Androgens For Castrated Dog?

Sefton10

Our dachshund (now 4 and a half) was castrated pretty early as a pup. One of his testicles hadn't descended properly and we were advised by the vet to get it done as there was a risk of cancer the longer it was left. I know now this was probably an error and we should have gotten a second opinion as the advice vets now give on such an issue has apparently changed.

I was listening to a recent interview with Ray on KMUD and he mentioned Pavlov's studies with dogs. He describes how strong, calm, confident dogs when castrated would become far more sensitive to noise etc., and essentially be more stressed in general due to the reduction in androgen production.

Does anyone have any experience of supplementing a dog in this way or know if it is possible? He is an anxious little fella, especially around other dogs, and hyper-sensitive to noise and any change in routine. Essentially he just exhibits signs of stress. Physically he is great and eats a species appropriate diet, we are just wondering if we could give him something to help take the edge off and nudge him back towards an optimal hormonal profile.

Any advice appreciated.

skycop00

Our dachshund (now 4 and a half) was castrated pretty early as a pup. One of his testicles hadn't descended properly and we were advised by the vet to get it done as there was a risk of cancer the longer it was left. I know now this was probably an error and we should have gotten a second opinion as the advice vets now give on such an issue has apparently changed.

I was listening to a recent interview with Ray on KMUD and he mentioned Pavlov's studies with dogs. He describes how strong, calm, confident dogs when castrated would become far more sensitive to noise etc., and essentially be more stressed in general due to the reduction in androgen production.

Does anyone have any experience of supplementing a dog in this way or know if it is possible? He is an anxious little fella, especially around other dogs, and hyper-sensitive to noise and any change in routine. Essentially he just exhibits signs of stress. Physically he is great and eats a species appropriate diet, we are just wondering if we could give him something to help take the edge off and nudge him back towards an optimal hormonal profile.

Any advice appreciated.
My Doxie's lived to the ages of 15 and 16. They were wonderful in all respects. The were both fixed as pups (a male and female). My boy eventually went blind at 14 and we opted for hormone therapy after testing (self treating my pups_ with Thyroid and Cortef. My boy regained far vision in about 30 days and it lasted for 1 year. My girl was placed on T4 for about the last 2 years of her life. She eventually succumbed to enlarged heart complications. I used a combination herbal formula to calm her adrenal and stress axis and that worked wonders for her being comfortable that last year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals