Androsterone Causing Anhedonia and Depression?

hei

Not about Andro, but I remembered something. Whenever I would apply Pansterone on my wrists or on the testicles, females would act weird around it and inquire where is the smell coming from.
I had reactions from my sister (wrist application smell) and from a girl who was giving me oral sex, saying she does not like the smell at all and that it smells like clove, lol.
Not sure what to make of it.
Did you have the eugenol version? That has a very strong and enduring clove smell unrelated to the hormones.

Frankdee20

I can attest that I’ve also gotten that anger issue from time to time on androsterone, especially when I drank ... lost some friends

meatbag

Any creatine gives me a similar angry feeling. Blood sugar may be a part of it however there was a study showing andro increased norepinephrine and lowered serotonin."Androsterone did not affect dopamine levels or turnover, but increased noradrenaline concentration and serotonin turnover in the hippocampus. "
It could the product; Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

"Overlooked variables are the reason for the essentiality of repeatability and confirmation in science.

In the 1970s, a new method for suspending or dissolving oily chemicals in water was being explored. A cyclic carbohydrate, cyclodextrin, makes it possible to wet substances that are insoluble in water, such as progesterone, even if the substance remains in a solid crystalline form. Several companies were promoting the use of these for the administration of hydrophobic drugs.

In 1976, D.W. Frank reported that the cyclodextrins produced nephrosis in rats. In 1978, a study by Perrin, et al., reported its toxicity to the kidneys. Twenty years later, Horsky and Pitha at NIH reported that the cyclodextrins can synergize with carcinogens, and in 1982 a group in Japan reported that cyclodextrins can increase the production of kidney cancers by another carcinogen (Hiasa, et al.). The intrinsic carcinogenicity of a more water soluble cyclodextrin, that was considered "more toxicologically benign," was found to cause pathological changes in lungs, liver, and kidney, and to increase the formation of tumors in the pancreas and intestines of rats (Gould and Scott, 2005)."
-Estrogen, progesterone, and cancer: Conflicts of interest in regulation and product promotion.

"DHEAS and androsterone were purchased from the Steraloids Inc (UK). DHEAS was dissolved in water for injections, while androsterone in 20% hydroxypro-pyl-ß-cyclodextrin (Sigma-Aldrich). Both substances were injected intraperitoneally (i.p.) in volume 1 ml/kg of body weight. DHEAS was injected at doses 10.0, 40.0 and 80.0 mg/kg and androsterone at doses 1.0, 10.0 and 40.0 mg/kg. "
file:///tmp/mozilla_mli0/ane_7206.pdf

meatbag

"A 2011 survey of 33 supplements commercially available in Italy found that over 50% of them exceeded the European Food Safety Authority recommendations in at least one contaminant. The most prevalent of these contaminants was creatinine, a breakdown product of creatine also produced by the body.[79] Creatinine was present in higher concentrations than the European Food Safety Authority recommendations in 44% of the samples. About 15% of the samples had detectable levels of dihydro-1,3,5-triazine or a high dicyandiamide concentration. Heavy metals contamination was not found to be a concern, with only minor levels of mercury being detectable. Two studies reviewed in 2007 found no impurities."
Creatine - Wikipedia

Vajra

I honestly think Androsterone has the distinguished smell, Pansterone does not smell at all, but that Andro is very musky
I'm assuming you have it in tocopherols or something? I have it from Idealabs in ethanol, and it smells like just that, ethanol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals