. Fatigue from overexertion to the point of yawning every few seconds and feeling really sleepy (serotonin). Feeling of too much stress that does not seem to be abating for days (work, family, etc). It's different for everybody but these are some of my examples.
Thanks for answering! The "yawning every few seconds" happens when I am scared of the technique being worked on in aikido. Like certain choke holds and a certain elbow lock. My teacher once said, "Are we boring you?" because I was uncontrollably yawning while watching and had a horrible chemical taste in my mouth. Fear/stress=very nasty.

ejalrp

Having problems with the new "shopping bag". I cannot open it and proceed with the purchase. I've turned off all ad-blockers but still, no go. Are there any work arounds?

sladerunner69

Because I am still wary of the suppression thyroid can cause to the gland. I know it is not supposed to happen unless taken in doses that really raise your temps, but I try to rely on diet as much as possible. I think Peat himself does the same - i.e. takes thyroid as needed, not on a regular basis.

Haduit, I am curious as to whether you still include BCAA's + tyrosine, taurine, lysine, in your regular supplement routine? I remember you posting about these amino acids that function similar to neurotransmitters, but haven't seen you post about them in some time. I assume you simply moved on to other lines of research.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haduit, I am curious as to whether you still include BCAA's + tyrosine, taurine, lysine, in your regular supplement routine? I remember you posting about these amino acids that function similar to neurotransmitters, but haven't seen you post about them in some time. I assume you simply moved on to other lines of research.

I take very few supplements on a regular basis. Basically, I experiment with some stuff for a while until I feel confident of its effects on me and then keep it handy as needed. So, I don't take the BCAA/tyrosine combo regularly but as needed - i.e. to prevent fatigue from a game of soccer or something. My goal is to have a list of powerful tools that can be used as needed, but I don't want take stuff on a regular basis (if possible). For now, I am making an exception for androsterone since I get really good effects from it (especially in combination with Pansterone).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

dd99

Thanks for answering! The "yawning every few seconds" happens when I am scared of the technique being worked on in aikido. Like certain choke holds and a certain elbow lock. My teacher once said, "Are we boring you?" because I was uncontrollably yawning while watching and had a horrible chemical taste in my mouth. Fear/stress=very nasty.
That sounds like you're hyperventilating from anxiety. If you find yourself yawning, sighing, etc, try holding your breath for 10-15 seconds after exhaling. It has really helped me. Nose breathing at all times, perhaps taping your mouth at night (to avoid unconscious hyperventilation).

@tara is pretty knowledgeable on this stuff.

Mods: don't mean to hijack the thread, so please move my post if necessary.

Last edited:

Regina

That sounds like you're hyperventilating from anxiety. If you find yourself yawning, sighing, etc, try holding your breath for 10-15 seconds after exhaling. It has really helped me. Nose breathing at all times, perhaps taping your mouth at night (to avoid unconscious hyperventilation).

@tara is pretty knowledgeable on this stuff.

Mods: don't mean to hijack the thread, so please move my post if necessary.
Thanks dd99! Oh yes; nose-breathing only. I'll try the holding breath AFTER exhaling. (that actually is one of our breathing exercises - misogi). When Sensei realizes I'm not bored but actually about to tilt (panic, fear, anxiety, stress), she has me clasp my hands behind my head (while in the seiza/traditional kneeling position) and she'll just stand very close to me with her hand gently on me and teach from there without interrupting the class. Brings me back to feeling safe in about a minute. (or I milk it for 2 minutes :smirk: ) She's a pro.

dd99

Thanks dd99! Oh yes; nose-breathing only. I'll try the holding breath AFTER exhaling. (that actually is one of our breathing exercises - misogi). When Sensei realizes I'm not bored but actually about to tilt (panic, fear, anxiety, stress), she has me clasp my hands behind my head (while in the seiza/traditional kneeling position) and she'll just stand very close to me with her hand gently on me and teach from there without interrupting the class. Brings me back to feeling safe in about a minute. (or I milk it for 2 minutes :smirk: ) She's a pro.
That sounds very supportive!

There are heaps of good threads that really helped me with breathing, with the usual suspects being @tara, @m_arch, @Heidi and @ecstatichamster.

Last edited: