Androgenic/anti-estrogen Herbs+spices And Scents?

beta pandemic

Ray mentioned Curcumin (the main active ingredient in turmeric) in his January newsletter...."Several of the flavonoids of fruits and vegetables (rutin, naringin, hesperitin, apigenin, fisetin, luteolin, quercetin, curcumin) have a catalytic prooxidant effect similar to that of Vitamin C and aspirin.

i see naringin aspirin apigenin and quercetin so im guessing good? lol

guess i have another toy to experiment with

Lucas

Every time I try Rhodiola I feel worse, more fatigued, more tired. If someone can recommend a brand that gives energy instead of fatigue.

paymanz

Best anti estrogen herb is chamomile... Chamomile tea is best thing I used to drink to fix some moments of hypoglycemia... And chamomile is 5ar enhancer loaded with glycine .... Chamomile makes me fit and seems anabolic helps people fight cachexia... When I drink chamomile I don't have problems with insomnia
it's 5AR enhancing effect documented anywhere?
Any study or link?

Thanks

REOSIRENS

it's 5AR enhancing effect documented anywhere?
Any study or link?

Thanks
Chamomile

Spanish Chamomile (I live in South Europe but not Spain and I can attest that chamomile prices are sky rocking in central and south Europe...Went Germany once and I have been checking prices of Chamomile there... they are not that cheap for a herb that grows in so many countries in Europe in some open Fields and its popularity is all time high in Europe...So plenty of demand)
Effects of petroleum ether extract of Anacyclus pyrethrum DC. on sexual behavior in male rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Glycine upregulates 5ar reductase(chamomile is loaded with glycine)

Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

Apigenin (it is in Chamomile)

"The testosterone producing Leydig cells in the testes have receptors for thromboxane A2. Via these receptors thromboxane A2 activates the protein DAX-1, which in turn inhibits the steroidogenic acute regulatory [StAR] protein. The StAR protein plays a key role in the conversion of cholesterol into testosterone. So it’s no surprise that administering a COX2 inhibitor boosts the testosterone level in elderly rats. Apigenin is a naturally occurring substance that scuppers the working of the thromboxane-A2 receptor, the Texans discovered when they screened a large number of substances.
"The present study demonstrates that apigenin is able to enhance StAR gene expression and steroid hormone production in mouse Leydig cells by blocking the thromboxane A2 receptor and reducing the transcriptional repressor DAX-1", the Texans conclude. "It also suggests the potential for a dietary approach for the enhancement of steroidogenesis in aging Leydig cells. Further studies are needed to examine the efficacy of dietary apigenin on testosterone biosynthesis and its effects on the health of aging males."

paymanz

Chamomile

Spanish Chamomile (I live in South Europe but not Spain and I can attest that chamomile prices are sky rocking in central and south Europe...Went Germany once and I have been checking prices of Chamomile there... they are not that cheap for a herb that grows in so many countries in Europe in some open Fields and its popularity is all time high in Europe...So plenty of demand)
Effects of petroleum ether extract of Anacyclus pyrethrum DC. on sexual behavior in male rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Glycine upregulates 5ar reductase(chamomile is loaded with glycine)

Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

Apigenin (it is in Chamomile)

"The testosterone producing Leydig cells in the testes have receptors for thromboxane A2. Via these receptors thromboxane A2 activates the protein DAX-1, which in turn inhibits the steroidogenic acute regulatory [StAR] protein. The StAR protein plays a key role in the conversion of cholesterol into testosterone. So it’s no surprise that administering a COX2 inhibitor boosts the testosterone level in elderly rats. Apigenin is a naturally occurring substance that scuppers the working of the thromboxane-A2 receptor, the Texans discovered when they screened a large number of substances.
"The present study demonstrates that apigenin is able to enhance StAR gene expression and steroid hormone production in mouse Leydig cells by blocking the thromboxane A2 receptor and reducing the transcriptional repressor DAX-1", the Texans conclude. "It also suggests the potential for a dietary approach for the enhancement of steroidogenesis in aging Leydig cells. Further studies are needed to examine the efficacy of dietary apigenin on testosterone biosynthesis and its effects on the health of aging males."
So there is chamomile and Spanish chamomile,what's your thought and experience comparing them?

I tried chamomile and experienced very good effects.

REOSIRENS

So there is chamomile and Spanish chamomile,what's your thought and experience comparing them?

I tried chamomile and experienced very good effects.
I have tried plenty of Chamomiles... Some that come from Germany Spain Portugal and now I am buying from Amazon and they come from Egypt... They are all look good and feel good and they all seem to have these good effects... But Portuguese chamomile is slightly the best maybe because it comes from a tailored crop that is quite expensive to keep buying... But all Chamomile seem to have the same effects... I usually buy 1kg bag of Chamomile and make this thick dense tea as daily beverage

REOSIRENS

Spanish/Portuguese and German chamomile are physically the same and tastes is very similar... There is only variation of sweetness... but not detectable only scientific name on package can tell difference... In terms of benefits they are same only probably potence is the difference

LeeLemonoil

Likely. It lowers cortisol and contain apigenin-glucoside which has documented and researched positive effects on steroidgenesis and mentl health ( induces BDNF)

shepherdgirl

Thinking about herbs & spices for seasoning food: what about leaves other than mints (tarragon, parsley, cilantro, thyme, dill, oregano, basil, lemongrass, etc.); cayenne; onion; galangal?
I take it seed- and nut- spices are often high in pufa (please tell me that cumin and nutmeg are exceptions!!), but are they estrogenic as well?

Experienced

Mammalian sex hormones in plants http://www.cm-uj.krakow.pl/FHC/43_2/01_JAN.pdf
The values are too small to have any effects I guess.
some of them have 5 alpha reductase!

View attachment 3327
View attachment 3326
c1b7f36.jpg

Mauritio

Chamomile lowers estrogen and nitric oxide. It Increases progesterone ,DHEA and possibly DHT because it contains some glycine. Plus it has some anti-cancer activity, becauseeot contains apigenin.

Cell culture study. Shows increase in progesterone and DHEA and a decrease in estrogen.

Anti-cancer

Effective for treatin mastalgia and PMS ,both likely caused by estrogen, thus anti-estrogenic properties confirmed again .

Last edited:

Mauritio

This study shows a decrease in testosterone and an increase in estrogen.

Chamomile abolishes artificial testosterone inhibition.

Chamomile contains chrysin, which has been shown to increase testosterone ,inhibit aromatase and COX2 .

Gypsumking

So what is the verdict is chamomile tea safe hormonally? I briefly remember Ray making a comment on it when georgi mentioned it in one of the danny roddys podcasts but can't remember if he was in favour of it or not

LeeLemonoil

So what is the verdict is chamomile tea safe hormonally? I briefly remember Ray making a comment on it when georgi mentioned it in one of the danny roddys podcasts but can't remember if he was in favour of it or not
Good source of Apigenin, great taste and anti inflammatory. It’s great in my book

Gypsumking

Good source of Apigenin, great taste and anti inflammatory. It’s great in my book
I find it definitely reduces stress for me and helps with sleep however I may be incorrect but I vaguely remember Ray making a negative comment about it

David PS

The tea gives my dry mouth. I have to stay away from chamomile tea because the negative consequences of dry mouth outweighs its benefit.

Gypsumking

The tea gives my dry mouth. I have to stay away from chamomile tea because the negative consequences of dry mouth outweighs its benefit.
Chamomile is known as a mast cell stabaliser so it can act as an antihistamine. I know antihistamines can cause dry mouth. I've heard Ray talk about less saliva at night while using cyproheptadine.
I would see it as a good thing though if it has antihistamine actions. I don't notice any dry mouth effects