Ancient Anti-Inflammatory Drug Has Cancer-Fighting Properties

Agent207

"“Salicylic acid is one of the oldest drugs on the planet, dating back to the Egyptians and the Greeks, but we’re still discovering new things about it,” said senior author Eric Verdin, MD, associate director of the Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology. “Uncovering this pathway of inflammation that salicylic acid acts upon opens up a host of new clinical possibilities for these drugs.”"

Salicylate, diflunisal and their metabolites inhibit CBP/p300 and exhibit anticancer activity

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
:rightagain

Birdie

@Agent207 Do you know anything about the "p 300 lysine acetyltransferase" that the aspirin and difusinal are blocking?

When I see lysine mentioned, like this, I get nervous:

"both salicylate and diflunisal blocked the acetylation of lysine residues on histone and non-histone proteins in cells."

Maybe I'll do a search, but no guarantee I'll understand what I find....

Philomath

"“Salicylic acid is one of the oldest drugs on the planet, dating back to the Egyptians and the Greeks, but we’re still discovering new things about it,” said senior author Eric Verdin, MD, associate director of the Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology. “Uncovering this pathway of inflammation that salicylic acid acts upon opens up a host of new clinical possibilities for these drugs.”"

Salicylate, diflunisal and their metabolites inhibit CBP/p300 and exhibit anticancer activity

@haidut , (or any other chemists, Pharmacists or researchers on the forum) this study mentions Diflunal as a treatment for types of cancer. I did not find any mention of Diflunal (Dolobid) in any of Dr. Peat's articles or in this forum. I guess it was created as a diabetes drug a while back. I'm wondering if its still around and potentially useful - especially for those that don't tolerate Aspirin well.

"Now, Shirakawa et al. – who include a researcher involved in the 2001 study – show that salicylate does indeed block the activity of the p300 enzyme. Shirakawa et al. then searched a database looking for drugs that have salicylate as part of their molecular structure. The search led to a drug called diflunisal, which was even more effective at blocking p300 in laboratory tests.
Some cancers, including a blood cancer, rely on p300 to grow; diflunisal was shown to stop this kind of cancer cell from growing, both in the laboratory and in mice. Together, the experiments suggest that salicylate and drugs that share some of its structure might represent useful treatments for certain cancers, as well as other diseases that involve the p300 enzyme."

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
meatbag Is Ancient Hebrew Script Based On Phonician? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 0
meatbag Remains Of Ancient Rainforest In Antartica Uncovered Breaking News 2
michael94 Ancient Plant Medicine Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
KnowledgeSeeker In The Ancient Times Billion Of Years Ago There Were More Plants = More Oxygen? Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 37
DaveFoster Ancient Native Americans Drank Strong Coffee Scientific Studies 2
S Ancient Chinese Were Peatarians Diet, Recipes 77
R Magnesium Oil From the Ancient Zechstein Sea Magnesium 23
Drareg US Military Anti Aging Pill Society 3
Lokzo Cyproheptadine, an epigenetic modifier, exhibits anti-tumor activity - 2021 Scientific Studies 11
Drareg Children anti-depressants, 231,791 prescriptions UK in 2020 Children 2
G Why is LLLT anti-inflammatory if it increases nitric oxide? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Velve921 Anti-Anxiety Activity Mental Issues 1
R Anti-Peat Mitigating PUFAs anti metabolic effect with increased calories intake Debate - Anti-Peat 9
B Stress of "Adult life" is what stunts brain, height and body frame growth??? (Anti-Neurogenesis and Anabolism) Ask For Help or Advice 1
michael94 Calcium helps to mitigate the Anti-Thyroid effects of Green Tea Thyroid and Hormones 1
G Aspirin and Androgens Compilation (Anti-Peat-ish) Scientific Studies 6
J Why was my best hair on anti DHT protocol? Hair & Nails 55
yerrag Dr. Robert Young - And Tom Brady- Practicing Very Anti-Peat Diet and Claims To Be Staying Healthy and Young WTF? Diet 53
Mito Repurposing Anti-Malaria Phytomedicine Artemisinin as a COVID-19 Drug Articles & Scientific Studies 0
charlie The protective and anti-inflammatory effect of methylene blue in corrosive esophageal burns: An experimental study Scientific Studies 8
F Homemade face moisturizer/anti aging serum ingredients advice? Ask For Help or Advice 35
R Anti Nitric Oxide effect of Maple Syrup Diet 2
I Near-infrared photoimmunotherapy of cancer: a new approach that kills cancer cells and enhances anti-cancer host immunity Cancer 2
Velve921 Anti-EMF Pendants Minerals 44
johnwester130 Mercola is now anti-PUFA Miscellaneous Health Discussions 14
calvert79 Anti Panic Attack Elixir? Ask For Help or Advice 31
Brave Heart MUST SEE...DELETED BILL GATES DOCUMENTARY ABOUT GMO, VACCINES, Anti-Trust Lawsuit Vaccines 7
M Orange Juice is a potent anti-thyroid Diet 22
Lokzo Bromantane: The Anti-Stress Nootropic Supplements 5
appotis Warning Importing Androsterone to Germany Anti-Doping-Law Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
youngsinatra Rate My Anti-Aging Stack Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 77
Mito Anti-inflammatory activity of ivermectin in late-stage COVID-19 may reflect activation of systemic glycine receptors Miscellaneous Health Discussions 7
GreekDemiGod Preventive anti-Covid measures for my mother | Help me convince her to skip the vaxx Ask For Help or Advice 80
tankasnowgod The Anti-Catabolic and Anabolic Hormonal Profile of Eggs Eggs 28
A Cheap and effective anti-cortisol supp/alternative to ashwaghanda Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 28
Hugh Johnson Anti–spike IgG causes severe acute lung injury by skewing macrophage responses during acute SARS-CoV infection Scientific Studies 0
RealNeat Anti-A people, how do you respond to D? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
A Anti-Peat article on google Diet 12
A Anti-aging, more collagen production, youthful appearance due to glitch re: histamine? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
Michael Mohn Bifonazole, otc anti fungal, strong aromatase inhibitor, anti histamine, anti inflammatory Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Mauritio Allithiamine : a potent endotoxin-antagonist and anti-inflammatory Scientific Studies 8
Hans Top 6 Anti-Constipation Foods (#1 is a must eat) Articles & Scientific Studies 30
R Bixin carotenoide from annatto bean is anti-inflammatory, reduces carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats Scientific Studies 0
RealNeat The HighWire is the anti-venom to MSM Resources 0
Hans Anti-serotonin stack for more energy and well-being Articles & Scientific Studies 17
Mauritio 10-methoxy-harmalan ,an anti-serotonin chemical? IdeaLabs 80
Mauritio Caprylic acid is anti-bacterial, lowers IL-8, helps Glioblastoma Fats 0
R Bad reaction to anti-biotic? Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
Harryedgar Anti -Peat - Fructose Increases Endotoxin? Sugar, Honey 1
D Good alternative to anti anxiety medication? Mental Issues 34