OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
_

satsumass

Forum Supporter
I can't smell it at all either. But it is on myself. And I'm usually super sensitive to scent.
I have noticed the MCT/vitamin e formulation of Andosterone is *substantially* harder to smell than the DMSO version. Wondering why this is, and how it might affect some of the other purpotedly beneficial pheremone-esque responses...perhaps the oil would allow it to sit on the skin longer or in higher reaches of the skin, allowing more of a time-release phenomenon

DaveFoster

No need to store either one in the fridge but I guess you could. The TocoVit does not precipitate and can be kept in the fridge indefinitely. The androsterone may precipitate at low temps but have not seen it happen yet. Probably best to keep androsterone at room temp. Both have long shelf life. I have a bottle of TocoVit that is 9 months old and it shows no sign of rancidity, and a bottle of androsterone (in DMSO) that is 12 months old and still gives the exact same effects. Nothing in these supplements spoils, except possible some of the residual oil in TocoVit, but the refrigeration should take care of this.
Thanks for the info.

Like you, I'm trying to avoid thyroid if I don't need it; have you tried experimenting with Progestene and androsterone? Given Pansterone supplementation at the dose you suggested in the raising androgens with K2, DHEA ,and pregnenolone thread, do you think androsterone can do everything progesterone can do and would be more beneficial for males (in other words a little bit more androsterone, rather than moderate dosages of progesterone + androsterone to avoid unwanted joint side effects in particular)? I'm thinking of 5a-DHP versus androsterone. I wouldn't use 5a-DHP, but it seems a better comparison for my question, as it lacks the anti-androgenic effects of progesterone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the info.

Like you, I'm trying to avoid thyroid if I don't need it; have you tried experimenting with Progestene and androsterone? Given Pansterone supplementation at the dose you suggested in the raising androgens with K2, DHEA ,and pregnenolone thread, do you think androsterone can do everything progesterone can do and would be more beneficial for males (in other words a little bit more androsterone, rather than moderate dosages of progesterone + androsterone to avoid unwanted joint side effects in particular)? I'm thinking of 5a-DHP versus androsterone. I wouldn't use 5a-DHP, but it seems a better comparison for my question, as it lacks the anti-androgenic effects of progesterone.

Progesterone has some direct anti-stress effects, especially on cortisol, that androsterone does not seem to have. Progesterone is also mineralocorticoid antagonist, while androsterone probably does not have much effect there. I think for males a combination of pregnenolone and androsterone (and maybe DHEA) may be best for both getting the anti-stress benefits of pregnenolone/progesterone while also maintaining androgenic tone.

Drareg

Also Haidut,
Given this overactivity, do you think it is possible to raise dopamine without raising norepinephrine (andrenergic )???

If you do get to the bottom of this interesting lead it would be worth posting a thread on it IMO.

Regina

If you do get to the bottom of this interesting lead it would be worth posting a thread on it IMO.
Will do. I need to get a thorough blood test re copper/iron stuff to see if there are any dots to connect there.
....the adventure continues.

DaveFoster

Progesterone has some direct anti-stress effects, especially on cortisol, that androsterone does not seem to have. Progesterone is also mineralocorticoid antagonist, while androsterone probably does not have much effect there. I think for males a combination of pregnenolone and androsterone (and maybe DHEA) may be best for both getting the anti-stress benefits of pregnenolone/progesterone while also maintaining androgenic tone.
That's great to know; I thought you'd advise preg. and andro. Thanks haidut.

DaveFoster

I thought the dopamine agonists (ergot derivatives) are dopamine agonists and adrenergic antagonists.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought the dopamine agonists (ergot derivatives) are dopamine agonists and adrenergic antagonists.

That's my understanding as well. But I think she is asking if there is a way to raise actual dopamine levels without raising adrenaline. Without taking some kind of inhibitor on the pathway to adrenaline, I don't think it would be possible. Caffeine's adrenergic effect are due to caffeine increasing dopamine synthesis, which increases adrenaline downstream.

Drareg

I think it got mentioned in the dialogue that making dopamine might not be the issue but more the increased conversion to adrenalin,blocking adrenergic receptors while increasing dopamine in this case might create another issue.
Too much dopamine around in this case might cause a down regulation of dopamine receptors.

DaveFoster

That's my understanding as well. But I think she is asking if there is a way to raise actual dopamine levels without raising adrenaline. Without taking some kind of inhibitor on the pathway to adrenaline, I don't think it would be possible. Caffeine's adrenergic effect are due to caffeine increasing dopamine synthesis, which increases adrenaline downstream.
Maybe lithium (or any GABA agonist) would be well-suited to that task. Niacinamide and caffeine/lisuride, for example; or rather progesterone/androsterone and caffeine.

DaveFoster

I think it got mentioned in the dialogue that making dopamine might not be the issue but more the increased conversion to adrenalin,blocking adrenergic receptors while increasing dopamine in this case might create another issue.
Too much dopamine around in this case might cause a down regulation of dopamine receptors.
You're saying there's a mechanism that stops dopamine downregulation via adrenaline?

Regina

Maybe lithium (or any GABA agonist) would be well-suited to that task. Niacinamide and caffeine/lisuride, for example; or rather progesterone/androsterone and caffeine.
Yea, I tend to have a Pepsi or Coke, a few drops of metergoline and oxidal in the afternoon before training.

DaveFoster

@haidut

Could you give me the approx. volume of liquid in Androsterone? I'm trying to dilute the solution.

Also do you think 50% DMSO and 50% ethanol as the dilution concentration will not negatively affect absorption?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Could you give me the approx. volume of liquid in Androsterone? I'm trying to dilute the solution.

Also do you think 50% DMSO and 50% ethanol as the dilution concentration will not negatively affect absorption?

It is a 10ml bottle. You can try various DMSO concentrations and even 10% DMSO should enhance topical absorption over pure ethanol. It must make take longer to fully absorb. Also, the less DMSO the less effective cellular uptake of the steroid will be. So, it's not just absorption that declines with lower DMSO concentrations.

Drareg

You're saying there's a mechanism that stops dopamine downregulation via adrenaline?
Possibly stopping excess conversion of dopamine to adrenaline was the speculation so im guessing if it's the case you would have more dopamine to play with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals