And Masking The Taste Of It?

Kloppstock

I hope you have tasted the powder?, feels like i have tested everything to mask the sourness, seemes rather impossible

InChristAlone

If you are taking it in a large amount it is best to do a chaser. Don't destroy any foods or drink!

OP
K

Kloppstock

If you are taking it in a large amount it is best to do a chaser. Don't destroy any foods or drink!

Urban Dictionary: chaser
Now you have to make up your mind, juice?, pop?, or beer? (remember its a 67 year old woman who shall eat it, and she must use a spoon to extend her own suffering)

Shall you listen to pop music while taking it? i dunno what pop means im afraid, don't talk slang-english with me ;)

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Sorry, I will be more clear. I usually dump the stuff on my tongue and then quickly down a drink, any drink will do, water, juice, coke!

OP
K

Kloppstock

Sorry, I will be more clear. I usually dump the stuff on my tongue and then quickly down a drink, any drink will do, water, juice, coke!
But it doesn't do for a sensitive mum, so im more interested in the nature of taste, and how you mask this, water and juice is not enough, elders cant carbonate!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You could buy empty gelatin capsules and fill them with the desired dose of niacinamide.

OP
K

Kloppstock

You could buy empty gelatin capsules and fill them with the desired dose of niacinamide.
Even better i have purchased niacinamide in filled gelatin capsules, the mum cant swallow pills any longer, that was the first problem i forgot to mention to you :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Even better i have purchased niacinamide in filled gelatin capsules, the mum cant swallow pills any longer, that was the first problem i forgot to mention to you :)
Some elderly people who can't swallow pills mix their crushed medicine in apple sauce or yogurt. I haven't tried it that way personally but maybe some honey mixed in apple sauce or yogurt would help mask the taste?

tara

I drink my niacinamide in orange juice along with other B-vits. It tastes a bit different but not unpleasant to me. I'm taking a gentle dose of ~100mg niacinamide at a time.

tara