Androgenic Benefits Of Tobacco

chinup53

Since the last few years I've been trying to improve my androgens with supplements like taurine, glycine, creatine, caffeine, zinc, etc. Interestingly enough, when I've noticed more androgenic characteristic was when I used to smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day. When I was doing so, I wasn't even trying to improve my androgens but it was been I noticed less water retention, more vascularity, deeper voice and so on. I'm aware of the downsides and harmful effects of smoking tobacco so I decided to do stop it.

Even though I can't manage to get as androgenic as I was. Why I responded so well to tobacco and now that I'm trying a more optimal, healthy and holistic approach I don't get even close to what I was before? There is any kind of explanation behind this?

Last edited:

ShotTrue

Sounds like higher DHT. You could try wieghtlifting and creatine use, or camping/backpacking outdoors

rawmeat

Tobacco works amazing at decreasing water retention for me. Smoke American Spirits or Nat Shermans if you do not roll your own to avoid toxins.

Tobacco increases metabolic rate and shifts the hormones in the right direction like caffeine. Increases DHEA, preg and test.

ebs

Tobacco works amazing at decreasing water retention for me. Smoke American Spirits or Nat Shermans if you do not roll your own to avoid toxins.

Tobacco increases metabolic rate and shifts the hormones in the right direction like caffeine. Increases DHEA, preg and test.

You'd almost think it's healthy. :)

rawmeat

You do not need to inhale through the lungs to get the benefits of nicotine. Trans-salivary will work.

Increases CO2 and CO--the later being ambivalent for health

RobertJM

What does Peat think of Shamans tobacco?
it is quite healthful. Why do you think the globalist mainstream media demonizes it so much????...

Because commercially sold cigarettes turn people’s lungs black.

I doubt shamens tobacco or any other type of tobacco isn’t going to have different effects on the lungs. It’s the smoke isn’t it? That’s what sticks to the lungs and then accumulates. Doesn’t sound too ‘healthful’ to me as it starts to build into a sticky mucous.

rawmeat

So you meant nicotine not tobacco per se.

Isolated substances don't compare.

Sun is not just red light.
Coffee is not just caffeine.
Tobacco is not just nicotine.

There are small attributes to each that play a symbiotic role.

Jib

I don't know. But I do feel like, weirdly enough, smoking makes me more easily sexually aroused, I'll get more excited around women, and it also helps ramp down what I would consider feminine emotional responses, like getting anxious, wanting to cry, etc. Like I might be really frustrated with work and feeling emotional about it but a cig will make me feel like I have my balls back for a while.

I only smoke whole leaf tobacco with a TarGard. Occasionally I really enjoy cigars.

Fortunately there's a place called Leaf Only near me that is close enough for me to drive to once in a while and get fresh steamed whole tobacco leaves. It's crazy cheap compared to commercial cigs. Commercial cigs have so much extra BS in them, like being free-based with ammonia, it's hard to say what the differences are from untouched tobacco.

Not to mention the differences when using a filter like the TarGard that filters out most of the tar, which as I understand is the main cancer causing component of tobacco smoke. I still notice all the benefits from smoking with the TarGard, it's just that I don't get a chronic cough when using the TarGard.

Overall my mood is a lot more stable, and thinking more clear, with mild tobacco use, maybe 1 to 3 cigarettes a day. Personally I use the whole leaf tobacco, you can even get organic leaves if you want to go crazy, and Zen 100mm tubes. My favorite is to blend Turkish with Burley. Yenidje tobacco is the best in the world but AFAIK it's unavailable now. Real shame. Turkish leaves generally have lower tar content. Burley is the highest, then you have the specialized oddball leaves like Perique, which smell absolutely horrific but are amazing if blended into a mix of other tobacco leaves with care.

F***, I want a cigarette now. Lol.

DaveFoster

So you meant nicotine not tobacco per se.
Some of the other alkaloids found in tobacco, besides the nicotine, have distinguished biological effects, some of which are positive, and others, negative. For example, inhibition of the MAO-B enzyme has neuroprotective effects, and smokers have lower levels of this enzyme.

"We measured the concentration of brain monoamine oxidase B (MAO B; EC 1.4.3.4) in 8 smokers and compared it with that in 8 non-smokers and in 4 former smokers using positron emission tomography (PET) and deuterium substituted [11C]L-deprenyl ([11C]L-deprenyl-D2) as a radiotracer for MAO B. Smokers had significantly lower brain MAO B than non-smokers as measured by the model term lambda k3 which is a function of MAO B activity. Reductions were observed in all brain regions. Low brain MAO B in the cigarette smoker appears to be a pharmacological rather than a genetic effect since former smokers did not differ from non-smokers. Brain MAO B inhibition by cigarette smoke is of relevance in light of the inverse association between smoking and Parkinson's disease and a high prevalence of smoking in psychiatric disorders and in substance abuse. Though nicotine is at the core of the neuropharmacological actions of tobacco smoke, MAO B inhibition may also be an important variable in understanding and treating tobacco smoke addiction."

Neuropharmacological actions of cigarette smoke: brain monoamine oxidase B (MAO B) inhibition. - PubMed - NCBI

tankasnowgod

You'd almost think it's healthy. :)

Haidut mentioned this possibility in another thread....

Cotinine is indeed a much more powerful AI than nicotine, and longer-lasting too. Similar to caffeine where Peat said "coffee is more than caffeine", I'd say "smoking is more than nicotine". One thing is for sure - smokers do have much higher androgen and lower estrogen levels than non-smokers. Most of the harms from smoking is from the tobacco treatment (ammonia) and other toxins they add such as flame retardants, anti-mold, etc. Pure tobacco, smoked through an activated charcoal filter is probably not nearly as bad and may even be...healthy?? Here is one long and fascinating thread on Longecity that for those interested in seeing authoritarianism and group-think in action.
Smoking is good for you! - Lifestyle - LONGECITY

Look for the comments by user @nightlight in that thread.

I would second the idea of American Spirits or Nat Shermans. Nat Shermans are a world apart from the regular cigarettes you buy in most stores.

Even having said that...... regular cigarettes may still be useful for some conditions, and less harmful (and cheaper) that "officially recommended" drugs-

'Doctors don't always know best:' Student claims he cured debilitating bowel disease by taking up smoking | Daily Mail Online

tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Because commercially sold cigarettes turn people’s lungs black.

I doubt shamens tobacco or any other type of tobacco isn’t going to have different effects on the lungs. It’s the smoke isn’t it? That’s what sticks to the lungs and then accumulates. Doesn’t sound too ‘healthful’ to me as it starts to build into a sticky mucous.

As mentioned above, commercially sold cigarettes contain a lot of harmful elements that have zero to do with tobacco. Just like the alcohol sold during prohibition contained poisons like acetone and other industrial solvents that had far worse effects than alcohol, modern commercial cigarettes contain a whole host of toxins deliberately added that are far worse than tobacco. Tobacco soaked in ammonia or with added toxic flame retardants will always be worse than pure tobacco, same as alcohol laced with acetone will cause health problems beyond plain alcohol.