Brooks Esq.

I have a question, does androsterone increase DHT? I have had a really hard time finding anything on Pubmed about it. Does it increase Testosterone? Id there a better product for increasing DHT? What happened to 11keto DHT that Idealabs used to sell?

Wagner83

If you find information on what it converts into this could answer part of your questions.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a question, does androsterone increase DHT? I have had a really hard time finding anything on Pubmed about it. Does it increase Testosterone? Id there a better product for increasing DHT? What happened to 11keto DHT that Idealabs used to sell?

Did you read the original thread on androsterone? All of this information and so much more is explained there.

Brooks Esq.

Did you read the original thread on androsterone? All of this information and so much more is explained there.
Yes I did, I was asking if there was any pubmed studies on it raising DHT or testosterone as I cannot find any. And I didn't see anything about 11keto on the post either

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yes I did, I was asking if there was any pubmed studies on it raising DHT or testosterone as I cannot find any. And I didn't see anything about 11keto on the post either

I don't think it would raise 11-keto DHT as the pathway is different and goes though 11-keto-DHEA (adrenosterone), 11-OH-androstenedione, 11-keto T and then 11-keto DHT. I have not seen anything indicating androsterone will affect that pathway. As far as direct in vido studies, there is one in vivo study which I think is posted in the main andro thread but most in vivo studies focused on other biomarkers. However, given the effectiveness of androsterone in increasing prostate, testicle, and penis weight in various animals (in some cases better than T), it has to convert into something potently androgenic as androsterone by itself has no such effects in vitro studies. The studies that actually looked at its conversion into DHT are all in vitro and I think I posted them in the main thread. If I find something on direct in vivo conversion into DHT I will post here. Given that DHEA converts preferentially into DHT when taken in vivo, androsterone should do the same as the pathways are very similar. DHEA and androsterone are both precursors to DHT and they sit at both ends of the DHT pathway with DHT being in the middle. There are some in vivo studies with DHEA and its conversion into DHT, so the androsterone conversion is likely to be the same or very similar. The DHEA sttudies below found that a HED of abotu 10mg - 12mg daily increased intramuscular DHT levels by about 70%. This effects basically mimicked the beneficial effects of exercise and I think the androsterone pathway and effects would largely be the same and possibly even better as androsterone cannot convert into estrogen while DHEA can. So, out of those 10mg - 12mg DHEA at least some of it went to estrogen while all of androsterone should go into either the androstanediol->DHT or androstanedione->DHT pathway and all intermediates are androgenic, so even if it mostly raises them the overall effects are still androgenic.
Low dose DHEA restores insulin sensitivity by increasing DHT
DHEA provides same benefits effects as exercise by increasing DHT
DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT

Brooks Esq.

Thank you

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any reason this or 11 keto might be causing random bruises?

Anything that opposes estrogen will tend to thin the blood. If there are bruises then the dose is probably too high.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I guess booze is an exception.

Booze does both actually - i.e. increases risk of bleeding in the GI but also clots in the vascular system. So, quite a few alcoholics end up in the hospital with either major GI bleeding or ischemic event in heart, lungs, or brain.

Last edited:

jaa

Booze does both actually - i.e. increases risk of bleeding in the GI but also clots in the vascular system. So, quite a few alcoholic end up in the hospital with either major GU bleeding or ischemic event in heart, lungs, or brain.

Ugh. The worst of all worlds.

johnwester130

Yep, I saw this study a few years ago but was afraid to post here as I was concerned it would be interpreted as homophobic. Sexual preferences are very malleable and depend mostly on steroids and neurotransmitters. Subsequent studies have confirmed ratios of DHT/estradiol, and even activity of the enzyme 17,20-lyase as involved in determining heterosexual or homosexual behavior.
Thanks for posting it. And stay the hell away from Fin. I hope eventually somebody goes to jail for developing that poison.

Will a product designed to cure homosexuality be released ?

What would it be called ?

In DMSO or MCT oil ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Will a product designed to cure homosexuality be released ?

What would it be called ?

In DMSO or MCT oil ?

No, as I do not think it is the business of a third party to mess with sexual orientation. I never implied that it is disease or anything that needs "curing". Like I said before, my interests are in finding out what is the mechanism behind that physiological/sexual state and if somebody wants to change their sexual orientation somehow (in either direction) they can go do it themselves without anybody interfering.

hef911

@haidut

Is it possible, that androsterone is causing perorial dermatits? I suddenly have outbreaks under my lip.

hef911

It's more likely that it's the DMSO in the product
I used Pansterone for 2 months with DMSO without problems, I was just wondering if other people had same issues as me when applying androsterone, it may not even be androsterone related, however most sites report that perorial dermatitis is often caused by topical applications of hormones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals