OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Androsterone did the opposite for me when I tried it, perhaps it has something to do with age and what the deficiencies actually are, being young may imply pregnenolone or other milder supplements would be better suited.

Monoamines and Neurosteroids in Sexual Function During Induced Hypogonadism in Healthy Men

"
The CSF testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and androsterone levels were significantly lower during hypogonadism (P=.002, .04, and .046, respectively), but no significant changes were observed in CSF measures of 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid, homovanillic acid, dehydroepiandrosterone, or pregnenolone. Decreased sexual interest was observed during the hypogonadal state compared with both baseline and testosterone replacement (P=.009) and correlated significantly with CSF measures of androsterone during both hypogonadism and testosterone replacement (r = −0.76 and −0.81, respectively; P<.01). Moreover, the change in severity of decreased sexual interest correlated significantly with the change in CSF androsterone levels between testosterone replacement and hypogonadism (r = −0.68; P<.05). The CSF 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid and homovanillic acid levels did not correlate significantly with any behavioral or CSF measure.

Conclusion These data suggest that the neurosteroid androsterone contributes to the regulation of sexual function in men.

Recently, there has been considerable interest in the behavioral effects of androgenic anabolic steroids, in large part due to the extent and consequences of androgenic anabolic steroid abuse among young men, the potential impact on mood and behavior of the age-related decline in androgen secretion, and the potential therapeutic use of androgen replacement in symptomatic aging men. Both increased and decreased androgen secretion have been observed to induce clinically significant mood and behavioral changes in some men.1- 9 However, the effects observed are not uniform, and factors have not been identified that will predict which individuals will develop androgen-induced mood and behavioral disorders. Additionally, despite the well-described relationship between hypogonadism and loss of sexual function,10- 13 the hormonal mediators of the reported loss of libido are not well described

[etc...]

"

It's possible. That's why I use it with pregnenolone and/or DHEA. As I mentioned in the thread on synergism between DHEA and androsterone, the studies that looked into the effects of different steroids found optimal effects from a combination of aromatizable and non-aromatizable steroid. A few people told Ray that they are thinking of using DHT and he always responded with suggesting adding some DHEA. Same with pregnenolone, which btw seems to possibly convert to androsterone, and to be non-aromatizable.
Pregnenolone, Progesterone And Androsterone Are Aromatase Inhibitors

THERAPEUTIC EFFICACY OF Δ5-PREGNENOLONE IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
"...The Zimmerman reaction measurement includes 20-ketosteroids as well as 17-ketosteroids, so that the increase might be attributable to excreted pregnenolone, but the antimony trichloride (SbCl3) reaction excludes pregnenolone because it is very nearly specific for androsterone and its isomers. It follows, therefore, either that pregnenolone is metabolized to androsterone-like substances or that it stimulates the adrenals to produce 17-ketosteroid precursors."

SolidSteele

Androsterone is completely odourless to me. With everyone complaining about the smell I kinda feel like I'm missing out because I don't smell anything.

Drareg

Fully agree, there could be a number of things that can cause joint pain. We should not jump on the lowered estrogen as the only possible cause. I just mentioned it because the symptoms are remarkably close to the ones caused by AI chemicals. Actually, lowered cortisol/cortisone can also cause such symptoms which makes me think the AI chemicals may affect the glucocorticoids as a result of the lowered aromatase.
Blocking Tissue Destruction
"...Stress-induced cortisone deficiency is thought to be a factor in a great variety of unpleasant conditions, from allergies to ulcerative colitis, and in many forms of arthritis. The stress which can cause a cortisone deficiency is even more likely to disturb formation of progesterone and thyroid hormone, so the fact that cortisone can relieve symptoms does not mean that it has corrected the problem."

Thing is if the rat gets cortisone or cortisol lowered too much it leaves aldosterone unopposed? The mainstream claim it's important to lower cortisol and cortisone as they will take up the aldosterone receptor as their is over 100 times the amount of those in the blood.
It seems the Peat styled substances have a strong influence on cortisol and cortisone through both enzymes HSD11B.

The joint pain could be fluid build up from the aldosterone,magnesium and potassium wil be excreted and sodium retained,plenty of bizarre symptoms from this.

A simple experiment then would be to increase salt intake and see if joint pain goes away unless it's dangerous to lower aldosterone when cortisol is lowish?
Either way the rat should be loosing fat weight but retaining water weight.

The quote from blocking tissue destruction is interesting,he has said something similar on cortisol from adaptive substance creative energy article. It's all about context.

Regina

Thing is if the rat gets cortisone or cortisol lowered too much it leaves aldosterone unopposed? The mainstream claim it's important to lower cortisol and cortisone as they will take up the aldosterone receptor as their is over 100 times the amount of those in the blood.
It seems the Peat styled substances have a strong influence on cortisol and cortisone through both enzymes HSD11B.

The joint pain could be fluid build up from the aldosterone,magnesium and potassium wil be excreted and sodium retained,plenty of bizarre symptoms from this.

A simple experiment then would be to increase salt intake and see if joint pain goes away unless it's dangerous to lower aldosterone when cortisol is lowish?
Either way the rat should be loosing fat weight but retaining water weight.

The quote from blocking tissue destruction is interesting,he has said something similar on cortisol from adaptive substance creative energy article. It's all about context.
Well, I'll try that experiment tonight. I'll stick with all my Peaty-Haiduty ways of keeping estrogen and stress chemicals down, and lap up some salt before heading on to aikido (joint play in a deliberately stressful context). Baseline is my elbow joints currently ache but otherwise I have no other discomfort in my body or mind.

Gl;itch.e

Androsterone is completely odourless to me. With everyone complaining about the smell I kinda feel like I'm missing out because I don't smell anything.
Yeah it seems that there is a variety of "smell types" associated with Androsterone. Some smell nothing, others a pleasant muskiness, and then the poor buggers who actually smell it like a repugnant kind of urine type smell.

Drareg

Well, I'll try that experiment tonight. I'll stick with all my Peaty-Haiduty ways of keeping estrogen and stress chemicals down, and lap up some salt before heading on to aikido (joint play in a deliberately stressful context). Baseline is my elbow joints currently ache but otherwise I have no other discomfort in my body or mind.

There is a study on here posted by haidut talking about how athletes need up 60g of table salt per day to get the required sodium content for the blood after strenuous excercise. I think it was 0.45mg or 0.65mg per kg for humans.

Remember here too that some stress chemicals are necessary for an adaptive response,cortisol in particular.

Regina

There is a study on here posted by haidut talking about how athletes need up 60g of table salt per day to get the required sodium content for the blood after strenuous excercise. I think it was 0.45mg or 0.65mg per kg for humans.

Remember here too that some stress chemicals are necessary for an adaptive response,cortisol in particular.
Ah okay. Maybe I'll bring salt for afterwards.
(It's only 1 class and it's so cold, I won't be sweating too profusely).

Regina

Maybe you can ask for AM/PM cortisol test. It means 2 blood draws in the same day but it can show both the serum levels and if there is a proper diurnal pattern. Getting blood catecholamines tested as well can give an idea on the other side of the stress response. Insomnia is usually a cortisol, adrenaline, or melatonin issue. All of these get deranged when metabolism is not working. I think there was an old study showing disturbed sleep if TSH was above 3. So, maybe testing TSH and vitamin D would also give some clues.
Hello Haidut,
Here, attached are the results of my blood draw from 12/8/16.
Thank you for any thoughts. Regina

Attachments

• Blood12_8_16.pdf
    53.7 KB · Views: 59
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello Haidut,
Here, attached are the results of my blood draw from 12/8/16.
Thank you for any thoughts. Regina

I can't read the dopamine value properly. Was it tested at all?

Regina

I can't read the dopamine value properly. Was it tested at all?
Yes. I'm so sorry. I will have to call my Dr. I thought it was the "30" but that is not adding up to the total. The norepinephrine is high.
I'll find out.

Dhair

This is my second day using the pansterone/androsterone combo.
8 drops pansterone, 5 drops androsterone applied to scrotum.
Today I noticed significantly softer erections and watery semen. I don't have these problems with 11-keto-DHT.
Is this a sign of suppression? Or just too much pansterone?

Last edited:

Dhair

After reading through some of the most recent posts, I guess this could be caused by lowering estrogen too much, but I find that kind of hard to believe as i have only been using it for a couple days...? As a side note, scalp inflammation seems too be not as bad as before.

maybe it's the 13 drops on your rat scrotum

Wagner83

Imho if you have been using it for 2 days you should not apply that much on the scrotum, people have reported noticeable effects from 1-2 drops pansterone and same for androsterone, even more so if applied on the scrotum.

Dhair

Imho if you have been using it for 2 days you should not apply that much on the scrotum, people have reported noticeable effects from 1-2 drops pansterone and same for androsterone, even more so if applied on the scrotum.
I'm trying to use the 1:1 ratio that's been recommended.

sladerunner69

They probably just up their dosages and take more drugs.

Not what you should do however. If its a real problem at low doses try increasing protein intake. Especially from gelatin and high taurine/glycine containing foods.

:syringe: Yes I think the pain is a sign your body is craving more of the juice bro:thumbsup: Time to up the dose!

Here's a tip: Try a small handful of tylenol pre workout! works wonders :handok:

No don't try that, but I hang around roid users and they say stuff like that....

sladerunner69

This is my second day using the pansterone/androsterone combo.
8 drops pansterone, 5 drops androsterone applied to scrotum.
Today I noticed significantly softer erections and watery semen. I don't have these problems with 11-keto-DHT.
Is this a sign of suppression? Or just too much pansterone?

That could be a sign of low DHT, low testosterone, very low cortisol, very low estrogen, high estrogen...

Aside from the erections how do you feel? Brain fog/depression? Confident/crisp? No change?

Could I ask you to give an accurate description of your daily dieting?