OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, if a male rat is trying to raise testosterone (currently using injections, but we believe most of it's converting to estrogen), as well as trying to improve thyroid function, increase energy, lower stress, would this new Androsterone work better than the 11 keto DHT, or would using both be better?

Our original plan was to get the 11 keto DHT, TyroMix, and maybe Energin and Estroban.

I think for raising testosterone the best combination would be DHEA in combination with either 11-keto DHT or androsterone. You need a precursor to testosterone and an androgenic, non-aromatizable steroid like the 5-AR derive ones. Did you see this post about synergy between DHEA and androsterone?
Remarkable Synergistic Anabolic /androgenic Effect Of Androsterone And DHEA Combination

whereismyOJ

DaveFoster

Doubt it, as some human studies used several hundred milligrams daily and found no ill effects on HPTA. But it always helps to keep an eye out for side effects.
Thanks for the response.

To anyone considering trying this product, signs of shutdown in mammals includes reduced testicle size, loss of libido/sexual activity, reduced energy and appetite, and increased depression/mood swings.

Ledo

Haidut, regarding your recent post on the Romanian Dht human study purporting to have a positive effect on shutdown of MS in males, which one of your products might closely mimiic parameters in those studies mentioned? This product or the 11-keto-dht or others?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, regarding your recent post on the Romanian Dht human study purporting to have a positive effect on shutdown of MS in males, which one of your products might closely mimiic parameters in those studies mentioned? This product or the 11-keto-dht or others?

Well, with the disclaimer that I am not a doctor, I'd say either 11-keto DHT on its own or a combination of Pansterone and androsterone. Several other immune conditions like RA, Lupus, etc have all been tied to androgen deficiency so I think it is not just MS that may benefit from such therapy.

Pointless

I've been doing some more research on this, and you mention Atromid, but I'm not sure what the connection is between Atromid and Androsterone. If you look on the Wikipedia page, the CAS numbers are different, and the chemical structure too. Atromid doesn't even look like a steroid.

Clofibrate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Androsterone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is probably for the best, because Atromid has some nasty side effects including 44% increased risk of mortality, malignant cancer, and cholesterol gallstones. Use was discontinued in 2002 except for very specific criteria based on a World Health Organization study. Atromid-S (Clofibrate) Drug Information: Warnings and Precautions - Prescribing Information at RxList

@haidut can you clarify the relation between Androsterone and Atromid? Is there increased or decreased risk of gallstones with Androsterone? Would it be contraindicated if there is low total cholesterol?

Lightbringer

I've been doing some more research on this, and you mention Atromid, but I'm not sure what the connection is between Atromid and Androsterone. If you look on the Wikipedia page, the CAS numbers are different, and the chemical structure too. Atromid doesn't even look like a steroid.
@haidut can you clarify the relation between Androsterone and Atromid? Is there increased or decreased risk of gallstones with Androsterone? Would it be contraindicated if there is low total cholesterol?
Not haidut :cool , basically:

Atromid = clofibrate and androsterone
Atromid-S = clofibrate
Farewell to androsterone in atromid -- 4 (2): 8 -- DTB - Drug and Therapeutics Bulletin

mujuro

Also in Australia :(

What is the schedule? For importing prescription or regulated substances there are usually minimum allowances made. I believe anything over a 3 month personal supply is seized, if they happen to come across it that is. DHEA, pregnenolone, insulin are some things that will come through. As long as you aren't ordering 30 bottles you stand a chance. Then again I once imported 15 boxes of anastrozole and received it successfully, so it's also about how lucky you are. Worst case scenario you get a letter saying "don't do it again".

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not haidut :cool , basically:

Atromid = clofibrate and androsterone
Atromid-S = clofibrate
Farewell to androsterone in atromid -- 4 (2): 8 -- DTB - Drug and Therapeutics Bulletin

Thank you :):
Also, the very original Atromid from the 1950s was pure androsterone combined with some kind of phospholipid to "promote" oral bioavailability. There was no clofirbrate in the original formulation. After enjoying wild commercial success, the formulation was sold to a new company and that's how clofibrate started being added and since it was patented there was incentive to use only it and eventually the cheap and unpatentable androsterone was quietly dropped.

@haidut these supplements look really potent and exciting. I would like to try these as they seem to have so many benefits and may counter the damage done over the years by estrogen and pufa etc.
...however before I start dabbling with these heavy duty steroids on my Rat, perhaps you could tell us a little bit about how suppression or endogenous shutdown works as this is the main concern I think all your potential customers for these type products have.
How much tolerance does the body have before it shuts down your own production? Bodybuilder rats pump their bodies up on all sorts of juice, but they have strategies for cycling stacks and probably don't care about their endogenous production because they're dosing supraphysiologal anyway.
But I like the idea of giving my rat a little extra help now and then, but I don't like the idea of messing my hormones up because I didn't know what the hell I was doing and took a chance!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut these supplements look really potent and exciting. I would like to try these as they seem to have so many benefits and may counter the damage done over the years by estrogen and pufa etc.
...however before I start dabbling with these heavy duty steroids on my Rat, perhaps you could tell us a little bit about how suppression or endogenous shutdown works as this is the main concern I think all your potential customers for these type products have.
How much tolerance does the body have before it shuts down your own production? Bodybuilder rats pump their bodies up on all sorts of juice, but they have strategies for cycling stacks and probably don't care about their endogenous production because they're dosing supraphysiologal anyway.
But I like the idea of giving my rat a little extra help now and then, but I don't like the idea of messing my hormones up because I didn't know what the hell I was doing and took a chance!

Like I said in previous threads and Peat has confirmed in emails directly to him - neither pregnenolone nor DHEA are known to cause suppression. Pregnenolone has no known suppressive effects in any dose, while DHEA is known not to be suppressive in doses below 50mg. And I hope nobody is taking anywhere close to 50mg DHEA.
The DHT-cousins like 11-keto DHT can cause suppression but only in high doses. In doses of 25mg and under, which again are the ideal doses for most people, it should not cause suppression while at the same time lowering estrogen, cortisol and prolactin. Andorsterone has been in use under the name Atromid and given in hundreds of milligrams per day. Suppression was noted in doses of 200mg given several times daily by injection. Again, nothing like the doses that can be achieved with our product. Overall, if you use the products at or below the recommended doses on the bottle there should not be any suppression. But as usual we recommend asking a doctor before using it and discussing with her/him the proper doses. Usually, adding pregnenolone to any of the other steroid supplements helps to greatly reduce risk of suppression.

allblues

As per usual, i'll ask - have you gotten any comments from Ray about androsterone/the old Atromid?
He's seems so well versed in both old and new pharmaceuticals, it'd be fun to hear anything he might have mentioned.

CKA

I was considering tyromix but don't want to down-regulate my own thyroid and end up worse off than I am now. I don't want to take thyroid for the rest of my life. Am I thinking about it wrong?
Would this be a good temporary replacement since it doesn't suppress and it mimics thyroid as well?

Dan W

Wikipedia said:
[Androsterone] was first isolated in 1931, by Adolf Friedrich Johann Butenandt and Kurt Tscherning. They distilled over 17,000 liters (3,700 imp gal; 4,500 U.S. gal) of male urine...
Finally vindicated after all their years of stockpiling urine.

I was considering tyromix but don't want to down-regulate my own thyroid and end up worse off than I am now. I don't want to take thyroid for the rest of my life. Am I thinking about it wrong?
Peat has implied that supplemental thyroid won't really downregulate your natural production:
Ray Peat said:
If a person's thyroid gland has been inhibited by very high doses of a supplement, it takes only 2 or 3 days for the gland to resume full activity, and because it takes time for the hormone to be excreted, suddenly stopping a supplement shouldn't be noticeable, when the gland isn't being inhibited or malfunctioning.

thyrulian

Yeah, I was sort of wondering about the pros & cons of this vs T3 (if there is anything that can be noncontentiously, or perhaps revelatorily, declared), as NDT hardly does anything for me chronically.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As per usual, i'll ask - have you gotten any comments from Ray about androsterone/the old Atromid?
He's seems so well versed in both old and new pharmaceuticals, it'd be fun to hear anything he might have mentioned.

Have not heard form him about this, but I have not asked either. Androsterone is actually the exact same molecule as DHT, the only difference being the reversed position of the hydroxyl and ketone groups. Given how similar the effects are to progesterone I doubt he will have a problem with it, but I will send him a bottle this week to try. I am trying to stay away from him commenting on specific product, including mine. But if I gear from him I'll post it here.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Very interesting! Just placed order :partypooper: Did you notice any pheromone effects as well @haidut ?

It's hard to tell how much of this is from androsterone and how much is from the overall better health and weight lifting. But I'll to pay attention to days I am using it and then not using it and report back.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would this be a good temporary replacement since it doesn't suppress and it mimics thyroid as well?

I do get a very pronounced thermogenic effects with, especially when combined with equal amounts DHEA. Like I said in other threads, I am also trying not to use thyroid. I carry some T3 in my keychain, as well as some cypro, but those are small doses and used for emergency only. Most of the time I get by with eating and some caffeine. Now with androsterone, even caffeine seems like overkill and actually gives me fever.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals