Androgenic Benefits Of Tobacco

olive

What does the peat sphere think about the vasoconstriction caused by nicotine? From a bodybuilding world, this would seem disadvantageous as it would lead to reduced blood flow. Possibly hypoxia? Is this a real concern?

lampofred

Probably similar to the vasoconstriction caused by adrenaline or caffeine. It's only happening because you are stimulating your metabolism without enough food

olive

Probably similar to the vasoconstriction caused by adrenaline or caffeine. It's only happening because you are stimulating your metabolism without enough food
Interesting. Although anecdotally, nicotine’s vasocontricting effect feels potently stronger than even very large doses of caffeine. And I’m the type to eat more than enough calories.

RobertJM

As mentioned above, commercially sold cigarettes contain a lot of harmful elements that have zero to do with tobacco. Just like the alcohol sold during prohibition contained poisons like acetone and other industrial solvents that had far worse effects than alcohol, modern commercial cigarettes contain a whole host of toxins deliberately added that are far worse than tobacco. Tobacco soaked in ammonia or with added toxic flame retardants will always be worse than pure tobacco, same as alcohol laced with acetone will cause health problems beyond plain alcohol.

You are just parroting what has been said on the forum when tobacco has been spoken about countless times before (not just this thread), but yes you are indeed correct. It’s absolutley horrific to think how laced these things are. Everything about smoking commercially sold cigarettes is toxic. From the lighter used, to the cigarette papers to everything that it is sprayed with.

What would be far more interesting is seeing studies done on these people that live in tribes (or whatever) that smoke tobbaco without the pollutants. Seeing their lungs after decades of inhaling smoke. I’m not aware of anything like that existing. I would love to see it.

Personally I have never cared much for the effects of tobbaco.

Last edited:
The trouble with nicotine (not necessarily a problem with whole tobacco product so long as it is clean) is that it induces free fatty acids in the blood, and it can cause a stress reaction.

I was intending on experimenting with nicotine but this caught me in its vise and I never did more than a few tests with it.

ANDREW CHIN

Hello Everyone,
There seem to be a lot of centenarians who smoke, i.e., Jeanne Calment. I'd guess most of them are smoking natural tobacco.

Aside from the previously mentioned MAO-B inhibition, tobacco is also considered antifungal. It's so antifungal that people with candida generally cannot be around it. It's not so much they themselves are reacting to it, it's the pathogenic candida inside of their bodies.

Nicotine and nicotinamide seemed to be pretty closely related. I don't have much of a chemistry background, but the molecules are certainly similar. Could the two compounds have a similar action in the body?
Nicotine - Wikipedia
Nicotinamide - Wikipedia

The legendary German-American herbalist Hanna Kroeger used tobacco in her fomulations. My understanding is you need to use only a very small amount, and you need a high level of expertise in combining it with other herbs. These days most herbalists use lobelia instead.

Lastly, tobacco is considered the #1 Native American spirit and medicinal herb. It has a long history of use in ceremonies and medical applications.

Jib

As mentioned above, commercially sold cigarettes contain a lot of harmful elements that have zero to do with tobacco. Just like the alcohol sold during prohibition contained poisons like acetone and other industrial solvents that had far worse effects than alcohol, modern commercial cigarettes contain a whole host of toxins deliberately added that are far worse than tobacco. Tobacco soaked in ammonia or with added toxic flame retardants will always be worse than pure tobacco, same as alcohol laced with acetone will cause health problems beyond plain alcohol.

It also must stilt studies too, as only a very tiny minority of people smoke truly natural tobacco.

I've never tried a vape but know many people who use them exclusively. Not sure about the whole "e-juice" thing or if they're really any safer for the lungs than tobacco smoke. I will stand by the TarGard.

Reading about iron's dangers does make me want to go donate blood again, not to mention helping save people's lives on top of my own :) It's so uncomfortable and cringey for me, just totally skeeves me out, but I have felt better every time I've done it.

lampofred

The trouble with nicotine (not necessarily a problem with whole tobacco product so long as it is clean) is that it induces free fatty acids in the blood, and it can cause a stress reaction.

I was intending on experimenting with nicotine but this caught me in its vise and I never did more than a few tests with it.

So does caffeine. So does not ejaculating, which I remember reading you do. Anything that takes you out of parasympathetic dominance will raise FFA because it will increase adrenaline. It think it helps to leave learned helplessness.

So does caffeine. So does not ejaculating, which I remember reading you do. Anything that takes you out of parasympathetic dominance will raise FFA because it will increase adrenaline. It think it helps to leave learned helplessness.

not sure what you are talking about. When I took nicotine drops, maybe I took too much. It was nice, but I noticed a stress reaction and my temps dropped and I assume a release of FFAs. What does that have to do with learned helplessness?

Caffeine, yes, I agree with you there. I have learned to respect coffee. It can be a bit tricky. I think nicotine is trickier. I think having a bit of tobacco may be better. I also think Dr. Peat has said that a small amount of tobacco could be helpful for an "old" person. But I doubt it is really a good idea to use nicotine after my experiments. Tobacco could be okay but only in small amounts, like the equivalent of a few cigarettes a day.

lampofred

When I took nicotine drops, maybe I took too much. It was nice, but I noticed a stress reaction and my temps dropped and I assume a release of FFAs.

Ok that's pretty different from directly saying nicotine increases FFA. Lots of beneficial things increase FFA because they increase mobilization of resources which means temps are going up (such as thyroid), but temps going down is completely different. Increasing mobilization of resources = a shift to adrenaline dominance from a serotonin/acetylcholine mediated parasympathetic dominance, which equals lowered learned helplessness.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
What would be far more interesting is seeing studies done on these people that live in tribes (or whatever) that smoke tobbaco without the pollutants. Seeing their lungs after decades of inhaling smoke. I’m not aware of anything like that existing. I would love to see it.

There are such studies, and in fact they cover entire countries. The UN report on centenarians and various government reports on long-lived populations specifically and purposefully exclude countries with both high rate of centenarians and high rates of smokers. Many centenarians also seem to eat very peat-like diet - focusing on sweet, calorie-dense foods. Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Andorra, Spain etc are among such countries.
Centenarians smoke, drink and eat badly. How do they get away with it? | Spectator Life
"...‘I checked the actuarial tables, and the lowest death rate is among six-year-olds. So I decided to eat like a six-year-old. The octogenarian adds, ‘It’s the safest course I can take.’

The Admirably Unhealthy Habits of 11 People Who Lived to Be 100
https://america.cgtn.com/2017/06/21/cubas-surprising-number-of-centenarians
Want to know the secret to long life? Live in Spain
The Exceptionally High Life Expectancy of Costa Rican Nonagenarians

Cuba and Costa Rica, both discussed in the links above, have perhaps the highest smoking rates in the Western hemisphere. Yes, they do smoke mostly cigars but it is unprocessed tobacco so it is about as close we can get to what you want - a study on populations smoking mostly pure tobacco. There are a ton of studies done on those smoking populations too but most of them are not published in reputable or English language journals. Similar to the Cuban studies on policosanol and its effect on cholesterol and CVD - i.e. the policosanols are now prescription drugs in many countries but virtually unheard of in developed societies where medical care is run by the pharma industry.
Policosanol - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Regina

There are such studies, and in fact they cover entire countries. The UN report on centenarians and various government reports on long-lived populations specifically and purposefully exclude countries with both high rate of centenarians and high rates of smokers. Many centenarians also seem to eat very peat-like diet - focusing on sweet, calorie-dense foods. Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Andorra, Spain etc are among such countries.
Centenarians smoke, drink and eat badly. How do they get away with it? | Spectator Life
"...‘I checked the actuarial tables, and the lowest death rate is among six-year-olds. So I decided to eat like a six-year-old. The octogenarian adds, ‘It’s the safest course I can take.’

The Admirably Unhealthy Habits of 11 People Who Lived to Be 100
https://america.cgtn.com/2017/06/21/cubas-surprising-number-of-centenarians
Want to know the secret to long life? Live in Spain
The Exceptionally High Life Expectancy of Costa Rican Nonagenarians

Cuba and Costa Rica, both discussed in the links above, have perhaps the highest smoking rates in the Western hemisphere. Yes, they do smoke mostly cigars but it is unprocessed tobacco so it is about as close we can get to what you want - a study on populations smoking mostly pure tobacco. There are a ton of studies done on those smoking populations too but most of them are not published in reputable or English language journals. Similar to the Cuban studies on policosanol and its effect on cholesterol and CVD - i.e. the policosanols are now prescription drugs in many countries but virtually unheard of in developed societies where medical care is run by the pharma industry.
Policosanol - Wikipedia
I grew up in Miami and my whole family lives there and have siblings married to cubans. Since we intertwined and many times cared for our inlaws vast extended families, I was always amazed at how much sweets they eat. And yes, all the men smoke cigars. Don't forget the scoop after scoop of sugar that goes into their coffee (colada)--which they drink all throughout the day AND after dinner. They LOVE fruit and also eat it all day. The coco frio street vendors are everywhere catering to the cubans. They take their pina coladas and rum daquiris seriously, but whilst eating the pork skins while the whole pig roasts all day. There is always yucca. And then always the flan and tres leches and cafe con leche. More cigars. I would only say that they talk too much. And the women are notorious pill poppers. In Miami, just look for the "medico" sign and go in say you are "nervy" and you'll get all the valium and xanax you want. Perhaps this can be attributed to the worry felt by imigrants.
It is sad to see them embrace our Drs, who will dispensed them SSRI instead and recommend low sugar, low salt, low sat fat heart smart diets.

tygertgr

I buy three dollar pipes from these people:
corncobpipe.com

and manually shred tobacco from:
leafonly.com

I smoke maybe four days a week mid-afternoon. It costs barely anything (cigarettes are taxed to insanity) and helps me concentrate. I inhale quite a bit: I don't just puff for oral nicotine exposure.

Perhaps this can be attributed to the worry felt by imigrants.

Cubanos being a touch nuts is a stereotype that goes back well before the revolution. It's probably in part why the revolution happened. I mean, read some Hemingway. Melville wrote some about dealing with Cubans way before that.

Last edited:

bagotage

Personally I use the whole leaf tobacco, you can even get organic leaves if you want to go crazy, and Zen 100mm tubes. My favorite is to blend Turkish with Burley. Yenidje tobacco is the best in the world but AFAIK it's unavailable now. Real shame. Turkish leaves generally have lower tar content.
Any sources? I'm trying to track down some organic Turkish leaves but not having luck so far... Yeah, apparently Yenidje doesn't exist because all of the original farmers there moved elsewhere, and are now growing what is called "Basma" tobacco (source).

johnwester130

Certain compounds can be healthful, but smoke will never be one of them

There's about 30 studies on google showing that smoking cannabis does not cause lung damage.

So I do not agree with the "smoking anything is bad" argument.

清貴杉山

Im pretty interested on this thread tbh,i was smoking like 1 to 3 handroled ciggs,activated charcoal filter and unbleached papers,for several months,never noticed any respiratory issues,i workout pretty hard 2 3 times a week,my beard grew thicker and faster and i feel like the T boost i cant explain why,its pure anecdotal tho
I will save a bit of money to buy more tobacco and keep smoking,a sweet coffee with a cig after a meal is glorious

Inaut

Bumping this thread. I just smoked some pipe tobacco. Inhaled very little but feel very relaxed after doing so. Am I still getting benefits from some absorption from my tongue? Is this the best way to smoke? I have charcoal filter in my pipe.

Redroad

I use Swedish general snus I quite enjoy cigars occasionally also. I feel the tobacco helps a lot with constipation . As of now I believe sensible tobacco use can have its benefits if not abused.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I started smoking cigars recently and have definitely felt calmer and more relaxed as a result.

清貴杉山

been smoking again,good quality tobacco,unbleached papers,and activated charcoal filter,i feel my stress going down and more androgenic in some way,more assertive and standing up a bit more

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals