Anal Fissure

Amazoniac

Thanks for the links, I'll take a look. So is the take home message from this, have a very nutrient dense diet, get lots of all the vitamins, don't just focus on one (For example, poor diet but supplementing D and nothing else)
I guess supplementation is better than becoming deficient.
You might need more of some specific isolated nutrients, but you still need a foundation for them to work.
Oral route should always be favored, unless you have a special reason to avoid it.
Davezord is a cool dude. And my snowman has a green scarf.

Travis

And my snowman has a green scarf.
Oh yeah. Not only does my snowman have an orange carrot to represent a nose, it also has a strategically‐placed zucchini [not shown].

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Oh yeah. Not only does my snowman have an orange carrot to represent a nose, it also has a strategically‐placed zucchini [not shown].
Such grew up very self-conscious because his classmates used to call him tripod. As an adult, it was really embarassing for him to go up to a store and ask for baby sneakers, and the person asked what's the name of the baby, and he looked down directing her attention to the third leg. This occured until one day when he was showering and had the idea of guarding his.. zucchini as a coil spring around one of his legs, just like the resistance above his head that was heating the wasser. After that day he's been very confident because not only he looks normal, but he alternates the legs so that each day he's bulking up one of them.

Last edited:
Such grew up very self-conscious because his classmates used to call him tripod. As an adult, it was really embarassing for him to go up to a store and ask for baby sneakers, and the person asked what's the name of the baby, and he looked down directing her attention to the third leg. This occured until one day when he was showering and had the idea of guarding his.. zucchini as a coil spring around one of his legs, just like the resistance above his head that was heating the wasser. After that day he's been very confident because not only he looks normal, but he alternates the legs so that each day he's bulking up one of them.

@Such_Saturation shut it down! the bipedals know :astonished:

Amazoniac

It's possible to get constipated by excess chloride or bicarbonate. Whether you do well with one or the other depends on your state. Many people report that sodium bicarbonate makes them go immediately to the bathroom, and as a coincidence or not, many are ingesting plenty of chloride on a daily basis.

I believe if you already have it in excess and insist on consuming more, it will make your situation worse unless you reach the immoral amounts.
Table salt consists of about 60% chloride and you'd be getting 3x more of it in relation to magnesium when you supplement the chloride form.
On top of that, depending on the cheese it has a lot of salt and if you supplement magnesium topically, that's a unnatural amount coming in every day.

People should be balancing them: if you eat plenty of table salt, just opt for mg bicarbonate or acetate. Acetate can't be in excess because it's a strange signal. If I'm not wrong, in terms of diet, it can only come from fermentation, ingesting an excess is as if you were eating spoiled food constantly, which is taxing to the body. Acetic acid is fermented by gram-negative bacteria, so it's expected that it favors their growth, so perhaps continuous use in excessive amounts is not good for this reason as well. Now if you use sodium bicarbonate often, you just have to oppose it with some chloride for best results, or ingest half sodium chloride and half bicarbonate.

So, one simple thing to try in constipation, is experimenting if you don't have an excess of one or the other.

G Forrest

Try a Sits bath. Draw a warm bath, add half cup epsom salt, a generous amount of baking soda, a few squirts of witch hazel (non-alcohol brand), and some coconut oil. This helps to relieve itching and hemorrhoids. I've also found applying coconut oil to be helpful.

Amazoniac

Guru, if you're having problems with magnesium retention, supplemental B-vitamins can make it worse and on top of it they won't function properly. That is, considering that cheese and vit D supplements combined are already inducing a depletion. To find a way around, a possibility is to decrease cheese a bit and compensate with strained yogurt if you feel like doing so.
Vit D supplements' effects can persist for many days after it was stopped, so it's difficult to test things unless you stop it altogether for a while.

Last edited:
OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Guru, if you're having problems with magnesium retention, supplemental B-vitamins can make it worse and on top of it they won't function properly. That is, considering that cheese and vit D supplements combined are already inducing a depletion. To find a way around, a possibility is to decrease cheese a bit and compensate with strained yogurt if you feel like doing so.
Vit D supplements' effects can persist for many days after it was stopped, so it's difficult to test things unless you stop it altogether for a while.

Am I guru now haha? How would you establish if someone has problems retaining magnesium? I have had a magnesium serum and magnesium RBC blood tests and they've come back within range.

I have stopped cheese altogether since I made this post, as well as bought a squatty potty as suggested above and the issue has improved but not resolved.

You think vit D induces magnesium depletion?

InChristAlone

Magnesium, vit C and boron are needed for good D status. I don't agree with supplementing large doses. What it will do is increase calcium absorption. And you'd have to know if that is something you want.

Travis

This is a good point. Magnesium is the counterion to calcium.

Amazoniac

How would you establish if someone has problems retaining magnesium?
From what I read it's difficult to know judging by tests, even the loading and excretion ones. If you feel good after supplementation with different forms, and the effect disappears fast or on the first calcium loading, you probably have.
You think vit D induces magnesium depletion?
It participates in vit D metabolism, so you need some, but the problems arise when you take the vit in excess or in the presence of dairy and calcium supplements. It causes some gross imbalances that no amount of supplemental magnesium can make up for.
This kind of message is becoming repetitive on the forum, but:
I do not want to make the mistake Winston Churchill expressed so clearly: "Men occasionally stumble over the Truth, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

From what I read it's difficult to know judging by tests, even the loading and excretion ones. If you feel good after supplementation with different forms, and the effect disappears fast or on the first calcium loading, you probably have.

It participates in vit D metabolism, so you need some, but the problems arise when you take the vit in excess or in the presence of dairy and calcium supplements. It causes some gross imbalances that no amount of supplemental magnesium can make up for.
This kind of message is becoming repetitive on the forum, but:

What do you consider vitamin D excess, depending who you are asking, the amount can vary wildly.

Also you mentioned in the presence of dairy, do you not think dairy is a positive thing?

Anyone had any experience with anal fissure? Such as the feeling like you are passing glass during your bowl movement, with some bright red blood wiped on the toilet paper, and a stinging feeling for a while afterwards?

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

it's called hemorrhoids, it's caused by a bad reaction to food according to ray, are you taking any supplements? ive had them caused by magnesium supplements before

Amazoniac

What do you consider vitamin D excess, depending who you are asking, the amount can vary wildly.

Also you mentioned in the presence of dairy, do you not think dairy is a positive thing?

Up to 2000IU in divided doses is reasonable. Above the upper limit of 4000IU warrants more attention to your diet.
Calcirol - Liquid Supplement With Vitamin D3 (I believe he considers 10000 already a high dose)
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Can Be Caused Quite Easily By Change In Hormones (for precautions when it comes to higher doses)
Vit K2 does nothing in terms of regulating calcium absorption as far as I know, and here lies the problem that goes back to issues with magnesium retention, which in turn warrants caution with the combination of dairy and vit D (to a much lesser degree, even from sun) in any amount.

Dairy is very positive and protective, but we can't deny that it's not suitable for adults in large amounts. Various things can go wrong with it as well and this is the case with many of us. Milch, for example, excess calcium or liquid, problems with protein digestion or its carbs. Perhaps the reason why I appear to be against it is because it's promoted here as a risk-free food and so I'm on board with others that say it's not.

It's difficult to find intelligent people that consume a lot of calcium, Ray is not a good example because he's assisted by thyroid supplements and some other hormones. It seems to against thinking fluidity, but it can be just my own impression.

Last edited:

Travis

The thing about taking vitamin D supplements is you throw large doses at the intestines. Now I know cholecalciferol is not generally thought to be active until it reaches the kidneys, but I had read one experiment showing epithelial cells capable of transforming cholecalciferol into active calcitriol.

I had thought perhaps that taking supplements could lead to an unusually high calcium absorption for this reason. I use it transdermally now once in a while, on the skin, and can feel the hormonal effects (but not that hypercalcemic, stiff joint feeling I notice from taking it orally.)

Amazoniac

I use it transdermally now once in a while, on the skin, and can feel the hormonal effects (but not that hypercalcemic, stiff joint feeling I notice from taking it orally.)
How do you match the doses for an even comparison? Or the same thing happens in varied doses?
Did you get an alert from this post? I tried to exclude the member code.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals