Anal Fissures Caused By Vitamin K2?

sele

Every time I use vitamin K (Thorne) for about 5 days in a row I get an anal fissure. If I stop using it the fissure goes away. I've seen this happen several times.

Why dose vitamin K cause these fissures?

johns74

Probably something in the product that isn't K2, a byproduct of the production process. Have you tried topically?

OP
sele

sele

I was not sure if it could be used topically. Does it absorb well?
I have taken another brand (Life Extensions) for some time and got the same fissures.

Gl;itch.e

Are you making sure you are getting enough of vitamin's A and D?

forterpride

Are you making sure you are getting enough of vitamin's A and D?

My mother is having problems with these as well. (anal fissures) can you elaborate on why you mention A and D? Can those help with this condition? Thank you.

Gl;itch.e

They all seem to work best in balance with one another by most admissions though I think K is generally safe to be taken on its own in low doses. I haven't heard of any issues with this specific symptom but if its related to blood clotting at all I can see the link. What sort of doses is being talked about here?

forterpride

They all seem to work best in balance with one another by most admissions though I think K is generally safe to be taken on its own in low doses. I haven't heard of any issues with this specific symptom but if its related to blood clotting at all I can see the link. What sort of doses is being talked about here?

Sorry. I didn't make myself clear. I'm not saying my mother has anal fissures as a side effect. She doesn't take any supplements. But when I saw your post mentioning A and D as a remedy for the OP's fissures..I thought maybe there was a connection between these vitamins and fissures..as in...they could help fissures. In other words..my mother suffers from anal fissures and I was wondering if anybody had any tips on how she can address it. She has tried every cream and medication in the book for years now and nothing seems to help. I thought maybe vitamin A deficiency could cause it (shot in the dark) since she is already minimizing grain and eats the raw carrot everyday...im not sure what else to do.

Gl;itch.e

Id probably look into progesterone for veinous issues and maybe be cautious with fibre unless she's passing multiple easy stools a day. But I aint no doctor.

johnwester130

weird, I may have this problem too

I think topically it absorbs better,

and bypassing the digestion would be safer

O

oldfriend

Do you still have this issue with K2? Is it resolved if you use it topically?